Pocahontas: We Need Big Government! 'Nobody In America Succeeds On Their Own'

Are you advocating that our workforce should work for pennies?

No, simply stating the fact that we priced ourselves out of the world market. Remember the more money people make, the more it costs to buy things. So when we make more money, we increase the cost of living.

You don't have to compare years for this, you can find it right here in the US. There are places where you get more for your money than other places--mostly blue states.

I like to watch HGTV. I'm amazed at the house prices in some of these liberal states. What you can buy here for around 250K is comparable to what you can buy for 900K in other places. For 900K, you're lucky to have a home with a garage and a backyard more than 70 feet. Look at what you can buy in a place like Montana for 900K. It's virtually a sky lodge.

Bottom line is if we made less money and stayed closer to what people make in other countries, we wouldn't be living with that much less because everything we buy would be cheaper.
What drives the price of homes in blue states vs red is supply and demand

There is not a huge market for those isolated homes in red states

No, it's the cost because Democrats have given strong support to unions and high taxation. Now you might be able to say that about California where the weather is a real draw, but you can't say that about the northeast states. The only global warming they experience is in the summer time.

There are exceptions like New York city perhaps, but I had a tenant move here from Buffalo. He told me he would be paying three times the rent I was charging him if my places were in his state, and especially anywhere near New York city. He was a very young guy who came here to go to school. He was astonished at our prices for gasoline, food, alcohol and cigarettes.
I grew up near NYC

The homes cost a lot because the jobs pay so well

Isn't it a little of both? Cities charge high rent and taxes because they assume you can afford it, and the property is in high demand because of the jobs.

Partly correct. When the cost of living is up, so are taxes. Most landlords pay the property tax, so we have to charge higher rents for our rental units. Same holds true when we need to hire professionals for a job such as plumbing or electrical. They make much more over there so that dips into their rental income and they need to pass the costs.

Not what I was getting at.

Throughout the years, we have become more distant in wages compared to the rest of the world, and Democrats supported the unions that were responsible.

When our wages went up one dollar, it went up two cents in China and India. When our wages went up another dollar, the same thing happened.

Eventually we priced ourselves out of the world market. Now it's cheaper for some companies to have products made elsewhere and shipped here. Government taxation and regulations were certainly no help either.
Are you advocating that our workforce should work for pennies?

No, simply stating the fact that we priced ourselves out of the world market. Remember the more money people make, the more it costs to buy things. So when we make more money, we increase the cost of living.

You don't have to compare years for this, you can find it right here in the US. There are places where you get more for your money than other places--mostly blue states.

I like to watch HGTV. I'm amazed at the house prices in some of these liberal states. What you can buy here for around 250K is comparable to what you can buy for 900K in other places. For 900K, you're lucky to have a home with a garage and a backyard more than 70 feet. Look at what you can buy in a place like Montana for 900K. It's virtually a sky lodge.

Bottom line is if we made less money and stayed closer to what people make in other countries, we wouldn't be living with that much less because everything we buy would be cheaper.
What drives the price of homes in blue states vs red is supply and demand

There is not a huge market for those isolated homes in red states

No, it's the cost because Democrats have given strong support to unions and high taxation. Now you might be able to say that about California where the weather is a real draw, but you can't say that about the northeast states. The only global warming they experience is in the summer time.

There are exceptions like New York city perhaps, but I had a tenant move here from Buffalo. He told me he would be paying three times the rent I was charging him if my places were in his state, and especially anywhere near New York city. He was a very young guy who came here to go to school. He was astonished at our prices for gasoline, food, alcohol and cigarettes.
I grew up near NYC

The homes cost a lot because the jobs pay so well

You didn't realize it, but you just supported my point.

Dimocrat?
Dead giveaway for dumb trumpie
Any idea why the con created fewer jobs in his fist 2 years than the uppity nixxer did in his last 2?
Knees news didn't tell you that?

First off, no President creates jobs, the private sector creates jobs. All any representative can do is make it more or less inviting for the private sector to accomplish this. And Remember that DumBama was the most anti-business President of our lifetime.

But the economy and job creation is like a video game. Levels 1, 2 and 3 are fairly easy, but it gets harder as the game moves on. When you get to the higher levels, the game gets nearly impossible to beat.

DumBama got in at level 1, and Trump got in at level 9.

There’s a debate whether jobs growth is continuing because of President Donald Trump or in spite of him. But what is clear is that the U.S. economy is adding jobs at a solid clip nearly a decade into what’s already the second-longest post-war economic expansion on record.

The Trump Scoreboard shows that 5.4 million new jobs have been created under the 45th president. That puts the jobs growth, on a median per-month basis, ahead of President Barack Obama’s, though still well behind President Bill Clinton’s.

Trump Scoreboard shows acceleration in jobs growth even with unemployment rate at new lows
The Great Obama was the most anti Business President in our lifetime?

Yet business managed to create 13 million jobs?
Lol
Generally Small business suffered greatly under Obama, Except...
gun-salesman-of-the-century-presented-by-fast-smith-wesson-ruger-22009320.png

:dance:
The dept of labor numbers I found show Obama created more jobs than trump, his last 2 years 210000 average, the cons first 2 years 200000.
2019 average thru April 175000.
I guess my daughter didn't read fewer jobs, she created a $150MM business during Obama.
Please look at the data, jobs piddling along, stock marker following Obama
Doesn't matter whose the Pres, if you have a few brains

First off, no President creates jobs, the private sector creates jobs. All any representative can do is make it more or less inviting for the private sector to accomplish this. And Remember that DumBama was the most anti-business President of our lifetime.

But the economy and job creation is like a video game. Levels 1, 2 and 3 are fairly easy, but it gets harder as the game moves on. When you get to the higher levels, the game gets nearly impossible to beat.

There’s a debate whether jobs growth is continuing because of President Donald Trump or in spite of him. But what is clear is that the U.S. economy is adding jobs at a solid clip nearly a decade into what’s already the second-longest post-war economic expansion on record.

The Trump Scoreboard shows that 5.4 million new jobs have been created under the 45th president. That puts the jobs growth, on a median per-month basis, ahead of President Barack Obama’s, though still well behind President Bill Clinton’s.

Trump Scoreboard shows acceleration in jobs growth even with unemployment rate at new lows

More like under 9 million which is a little over one million a year. Plus the economy was sluggish since most of them were minimum wage or part-time jobs.

Which President Created the Most Jobs?

The Great Obama came in with an economy LOSING 770,000 jobs a month. He handed Trump an economy GAINING 250,000 jobs a month

That is a million jobs a month better than he was given

You mean a year. But that still doesn't negate that DumBama was the most anti-business President in our lifetime. He's closed down businesses, burdened them with Commie Care and various other regulations, he increased their taxes.

The Federal Reserve initiated Quantitive Easing, and if anybody is to get credit for helping companies create jobs, it's them. Anything DumBama did for business was a negative.
You guys keep passing that lie even though economic indicators show the complete opposite.

13 million jobs added, unemployment dropped over five percent, saved the banks and auto sector, global trade agreements.
Obamacare did not affect jobs, in spite of Republican fear mongering

I wonder why knees news etc never mention the con created fewer average jobs than Obama.
The dept of labor jobs I read says
2015/16 average monthly, Obama, 210000
2017/18. Trump 200000
Average through April 2019 175000
Stock market, just following Obamas graph

Dimocrat?
Any idea why the con created fewer jobs in his fist 2 years than the uppity nixxer did in his last 2?

Lol

The dept of labor numbers I found show Obama created more jobs than trump, his last 2 years 210000 average, the cons first 2 years 200000.
I guess my daughter didn't read fewer jobs, she created a $150MM business during Obama.
Lol
The larger the civilian federal government, Extremely harmful to small business... fact

Dimocrat?

Lol

Lol
The larger the civilian federal government, Extremely harmful to small business... fact

Federal Government helps small business with loans, education and grants

Small Business Administration - Wikipedia

Lol

Lol

Lol
Best joke I’ve heard all day...
You obviously don’t understand small business

You didn't build that, you didn't earn that, you don't deserve that.

When they see inequity, the hardcore Left has always chosen to tear down the person on top rather than help the other bring themselves up.

Decrease standards and expectations, vilify the more successful, make them suspect.

It's all part of the way they see all relationships as Oppressed vs. Oppressor.

As standards continue to drop, we continue to inch closer to mediocrity, which appears to be the goal.

Lol

Lol

Lol
Then why do small businesses soak up all those US Government small business loans?

Lol

Lol

Lol
Then why do small businesses soak up all those US Government small business loans?
Lol
They are owned by the federal government if they are loaned money by the federal government.

Lol

Lol
Lol
They are owned by the federal government if they are loaned money by the federal government.
You really don’t understand the concept of a loan do you?

Lol

Lol
Lol
You really don’t understand the concept of a loan do you?
Lol
Proverbs 22:7 (NIV), “The rich rule over the poor, and the borrower is slave to the lender.”

She's got the same mindset as Barack 'You Didn't Build That' Obama, the non-natural born Citizen Constitutionally ineligible ex-president. Her presidential aspirations will fail.

Elizabeth Warren: ‘Nobody in America Succeeds on Their Own'
Shes correct. Nobody succeeds on their own.
And you think Government is responsible for success ?
Government provides the very framework in which you strive to succeed.
What framework ? The government doesn't produce anything.

Keep the gov out of my Medicare as the trumpie said
Enjoying your socialist VA Medicare SS?

Don't be ridiculous. That tax cut didn't put anyone back to work. It enabled companies to buy back their own stock and artificially (and temporarily) inflate their value so they could keep the shareholders happy and pad their own pockets
You are the only one that thinks that.....everyone else says the tax cuts have created the economic boom we are in and the low unemployment we are enjoying....
And if you just think about it you will see how silly your statement is...If I as a businessman have more money at the end of the month and plenty of business I would hire some help...and that is what is happening...also new start up businesses are cropping up daily by the hundreds....they all need employees....manufacturing is coming back as well...you know those jobs every dem and Obama said will never come back....Obama was wrong...he is an economic imbecile and so are you apparently....
Its not just the Trump tax cuts its also the Trump regulation cuts the Trump team has done....I guess its just too much good news for some libs to handle....
"Everyone else"
You mean knees news viewers?
Do you ever look at graphs?
Any idea why the con created fewer jobs in his first 2 years than Obama did in his last 2?
And what is the imbecile doing and what are you doing darlin?
Remember he inherited the biggest crash since the 20s, losing 750000 jobs a month?

Don't be ridiculous. That tax cut didn't put anyone back to work. It enabled companies to buy back their own stock and artificially (and temporarily) inflate their value so they could keep the shareholders happy and pad their own pockets
You are the only one that thinks that.....everyone else says the tax cuts have created the economic boom we are in and the low unemployment we are enjoying....
And if you just think about it you will see how silly your statement is...If I as a businessman have more money at the end of the month and plenty of business I would hire some help...and that is what is happening...also new start up businesses are cropping up daily by the hundreds....they all need employees....manufacturing is coming back as well...you know those jobs every dem and Obama said will never come back....Obama was wrong...he is an economic imbecile and so are you apparently....
Its not just the Trump tax cuts its also the Trump regulation cuts the Trump team has done....I guess its just too much good news for some libs to handle....

Boom?
Here's a link that shows its Obama continuation
Two Charts Show Trump's Job Gains Are Just A Continuation From Obama's Presidency
He actually hasn't "gained" over Obama at all.
Maybe a few thousand man jobs in the millions.
Hope it helps
Quit watching knees news "the more you watch the dumber you get"

She's got the same mindset as Barack 'You Didn't Build That' Obama, the non-natural born Citizen Constitutionally ineligible ex-president. Her presidential aspirations will fail.

Shes correct. Nobody succeeds on their own.
And you think Government is responsible for success ?
Government provides the very framework in which you strive to succeed.
What framework ? The government doesn't produce anything.

Keep the gov out of my Medicare as the trumpie said
Enjoying your socialist VA Medicare SS?
I don't enjoy it the entire system is fucked. That's the type health care you loons want for everyone.
The VA's troubled history - CNNPolitics

First, I do NOT agree with her at ALL AND I DESPISE big government...it is the root of trouble - not prosperity. Government should look after those who cannot look after themselves and then leave the rest of us the hell alone (outside of basic stuff like policing laws, military, etc.).
If you are mentally/physically healthy and cannot succeed without government handouts - then you don't deserve to succeed. Period.

Second, Breitbart? And this is from something she said 6-7 years ago. You could not have found another source for this?
You Trumpbots freak if a liberal uses CNN for a source...and you use Breitbart?

Breitbart makes Fox News look like Gandhi in terms of credibility. And you should at least state in the OP that it is from that long ago (though I doubt her position has changed much)....otherwise, it is somewhat misleading.

Just sayin'...

You may not like the source, but doesn't this fall in line with Democrat talking points? It's not like it's a real shock she made such statements.

Well...it's certainly inline with hers and many Democrats - yes.

Though I hesitate to say all of them...I still believe there are some loyal Dems who don't like MASSIVE government. After all, the last President that posted anywhere near a balanced budget was a Dem (Clinton).

Just as I still believe there are loyal Reps who think Trump is a clown.

Actually, I believe that American politics is not as divided as most seem to make it out to be. It's just that the extremists of both parties have risen up lately. But - like most bad things - this too shall pass.

I've never heard a Democrat in my lifetime who did not want unlimited government size and power. A small government Democrat would be an exotic animal indeed.

First, I do NOT agree with her at ALL AND I DESPISE big government...it is the root of trouble - not prosperity. Government should look after those who cannot look after themselves and then leave the rest of us the hell alone (outside of basic stuff like policing laws, military, etc.).
If you are mentally/physically healthy and cannot succeed without government handouts - then you don't deserve to succeed. Period.

Second, Breitbart? And this is from something she said 6-7 years ago. You could not have found another source for this?

Breitbart makes Fox News look like Gandhi in terms of credibility. And you should at least state in the OP that it is from that long ago (though I doubt her position has changed much)....otherwise, it is somewhat misleading.

Just sayin'...

You may not like the source, but doesn't this fall in line with Democrat talking points? It's not like it's a real shock she made such statements.

Though I hesitate to say all of them...I still believe there are some loyal Dems who don't like MASSIVE government. After all, the last President that posted anywhere near a balanced budget was a Dem (Clinton).

Actually, I believe that American politics is not as divided as most seem to make it out to be. It's just that the extremists of both parties have risen up lately. But - like most bad things - this too shall pass.

I've never heard a Democrat in my lifetime who did not want unlimited government size and power. A small government Democrat would be an exotic animal indeed.
Democrats want a right sized government

Just sayin'...

Democrats want a right sized government

Sure they do, like half of the population working for it.

Government workers are Democrat votes. Every Democrat politician knows that.

This statement is just as true written like this...A small government Repub would be an exotic animal indeed

Forum List

Back