Police Shoot and Kill Teen

CarlinAnnArbor

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
He looks white to me. Is this legal though? Shooting someone fleeing when there is no immediate threat to the cop?

Felony fleeing an attempted murder with a vehicle?

I probably would have shot the little bastard myself.

Where is the "attempted murder"

"An overview shot of the officer shooting was released with the bodycam footage that depicts Mann driving backward before hitting a curb. Mann then is shown driving towards the deputy at high speed.

This is when sheriff’s officials say Deputy Gerardo Zazueta shot Mann..."

Video released of sheriff's deputy shooting, killing Modesto teen after high-speed chase

Where is the "attempted murder"

"An overview shot of the officer shooting was released with the bodycam footage that depicts Mann driving backward before hitting a curb. Mann then is shown driving towards the deputy at high speed.

This is when sheriff’s officials say Deputy Gerardo Zazueta shot Mann..."

Video released of sheriff's deputy shooting, killing Modesto teen after high-speed chase

Still a lack of video (despite all the other video) of the car almost hitting the officer.

You know they are young. You have the license number. Go to the house and wait for him to return home or go pick him up tomorrow. The officer says "there are kids in the car" but yet they are willing to try and crash them.

You know they are young. You have the license number. Go to the house and wait for him to return home or go pick him up tomorrow.
Was it his car? How do you justify that as known information?

Edit: I'm not trying to justify the shooting here... Just point out a less than ideal argument made.

Last edited:
You know they are young. You have the license number. Go to the house and wait for him to return home or go pick him up tomorrow.
Was it his car? How do you justify that as known information?

In the end the cop shot into a car full of kids. Not worth it. If there was any concern it wasn't his car it would have been stated in the video.

It was a long chase. It's a young guy. Pull the address and call the home. Have an officer go to the home.

They never do state why they pulled him over to start with.

He looks white to me. Is this legal though? Shooting someone fleeing when there is no immediate threat to the cop?

Well, I see no evidence of a 15 mile chase, either, but I've no reason to doubt it actually happened.

The kid tried to hit a cop, and now the kjid is dead.

Just a little more chlorine in the gene pool...

In the end the cop shot into a car full of kids. Not worth it. If there was any concern it wasn't his car it would have been stated in the video.
Were those kids a danger to society?

It was a long chase. It's a young guy. Pull the address and call the home. Have an officer go to the home.
Pull what address from where? They don't know if that car is even his. They don't seem to know who that person is at all... Why would they? They never got to question him based on the videos shown.

They never do state why they pulled him over to start with.
Traffic violation. That's all they said. First video, not that far into it.

He took off in his car and led them on a high speed chase. That’s enough to justify shooting him in most cases.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. When will people learn?

Up to 60 mph. Not really so high speed.

In the end the cop shot into a car full of kids. Not worth it.

Definitely worth it. The driver tried to hit a cop.

Perfectly justifiable shooting...

If there was any concern it wasn't his car it would have been stated in the video.
Were those kids a danger to society?

Yes.

They tried to elude a cop. That, alone, tells me there's something amiss...

It was a long chase.

Exactly. It was a long chase.

Why?

You say the police should have gone to the home. Well, this dipshit took them on a 15 mile chase and showed no inclination to return to his home, which is what scared kids often do...

Forum List

Back