Police Officer Shot Dead After Pointing Stun Gun at Dogs

He probably didn't feel too awesome. No joy in ending a human life, just consolation in saving another human life. Btw, I have been at the death of my best cat, a dog of the ex-wife and one of the kid's cats too. The dog and cat had to be put down during their vacations. I was given the choice of just turning htem over to the vet or staying with them. Thought they deserved to be with someone they knew at the end each time. Imagine that, they were animals. Screw you Kooshdakhaa.

Yeah, but if some pedophile, serial killer, torturer, rapist person broke into you house and was going to shoot your cat, would you shoot that person to save your cat? THAT is the question.

For me, the answer is easy. Of course, I'd shoot the bastard. Why not?

Last edited:
He probably didn't feel too awesome. No joy in ending a human life, just consolation in saving another human life. Btw, I have been at the death of my best cat, a dog of the ex-wife and one of the kid's cats too. The dog and cat had to be put down during their vacations. I was given the choice of just turning htem over to the vet or staying with them. Thought they deserved to be with someone they knew at the end each time. Imagine that, they were animals. Screw you Kooshdakhaa.

Yeah, but if some pedophile, serial killer, torturer, rapist person broke into you house and was going to shoot your cat, would you shoot that person to save your cat? THAT is the question.

Most likely you would not know the person at all, let alone the things you describe. Interesting you think the person would be more worried about my cat than me. Do you think these things out or just babble incoherently?

Most likely you would not know the person at all, let alone the things you describe. Interesting you think the person would be more worried about my cat than me. Do you think these things out or just babble incoherently?

Why do you refuse to just answer the question. You're supposed to assume the circumstances are as I state.

It's called a HYPOTHETICAL situation.

In most states you have to be physically in jeopardy. Shooting someone you can't even ID as a cop or not would put you in serious legal trouble. Do you consider pointing a gun at a cop defending yourself? Do you think you'll be successful in defending yourself from them?

I didn't want to shoot anyone,and seeing a dark unidentifiable person lurking around our house late at night,we live out in the sticks alone warrants a armed what the fuck are you doing response on my part.I learned just as I was going ou the door that they were cops, 5 of them,I would have been shot just sticking my self and gun out the door. I coud have been dead for doing what any senable person would do.Their mistake Iam dead. As it turned out they had been sent a goose chase by some 15 year old kid,and how they decided our house was never really explained well. They were rather dim county sheriffs,so not very surprising,and no defending myself would have been rather hard.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but sensible people don't answer the door with a gun in their hands when someone knocks on the door.

I lived out in the sticks for about 18 years too.

I asked my friend, a defense lawyer, a hypothetical about the best defense for shooting someone on your property but not your house. His response was: "Drag the body inside".

All you "self defense" people who think you can blast anyone on your property for simply being on your property are knuckleheads.

You missed the part about me being at the back door,I wasn't answering a knock at front door,I was about to cut the guy off I saw cutting around the back corner of my house at 11 pm,what would you do what for them to break in?? I had every right to challeng an intruder late at night. You as a cop want to sneak around peoples house at night,they need to be certain they are at the right place,or tragic results can and do happen.

In most states you have to be physically in jeopardy. Shooting someone you can't even ID as a cop or not would put you in serious legal trouble. Do you consider pointing a gun at a cop defending yourself? Do you think you'll be successful in defending yourself from them?

I didn't want to shoot anyone,and seeing a dark unidentifiable person lurking around our house late at night,we live out in the sticks alone warrants a armed what the fuck are you doing response on my part.I learned just as I was going ou the door that they were cops, 5 of them,I would have been shot just sticking my self and gun out the door. I coud have been dead for doing what any senable person would do.Their mistake Iam dead. As it turned out they had been sent a goose chase by some 15 year old kid,and how they decided our house was never really explained well. They were rather dim county sheriffs,so not very surprising,and no defending myself would have been rather hard.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but sensible people don't answer the door with a gun in their hands when someone knocks on the door.

I lived out in the sticks for about 18 years too.

I asked my friend, a defense lawyer, a hypothetical about the best defense for shooting someone on your property but not your house. His response was: "Drag the body inside".

All you "self defense" people who think you can blast anyone on your property for simply being on your property are knuckleheads.

That was an accurate assessment this lime last year...but the new regulations became law 8/28/2010.

HB1692 expanded the Missouri Castle Doctrine Law to include all private property, owned or leased, expanded from dwellings/residence.
(5) Specifies that an individual who owns or leases private property may use deadly force against a person who unlawfully enters, remains after unlawfully entering, or attempts to unlawfully enter the property. The owner or lessor of the private property does not have a duty to retreat from the property (Sections 563.011 and 563.031);
Missouri House of Representatives

Go all the way to the bottom of the document, then scroll up 3 paragraphs to section 5.

Signed into law by Gov. Jay Nixon, 7/12/2010.

Last edited:
Dangerous business busting in people's doors.

Not more dangerous than driving cab though.

Forum List

Back