POLICE STATE: Cop Draws Sidearm On Man For Filming [VIDEO]...

If he matched the description of an armed and dangerous person, that would be probable cause. He never had probable cause like that or he would have stated it. Nothing but intimidation, which police have no business doing.

And that's ridiculous that your not allowed to take pictures of something you can look at on google earth. Your walking your dogs, taking pictures of public areas, and now you are treated like a criminal in the name of security theater. If the govt really cared about protecting us from terrorism they would secure the boarder, and 96% of dangerous contraband would not make it through TSA in TSA's own freaking study.

I believe it was Ben Franklin who said those who wish to trade security for freedom, deserve and get neither
I don't know what the cop knew or what the department policy is. I don't want to guess and convict him, that's up to them. I don't believe the cop I was talking about was correct but I'll leave the activism to others. Now if he had put hands on me, different story.
So his assumption that this guy was armed and could shoot was not wild and ridiculous? And you believe that the cop was not trying to intimidate at all?
Any cop that doesn't assume someone is armed is a fool.
Ah presume guilty until you discover otherwise.
...and go home.
Is that really an appropriate way to "get home"? Cops are nothing more than citizens that can enforce the law...so if I'm in say Maine where they have constitutional carry law, I can act exactly like this cop does and not have to answer for it?

I don't know what the cop knew or what the department policy is. I don't want to guess and convict him, that's up to them. I don't believe the cop I was talking about was correct but I'll leave the activism to others. Now if he had put hands on me, different story.
So his assumption that this guy was armed and could shoot was not wild and ridiculous? And you believe that the cop was not trying to intimidate at all?
...and go home.
Is that really an appropriate way to "get home"? Cops are nothing more than citizens that can enforce the law...so if I'm in say Maine where they have constitutional carry law, I can act exactly like this cop does and not have to answer for it?
That's how cops get home, by not assuming the best case scenario. Their jobs are different than, say the UPS guy's. Some people want to kill them and some do.

I said I don't have the details, neither do you. Which part of that is over your head?

...and go home.
That's how cops get home, by not assuming the best case scenario. Their jobs are different than, say the UPS guy's. Some people want to kill them and some do.

I said I don't have the details, neither do you. Which part of that is over your head?
Which part was the cop justified to draw? And how was that not intimidation? Why do the cops not draw on me when my hands are in my pockets?? I could have a gun there (even though that's not a crime)

...and go home.

Which part was the cop justified to draw? And how was that not intimidation? Why do the cops not draw on me when my hands are in my pockets?? I could have a gun there (even though that's not a crime)
You can't read. So in your case I have a suggestion, nothing works better than real life. Go start some shit with some cops with your hands in your pockets and get back to us on what happened.

...and go home.

You can't read. So in your case I have a suggestion, nothing works better than real life. Go start some shit with some cops with your hands in your pockets and get back to us on what happened.
I'm reading just fine, you can't seem to answer simple questions, was the cop justified to draw? And was it intimidation?

Keep on beating up that straw man, and I guess video taping cops is now starting shit. But hey, cops don't have to be responsible to act appropriately, if they don't like something lawful, flash the piece. It's so cool when they do it in the movies

Hey did you know that If you support the Constitution, you're a 'Crazy Terrorist' now? My God, we need to retrain our entire Police Force. What a mess.

“Are you some kind of a constitutionalist?” cop asks man filming

Imbecilic logic.

This makes an individual officer a nincompoop. It in no way can be grown into an argument that this is a police state, for in a police state the man filming would be in jail or dead

next?

If he didn't have his camera, he very likely would be dead or in jail. Such is life in this Police State. Always have your camera handy. Otherwise, it's one lone Citizen's word, against an army of corrupt Police Officers' word. Don't let it come to that. Be prepared.

In a police state the cop would have killed him, taken his camera and erased the film.

The guy is agitated and paranoid.

...and go home.

I'm reading just fine, you can't seem to answer simple questions, was the cop justified to draw? And was it intimidation?

Keep on beating up that straw man, and I guess video taping cops is now starting shit. But hey, cops don't have to be responsible to act appropriately, if they don't like something lawful, flash the piece. It's so cool when they do it in the movies
I did answer, go back and read it. Let us know how your experiment works out.

No you said the cop could have had probable cause, even though he didn't state it and went back to his cruiser. The cop started videotaping him back as a joke, which if he had probable cause, wouldn't he have jumped out and addressed the situation, taken it seriously? Still does not answer if he is justified to draw because of hands in the pockets, and wether or not that is intimidation.

And if I lived in maine would it be ok if treated everyone with a phone and a hand in the pocket like this cop did?

And use of intimidation for compliance is a police state. Especially over something legal. If it isn't then our police should just walk around with full autos shouldered and in ready position all the time, cops will definitly make it home every night, and it would decrease crime.

And if I get pulled over the police should approach the car with their weapon drawn, you said it would be foolish not to assume that I was armed.

No you said the cop could have had probable cause, even though he didn't state it and went back to his cruiser. The cop started videotaping him back as a joke, which if he had probable cause, wouldn't he have jumped out and addressed the situation, taken it seriously? Still does not answer if he is justified to draw because of hands in the pockets, and wether or not that is intimidation.

And if I lived in maine would it be ok if treated everyone with a phone and a hand in the pocket like this cop did?

And use of intimidation for compliance is a police state. Especially over something legal. If it isn't then our police should just walk around with full autos shouldered and in ready position all the time, cops will definitly make it home every night, and it would decrease crime.
I said you can't read and you keep proving it. I said "He said to get your hands out of your pockets, so probably not a violation." Repeating your retarded analysis doesn't make it better.

Go back to grade school.

I said you can't read and you keep proving it. I said "He said to get your hands out of your pockets, so probably not a violation." Repeating your retarded analysis doesn't make it better.

Go back to grade school.
Is that a lawful order?

Go back to grade school.
You're lying to yourself if you don't think that was intimidation

Go back to grade school.
Is it illegal or against department rules? That's the issue, not what I or you think. Intimidation is in the mind of the beholder, his actions are what matters and you don't know the totality of the circumstances. I go back to my original point though, some asshole was looking for trouble and he got it. Problem solved.

Imbecilic logic.

This makes an individual officer a nincompoop. It in no way can be grown into an argument that this is a police state, for in a police state the man filming would be in jail or dead

next?

If he didn't have his camera, he very likely would be dead or in jail. Such is life in this Police State. Always have your camera handy. Otherwise, it's one lone Citizen's word, against an army of corrupt Police Officers' word. Don't let it come to that. Be prepared.
Idiot!!!

If he didn't have a camera, the police officer would not have stopped.

:laugh2:

He would have been in a world of hurt. But instead the cop slinked off quietly. Always have your camera handy.
The cop would not have stopped had the imbecile not been holding a camera

WTF? Standing in front of your own home holding a camera now prompts the police to stop?? How the hell does that work?

Welcome to the new America. But in this case, the Citizen stood up to the bully and forced him to slink away in shame. So score one for average Citizen. And always have your camera ready.

Cop clearly over-reacted and was trying to intimidate the guy, who was merely being an asshole. I'l bet the cop violated departmental policy on drawing his weapon.
He said to get your hands out of your pockets, so probably not a violation.
There was zero cause for the cop to draw his weapon. Drawing your weapon merely to intimidate a citizen not committing any illegal act is almost certainly a violation of policy, as well as the law.
You don't know what he knew, for all you know the camera guy could have matched a description of someone to look out for. I don't have all the details and only one side gets told in cases like this.

I am familiar with this sort of thing, had it happen to me. I was walking my dogs in New Jersey and took a photo of the old historic jail downtown when some retard in a uniform and badge came out and told me I wasn't allowed to because of 9/11 and stuff. Patted his side arm to emphasize the point.

Now, I could have made a big stink, filmed him and shouted about my rights and maybe spurred on some social changes in that township but I have better things to do with my time.
Maybe the camera guy had a joint behind his ear? Yeah,thats it!
There is zero indication that the guy was doing anything other than what he reported doing If you evidence to the contrary, post it.
As it is, the cop is guilty of brandishing, which is a felony most places.

As for your story, the cop tried to intimidate you. And he succeeded. Now, I might have done the same thing, figuring it's not worth it to get into a dispute with a cop over a picture I've already taken. But those are the facts.

He would have been in a world of hurt. But instead the cop slinked off quietly. Always have your camera handy.
The cop would not have stopped had the imbecile not been holding a camera

WTF? Standing in front of your own home holding a camera now prompts the police to stop?? How the hell does that work?

Police are human. Police are flawed beings. Some are in power trips. Some need training on how to serve and protect rather than whatever it is they are doing...

..but only a moron like you would attempt to deny the guy with the camera was trying to instigate a situation. He got one. But he didn't get what he wanted. He got the cop to look stupid, not a crime

How did he instigate anything? By filming the cop driving slowly thru his neighborhood twice?? WTF?

The fact that the guy with the camera did NOTHING wrong, but the cop drew his weapon, is all I need to see.

Drew his weapon. Did he point that weapon at the guy?

and yes, the guy with the camera did absolutely NOTHING wrong. which begs the question(s): why did he want a situation to develop? what was he trying to prove, because whatever that was he failed. He baited the officer and got nothing other than reactions of outrage by numbnuts like you

Dumb cop had no reason to draw his firearm. And the brave Citizen stood up and told him so. You have to stand up to bullies. And unfortunately, that's what our Police have become.

Go back to grade school.
Is it illegal or against department rules? That's the issue, not what I or you think. Intimidation is in the mind of the beholder, his actions are what matters and you don't know the totality of the circumstances. I go back to my original point though, some asshole was looking for trouble and he got it. Problem solved.
Brandishing a weapon is illegal, yes. And probably a violation of dept rules. It was clearly intended to intimidate and totally without justification.
If you have some additional information that would justify the cop's actions, post it. Otherwise you're just spinning wheels here.

Hey did you know that If you support the Constitution, you're a 'Crazy Terrorist' now? My God, we need to retrain our entire Police Force. What a mess.

Imbecilic logic.

next?

In a police state the cop would have killed him, taken his camera and erased the film.

Imbecilic logic.

next?

I'm sure that happens. Because we are living in a Police State. But you're still better off having a camera. Without it, you're definitely screwed. It's a bully deterrent.

Many will just decide it's better to back off and go away. That's what happened in this case. I'm very confident if this man didn't have his camera, he would have been in a world of hurt.

Go back to grade school.
It's an illegal order, cop had

Go back to grade school.
cops cannot issue orders like that without probable cause. Just like they can't search your car without probable cause. This cop had none or else he would not have filmed him back. I'm very friendly with cops, the chief of police in my town is like my second dad. He fired a cop who tazed fleeing suspects, the cop did it once got warned, then did it again and got canned. I've also argued against him in a case where there was a shooting, 2 cops on the scene were the first to arrive and we're performing first aid on the victim when the perpetrating gang showed back up, took their walkies while they were elbow deep trying to stop the bleeding, and then beat the piss out of the cops and put them in the hospital for a month. I asked why didn't they draw, he said that would have escalated it, I said they almost died and whose to say if your willing to beat up a cop, what's to stop them from taking their gun and shooting them. He maintains they did the right thing, I disagree with him in that matter.

I don't think that most cops are bad, but The job attracts power hungry people (like this cop), who are only being enabled by this consider everything and everyone as a possible threat type of training. Cops are citizens just like us, and are not above the law. And because they are responsible for enforcement of law, they should be held to a higher standard that comes with that responsibility. Not be given a free pass to flash a piece at a law abiding citizen

Forum List

Back