Pocahontas: We Need Big Government! 'Nobody In America Succeeds On Their Own'

Lol
The only thing worse than nationalism is globalism…

:21::21::21::21:

poor little backwoods hick. So confused.

International trade is not globalism, it is capitalism at its finest.

Why would any real capitalist restrict the number of potential customers?

She's got the same mindset as Barack 'You Didn't Build That' Obama, the non-natural born Citizen Constitutionally ineligible ex-president. Her presidential aspirations will fail.

Elizabeth Warren: ‘Nobody in America Succeeds on Their Own'

First, I do NOT agree with her at ALL AND I DESPISE big government...it is the root of trouble - not prosperity. Government should look after those who cannot look after themselves and then leave the rest of us the hell alone (outside of basic stuff like policing laws, military, etc.).
If you are mentally/physically healthy and cannot succeed without government handouts - then you don't deserve to succeed. Period.

Second, Breitbart? And this is from something she said 6-7 years ago. You could not have found another source for this?
You Trumpbots freak if a liberal uses CNN for a source...and you use Breitbart?

Breitbart makes Fox News look like Gandhi in terms of credibility. And you should at least state in the OP that it is from that long ago (though I doubt her position has changed much)....otherwise, it is somewhat misleading.

Just sayin'...

You may not like the source, but doesn't this fall in line with Democrat talking points? It's not like it's a real shock she made such statements.

Well...it's certainly inline with hers and many Democrats - yes.

Though I hesitate to say all of them...I still believe there are some loyal Dems who don't like MASSIVE government. After all, the last President that posted anywhere near a balanced budget was a Dem (Clinton).

Just as I still believe there are loyal Reps who think Trump is a clown.

Actually, I believe that American politics is not as divided as most seem to make it out to be. It's just that the extremists of both parties have risen up lately. But - like most bad things - this too shall pass.

There is nothing you can do about that. The extremists are taking over. The only real solution is to divide this country in half and have two separate countries. Then most everybody would be happy.

Don't give Clinton too much credit. Remember who has the purse strings and in the first time in over 40 years, took leadership of the House.

LMAO What a lying statement.

Loads of people do quite well without a Big Government.

No one needs Government to succeed.
You drive on the roads? Your car safe to use? Clean water to your kitchen sink? Safe medicines when you get sick? Secure financial institutions to hold your money?

How much h do I need to list?

You are confused Moon Bat.

Nobody would deny that there are a few necessary government functions. Defense, courts, roads etc.

However that is much different than filthy out of control bloated debt ridden big government that idiot Moon Bats like Warren demands.

I can support paying a tax on fuel to help build and maintain roads. What is absolutely unnecessary is the filthy welfare state and all the other worthless shit you get with big government.
Every developed country in the world has a social welfare net. Without it crime rates soar.

With it, laziness and irresponsibility soar.
Not really soar, but yes there are a few folks who will game the system. Would you rather have folks starving in the streets and actually high crime rates instead of rhetorically high crime rates?

Those roads and bridges were not built out of the generosity of private companies

Nor out of the generosity of government either. When a new business wants to open up in a city or state, the funding used to create those roads and bridges is an investment. The new establishment will likely provide decades of new taxes. Therefore the city or state not only gets their money back, but at a profit as well.
Those businesses do not function without Government constructed ports, roads, bridges, water, sewers....

Like the Great Obama said......you did not build that

And where did the government get that money to build those things? They didn't do it out of the goodness of their heart. Again, they did it as an investment.
Gee...that is a tough one

The Government represents We the People and is funded by We the People

We the People paid for those roads, bridges and infrastructure that business profits from.......Business has an obligation to contribute to them

Then why are the big successful companies only headquartered in countries with big strong governments? Why don't they locate their companies in low tax backwaters? Because the government provides them with infrastructure, an educated work force, patent protections, courts, and an army to prevent theft of their property, including intellectual property.

The USA is currently losing out on investment because of the poor quality of your infrastructure, and the high cost of employee health insurance, and low education standards.

Only an idiot thinks thinks they succeed on their own.
Lol
You do realize the federal government would be nonexistent without the private sector...
How so?

She's got the same mindset as Barack 'You Didn't Build That' Obama, the non-natural born Citizen Constitutionally ineligible ex-president. Her presidential aspirations will fail.

First, I do NOT agree with her at ALL AND I DESPISE big government...it is the root of trouble - not prosperity. Government should look after those who cannot look after themselves and then leave the rest of us the hell alone (outside of basic stuff like policing laws, military, etc.).
If you are mentally/physically healthy and cannot succeed without government handouts - then you don't deserve to succeed. Period.

Second, Breitbart? And this is from something she said 6-7 years ago. You could not have found another source for this?

Breitbart makes Fox News look like Gandhi in terms of credibility. And you should at least state in the OP that it is from that long ago (though I doubt her position has changed much)....otherwise, it is somewhat misleading.

Just sayin'...

You may not like the source, but doesn't this fall in line with Democrat talking points? It's not like it's a real shock she made such statements.

Though I hesitate to say all of them...I still believe there are some loyal Dems who don't like MASSIVE government. After all, the last President that posted anywhere near a balanced budget was a Dem (Clinton).

Actually, I believe that American politics is not as divided as most seem to make it out to be. It's just that the extremists of both parties have risen up lately. But - like most bad things - this too shall pass.

There is nothing you can do about that. The extremists are taking over. The only real solution is to divide this country in half and have two separate countries. Then most everybody would be happy.

Don't give Clinton too much credit. Remember who has the purse strings and in the first time in over 40 years, took leadership of the House.
The same ones that passed chain migration and refugee laws that have made us the overstuffed destination of all those in the world that need free stuff..

Just sayin'...

The same ones that passed chain migration and refugee laws that have made us the overstuffed destination of all those in the world that need free stuff..

Republicans did that?

Then why are the big successful companies only headquartered in countries with big strong governments? Why don't they locate their companies in low tax backwaters? Because the government provides them with infrastructure, an educated work force, patent protections, courts, and an army to prevent theft of their property, including intellectual property.

The USA is currently losing out on investment because of the poor quality of your infrastructure, and the high cost of employee health insurance, and low education standards.

Lol
You do realize the federal government would be nonexistent without the private sector...
How so?
Lol
The federal government owns nothing...

Lol
How so?
Lol
Almost half the land in the US on behalf of We the People

568c2cf6e6183e1c008b7055-750-563.png

Lol
How so?
Lol
Only half the land in the US on behalf of We the People
Like a said the federal government owns nothing

Those roads and bridges were not built out of the generosity of private companies

Nor out of the generosity of government either. When a new business wants to open up in a city or state, the funding used to create those roads and bridges is an investment. The new establishment will likely provide decades of new taxes. Therefore the city or state not only gets their money back, but at a profit as well.
Those businesses do not function without Government constructed ports, roads, bridges, water, sewers....

Like the Great Obama said......you did not build that

And where did the government get that money to build those things? They didn't do it out of the goodness of their heart. Again, they did it as an investment.
Gee...that is a tough one

The Government represents We the People and is funded by We the People

We the People paid for those roads, bridges and infrastructure that business profits from.......Business has an obligation to contribute to them

No, indirectly, businesses pay for all their own roads plus more. That's why government is so accommodating.

Here, we pay two city taxes: one where we live, and another where we work. I'm sure a lot of places are like that. But in any case, good paying jobs attract people to the area not only to work, but to live as well. I've seen that first hand here on several occasions.

Say for instance you own several acres somewhere, and a developer wants to build a mall on your property. Sure, you paid property tax, but now it's an investment where you're making millions a year. So you have to pay tax on that money you made in that city. Same goes with the businesses and employees that work in that mall on your property.

We had much better economic growth and became the economic powerhouse of the world when our government was much smaller.
After WWII when we were the only manufacturing economy left, yeah, we were great. Europe has rebuilt and China has come into the 21st century. It isn't so much about the government as it is about competition.

But isn't it government that's responsible for us being less competitive than we were years ago?

The cost of HEALTH CARE, and a system that forces employers to fund the health care system, is making you less competitive

We had much better economic growth and became the economic powerhouse of the world when our government was much smaller.
only a few percentage points smaller, not much smaller:
us-government-size-spending-percentage-gdp-by-president.jpg
The federal government fucks everything up it touches
Before the feds took measure to prevent economic depressions, we had them in 1819, 1837, 1857, 1873, 1893, 1907 and 1929.

Before public health programs, we had polio, cholera, and smallpox. These are now effectively eliminated. Also reduced by 95% chance of getting hepatitis B, measles, mumps, tetanus, rubella, and diphtheria.

The interstate highway system.
Federal deposit insurance.
Social security, medicare have worked dispite republicans try to gut them.

GI Bill, etc.

Forum List

Back