Police State: 'Homeland Security' Monitoring Internet For 'Anti-Government' Sentiment

If you are looking for something to copy and paste in your messages to the committee, feel free to use the following:

Dear Congressman (or Congresswoman),

On February 16, you will be holding a hearing on the monitoring of social media by the Department of Homeland Security. The DHS has been performing domestic surveillance of American citizens with no probable cause.

Governments have a bad habit of finding crimes wherever they look for crimes, even if no crimes are actually being committed. The idea we citizens have nothing to fear from our government spying on us if we are not doing anything wrong is grossly misplaced. If that axiom were true, there would be no need for the Fourth Amendment.

Being content with the idea of our government looking in more and more places for crimes without evidence of criminal activity actually occuring is very much against the American principles of freedom and liberty.

I hope you will protect our freedoms and direct DHS to stop eavesdropping on us citizens.

Thank you very much.

Why? Why do you care they have the authority to do it and arrest you. That will be their reply to you.

Still 'Occupying' USMB i see? Practice what you preach dipshit. :lol:

I show more courage in a few words than you have ever shown in the entire body of your posts on this board. I don't allow anything to make me fearful, I am going to do what I like to do and say whatever I like and screw THEM if they have a problem with it. Fear is a lever and boy do the fearmongers have their hooks in you.
Paulie wallows in it...
if this unidentified something should happen then, "THEY" will know just where to find Paulie and his sidekick eot's...under their bed, reeking of piss.

Shit daws, go back to trolling the Conspiracy Theory boards... HACK!

I did notice that as soon as this subject came up our friend daws showed up. For those of you that don't know, daws spends an incredible amount of time over in the Conspiracies forum attacking the folks who don't buy the government story. He spends so much time doing it that folks are thinking he's PAID to do it by our government.

Now this Homeland Security thread shows up and guess what? Here comes daws to try and stamp down THAT criticism of the government, too.

Do they pay you on separate checks for different forums, daws?? :cool:

I show more courage in a few words than you have ever shown in the entire body of your posts on this board. I don't allow anything to make me fearful, I am going to do what I like to do and say whatever I like and screw THEM if they have a problem with it. Fear is a lever and boy do the fearmongers have their hooks in you.
Paulie wallows in it...
if this unidentified something should happen then, "THEY" will know just where to find Paulie and his sidekick eot's...under their bed, reeking of piss.

Shit daws, go back to trolling the Conspiracy Theory boards... HACK!
shit what?
prove me wrong..you and the other 2 posers.

Most Americans continue to believe that a Police State is some far off virtually impossible scenario. Well, guess what? They're wrong. The Police State is real, and it's the here & now...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKkFoSt6aKQ]Police State 2012: No Need to Wait, It's Already Here - YouTube[/ame]

Most Americans continue to believe that a Police State is some far off virtually impossible scenario. Well, guess what? They're wrong. The Police State is real, and it's the here & now...

Police State 2012: No Need to Wait, It's Already Here - YouTube
lol!!!talk to any one who ever lived in what was east Germany or north Korea and then get back to me about a police state!
btw if this were a real police state they would have allready tracked your IP AND BE KNOCKING DOWN YOUR AND HAULING YOU OUT BEFORE YOU COULD EVER READ THIS POST!

i did notice that as soon as this subject came up our friend daws showed up. For those of you that don't know, daws spends an incredible amount of time over in the conspiracies forum attacking the folks who don't buy the government story. He spends so much time doing it that folks are thinking he's paid to do it by our government.

Now this homeland security thread shows up and guess what? Here comes daws to try and stamp down that criticism of the government, too.

Do they pay you on separate checks for different forums, daws?? :cool:
yes dear!

It's not just 'Crazy Paranoia.' They are watching, and some of their employees do likely frequent this very Board. Thank God for a group like the 'Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC)'.

An electronic privacy group has convinced lawmakers to hold hearings next week to look into the Department of Homeland Security's practice of monitoring social media and other news and information Web sites like the Drudge Report. The hearings are the result of findings by the Electronic Privacy Information Center (EPIC), which obtained nearly 300 pages of documents as a result of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit detailing DHS' "information gathering" practices online.

In particular, the documents show that the department instructed private contractors to monitor the Web for media reports and other information that "reflect adversely" on DHS and the federal government. "The Department of Homeland Security’s monitoring of political dissent has no legal basis and is contrary to core First Amendment principles," EPIC director Ginger McCall said, according to a report at Infowars.com, a watchdog site.

"The language in the documents makes it quite clear that they are looking for media reports that are critical of the agency and the U.S. government more broadly," she added. "This is entirely outside of the bounds of the agency’s statutory duties." A Reuters report in January noted that DHS was monitoring social media Web sites including Facebook, Twitter, Hulu, WikiLeaks. The report also said DHS was monitoring "news and gossip sites including the Huffington Post and Drudge Report."

According to government documents, the purpose of the monitoring was to "collect information used in providing situational awareness and establishing a common operating picture." An unnamed DHS official quoted by Reuters said the program was benign, and that it was only intended to keep abreast of major, developing events to which the department and its various agencies would have to respond.

EPIC's McCall dismissed that explanation.

"They are completely out of bounds here," she said, according to Infowars.com. "The idea that the government is constantly peering over your shoulder and listening to what you are saying creates a very chilling effect to legitimate dissent."

The House Committee on Homeland Security's subcommittee on Counterterrorism and Intelligence has scheduled a hearing Feb. 16 to discuss the DHS monitoring.

NewsRoomAmerica.com - Group Forces Hearing on Homeland Security Web Monitoring
DRUDGE REPORT 2012®

obama is the worse president we have had since Woodrow Wilson He's a lying sorry sack of dog shit.HOWS THAT?

That's funny. Everyone knows George WH Bush was the worst modern day president since Ronnie Raygun. God I hope they don't time travel. I'd be fucked!:eek:

Forum List

Back