Police Officer Shot Dead After Pointing Stun Gun at Dogs

I read that too, but they didn't say according to whom.

Maybe the dog will testify.

I find it hard to believe that any other cops saw this go down and didn't bury the guy on the spot. It's more or less a rule with cops that if you fire upon one of them, they kill you. So who is the witness that is providing the 'pointed taser at dog' version of the story?

Cops aren't executioners. I know of a couple of stories where one cop gets shot in a bad warrant situation and they arrested the guy that shot him.

Cory Maye - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What does this have to do with politics?
Police is governed by government policies. This police officer looks like Obama supporter who cannot think properly.

Since Obama become president, many innocent dogs have been shot dead by police officers for no reason at all. So this was waiting to happen.

Hey Libs! Do you want the new guy? We don't.

Nope. You get the new asshole.

On topic, I hope this fucking cop-killing bastard is sent up the river for a long time. I am sick of people equating animal life with human life.

Yeah, I said it. If you think a dog's life is equal in value to a human's, you are a fucking idiot.

Had a very similar thing happen to us,only it was late at night,and after hearing the dog start carrying on like mad I looked ut the living room window,just in time to see a dark figure sneaking around the back of the house,I was a breath away from sticking my 870 out the back door,when another cop knocked on the door,wrong house by about a 1000 miles,and garentied they would have shot me if I challenged them,they were indignant and basically assholes about the whole thing,my dog was also lucky to have survived,at what point do you have the right to defend your self,cops or not.

In most states you have to be physically in jeopardy. Shooting someone you can't even ID as a cop or not would put you in serious legal trouble. Do you consider pointing a gun at a cop defending yourself? Do you think you'll be successful in defending yourself from them?

I didn't want to shoot anyone,and seeing a dark unidentifiable person lurking around our house late at night,we live out in the sticks alone warrants a armed what the fuck are you doing response on my part.I learned just as I was going ou the door that they were cops, 5 of them,I would have been shot just sticking my self and gun out the door. I coud have been dead for doing what any senable person would do.Their mistake Iam dead. As it turned out they had been sent a goose chase by some 15 year old kid,and how they decided our house was never really explained well. They were rather dim county sheriffs,so not very surprising,and no defending myself would have been rather hard.

Had a very similar thing happen to us,only it was late at night,and after hearing the dog start carrying on like mad I looked ut the living room window,just in time to see a dark figure sneaking around the back of the house,I was a breath away from sticking my 870 out the back door,when another cop knocked on the door,wrong house by about a 1000 miles,and garentied they would have shot me if I challenged them,they were indignant and basically assholes about the whole thing,my dog was also lucky to have survived,at what point do you have the right to defend your self,cops or not.

In most states you have to be physically in jeopardy. Shooting someone you can't even ID as a cop or not would put you in serious legal trouble. Do you consider pointing a gun at a cop defending yourself? Do you think you'll be successful in defending yourself from them?

I didn't want to shoot anyone,and seeing a dark unidentifiable person lurking around our house late at night,we live out in the sticks alone warrants a armed what the fuck are you doing response on my part.I learned just as I was going ou the door that they were cops, 5 of them,I would have been shot just sticking my self and gun out the door. I coud have been dead for doing what any senable person would do.Their mistake Iam dead. As it turned out they had been sent a goose chase by some 15 year old kid,and how they decided our house was never really explained well. They were rather dim county sheriffs,so not very surprising,and no defending myself would have been rather hard.

Wow.

I thought my dumb cop story was bad.

This is pretty scary.

Anyways..my dumb cop story:

When I was a kid living with my mom, some guy on the fire escape was drunk and was trying to kick his way through our window. We called the cops, and surprisingly, they got there pretty fast. They came up..and nabbed the guy on the fire escape. They asked him what he was doing and he said he was trying to stop a n****r that was on the fire escape. Well both cops left to chase the phantom, leaving the nut with us. Luckily he must of sobered up some..because he left.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but sensible people don't answer the door with a gun in their hands when someone knocks on the door.

I lived out in the sticks for about 18 years too.

I asked my friend, a defense lawyer, a hypothetical about the best defense for shooting someone on your property but not your house. His response was: "Drag the body inside".

All you "self defense" people who think you can blast anyone on your property for simply being on your property are knuckleheads.

You don't love your cat that much, then.

Let's take the cops out of the scenario. Say some murderer is on the run and he breaks into your house to hide. Your cat hisses at him and he pulls out a gun to shoot your cat.

You wouldn't shoot that MF to save your cat's life?

You're just saying you love your cat then, but you don't really.

Some humans are scum, in case you hadn't noticed. And some animals are heroes, caregivers, companions, life-changers. Humans aren't more valuable just because they're humans.

You have no idea about how much I care about my cat asswipe.

You can't take the cops out of the story, they were an integral part of this OP. There wasn't a gun pointed at the dog. It was a taser idiot. Some people are scum. Thanks for pointing out your status. People are more important than animals. I think I proved that to you with my example. You got called on stupid deal with it.

You proved that people are more important than animals? All the time? I hardly think so.

Wow, you call me scum just because I disagree with you? Jeez, I was thinking of serial killers and child molesters, that sort of thing. But apparently we have to add a new category of scum...anyone who disagrees with saveliberty.

You never answered the question about whether you would save you cat from the murderer. I guess you wouldn't? Or what? How about an answer.

You really fly off the handle easily, do you know that?

Last edited:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but sensible people don't answer the door with a gun in their hands when someone knocks on the door.

I asked my friend, a defense lawyer, a hypothetical about the best defense for shooting someone on your property but not your house. His response was: "Drag the body inside".

All you "self defense" people who think you can blast anyone on your property for simply being on your property are knuckleheads.

In Texas you can shoot someone simply for being on your neighbor's property.

Seriously?

Police is governed by government policies. This police officer looks like Obama supporter who cannot think properly.

Since Obama become president, many innocent dogs have been shot dead by police officers for no reason at all. So this was waiting to happen.

Hey Libs! Do you want the new guy? We don't.

Nope. You get the new asshole.

On topic, I hope this fucking cop-killing bastard is sent up the river for a long time. I am sick of people equating animal life with human life.

Yeah, I said it. If you think a dog's life is equal in value to a human's, you are a fucking idiot.

Amen to that.
Sure, people love their animals....but human life comes first, before any animal.

You don't love your cat that much, then.

Let's take the cops out of the scenario. Say some murderer is on the run and he breaks into your house to hide. Your cat hisses at him and he pulls out a gun to shoot your cat.

You wouldn't shoot that MF to save your cat's life?

You're just saying you love your cat then, but you don't really.

Some humans are scum, in case you hadn't noticed. And some animals are heroes, caregivers, companions, life-changers. Humans aren't more valuable just because they're humans.

You have no idea about how much I care about my cat asswipe.

You can't take the cops out of the story, they were an integral part of this OP. There wasn't a gun pointed at the dog. It was a taser idiot. Some people are scum. Thanks for pointing out your status. People are more important than animals. I think I proved that to you with my example. You got called on stupid deal with it.

You proved that people are more important than animals? All the time? I hardly think so.

Wow, you call me scum just because I disagree with you? Jeez, I was thinking of serial killers and child molesters, that sort of thing. But apparently we have to add a new category of scum...anyone who disagrees with saveliberty.

You never answered the question about whether you would save you cat from the murderer. I guess you wouldn't? Or what? How about an answer.

You really fly off the handle easily, do you know that?

Only with scum buckets. No anwer for you, because you don't matter.

Seriously?

You don't remember the story about the guy who shot two would-be burglars trying to break into his neighbor's house? This after he called 911 and they told him to stay away and let the police handle it. IIRC, he wasn't charged with any crime.

99% of the time I am on the side of law enforcement...

But this time it's not so cut an dried.

Once the homeowner/legal resident asked if the LEO had a warrant and told the LEO he was not allowed on the property without a warrant, IMO the officer was from that point forward in the wrong.

You either have a 4th Amendment right or you don't.

When the Chief then said "Shoot the dogs"...the dogs that had every right to be there while the police did not...that only inflamed the situation.

The LEO's should have gotten a warrant...if they didn't have enough evidence to secure a warrant, then they had no right being there.

Had the Chief said "Taze the dogs" instead of shoot the dogs, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

All that being said, killing the police officer is inexcusable.

The life of a person is not equal to the life of a canine.

But, don't be surprised if this guy gets off...because if I, Mr. law and order all the way, am questioning the actions of the officers involved, you can bet many of the members of the jury pool are as well.

Seriously?

You don't remember the story about the guy who shot two would-be burglars trying to break into his neighbor's house? This after he called 911 and they told him to stay away and let the police handle it. IIRC, he wasn't charged with any crime.

No, but I guess it doesn't surprise me. I suspect it would have been different if they weren't in the process of breaking the law.

I can't believe people who insist that a human's life always comes before a dog's life.

You're the same people who are always saying pedophiles should be executed.

But if you had to make a choice between the life of your dog and the life of some pedophile you caught raping a four-year-old girl, you'd choose the pedophile to live instead of your faithful dog? Fuck that.

What about the life of a war dog, who has been overseas saving the lives of Marines by sniffing out bombs? You think that dog's life is worth less than some serial killer's just because the serial killer is a human?

Come on, people. That makes no sense at all. In fact, that's one of the most arrogant things I've ever heard.

I know one thing, every one of my dogs is worth more to me than some homeless wretch I see stumbling around drunk with diarrhea running down their pants leg. That's for damn sure.

Last edited:
Here in Anchorage there was a case several years ago where one man had attacked and was viciously stabbing another man on a downtown street. He had the man down on the ground and was stabbing him.

No one was doing anything (they were afraid...the guy was crazed), but one passer-by went to his truck and got a shotgun, came back and shot the attacker dead.

He was never charged with a damn thing. Nor should he have been. He was awesome.

He probably didn't feel too awesome. No joy in ending a human life, just consolation in saving another human life. Btw, I have been at the death of my best cat, a dog of the ex-wife and one of the kid's cats too. The dog and cat had to be put down during their vacations. I was given the choice of just turning htem over to the vet or staying with them. Thought they deserved to be with someone they knew at the end each time. Imagine that, they were animals. Screw you Kooshdakhaa.

Once the homeowner/legal resident asked if the LEO had a warrant and told the LEO he was not allowed on the property without a warrant, IMO the officer was from that point forward in the wrong.

When the Chief then said "Shoot the dogs"...the dogs that had every right to be there while the police did not...that only inflamed the situation.

The LEO's should have gotten a warrant...if they didn't have enough evidence to secure a warrant, then they had no right being there.

Had the Chief said "Taze the dogs" instead of shoot the dogs, we probably wouldn't be having this discussion.

But, don't be surprised if this guy gets off...because if I, Mr. law and order all the way, am questioning the actions of the officers involved, you can bet many of the members of the jury pool are as well.

I doubt it's SOP to secure a warrant before responding to a domestic disturbance call.

But to your point, if the man did not appear to be a danger to himself or anyone else (in the LEO's best judgement), then he should have vacated the premises upon the owner's request.

I doubt it's SOP to secure a warrant before responding to a domestic disturbance call.

But to your point, if the man did not appear to be a danger to himself or anyone else (in the LEO's best judgement), then he should have vacated the premises upon the owner's request.

The disturbance was between the shooter and a neighbor.

The neighbor stopped the shooter to complain that he was driving too fast.

The shooter told the neighbor to sod off and, according to the neighbor, threatened him.

It was the neighbors word against the shooters.

The shooter was in his own house where the neighbor was not present.

Forum List

Back