Pocahontas: We Need Big Government! 'Nobody In America Succeeds On Their Own'

Libertarians also believe we should never be involved in war unless the enemy is approaching our shores. Libertarians also believe in the decriminalization of all recreational narcotics, including the ones that are now killing over 70,000 Americans a year.

yeah...have no problem with either of those things. Evolution always finds a way to weed out the weak of the pack

LMAO What a lying statement.

Loads of people do quite well without a Big Government.

No one needs Government to succeed.
You drive on the roads? Your car safe to use? Clean water to your kitchen sink? Safe medicines when you get sick? Secure financial institutions to hold your money?

How much h do I need to list?

THIS old song and dance. "Government has taken all of THIS stuff over, therefore none of it would exist without government!"
Interesting

Can you give an example?

I think the OP is a perfect example. Why do liberals want to take God out of society? Because if they can, people would look to government as the highest power.

Same thing here. You didn't build that. You can't do anything on your own without our help--the Democrats. You can credit government for any success you have in life, and therefore, are dependent upon us.

Libertarians also believe we should never be involved in war unless the enemy is approaching our shores. Libertarians also believe in the decriminalization of all recreational narcotics, including the ones that are now killing over 70,000 Americans a year.

yeah...have no problem with either of those things. Evolution always finds a way to weed out the weak of the pack

Yeah, until you find out in a phone call one of your sons or daughters were weak. Addiction can happen to anybody. There is no criteria when it comes to addiction.

You may not like the source, but doesn't this fall in line with Democrat talking points? It's not like it's a real shock she made such statements.

Well...it's certainly inline with hers and many Democrats - yes.

Though I hesitate to say all of them...I still believe there are some loyal Dems who don't like MASSIVE government. After all, the last President that posted anywhere near a balanced budget was a Dem (Clinton).

Just as I still believe there are loyal Reps who think Trump is a clown.

Actually, I believe that American politics is not as divided as most seem to make it out to be. It's just that the extremists of both parties have risen up lately. But - like most bad things - this too shall pass.

I've never heard a Democrat in my lifetime who did not want unlimited government size and power. A small government Democrat would be an exotic animal indeed.
Democrats want a right sized government

Sure they do, like half of the population working for it.

Government workers are Democrat votes. Every Democrat politician knows that.
Right sized government as determined by We the People

It works like this.......candidates run for office and propose new programs to help the people. If the people agree, he is elected
If they oppose, he is not

Right sized government

Not quite. Democrats run on what's good for their people, and screw everybody else. The trick is to get enough of their people to the polls to vote for them. If they can do that, they take from others to give to them.

Lesser of two evils. I'd love a truly conservative party, but there isn't one. I'd rather have a military than a massive welfare state.

There is a fiscal conservative party, the Libertarian Party.

A vote for Libertarians just helps elect Democrats. I don't want the fast track to Cuba and Venezuela.

That is what the duopoly has brainwashed you people into believing. The funny part is that the Dems say a vote for Libertarians just helps elect Repubs.
Can’t distinguish Libertarians from Republicans

It is very easy. Libertarians want smaller government and more personal freedoms.

Republicans want neither of those things

Libertarians do not care who you want to have sex with, what you want to put into your body, or what religion you are.

Republicans want to control all those things.
Libertarians look out for themselves and screw everyone else

Well...it's certainly inline with hers and many Democrats - yes.

Though I hesitate to say all of them...I still believe there are some loyal Dems who don't like MASSIVE government. After all, the last President that posted anywhere near a balanced budget was a Dem (Clinton).

Just as I still believe there are loyal Reps who think Trump is a clown.

Actually, I believe that American politics is not as divided as most seem to make it out to be. It's just that the extremists of both parties have risen up lately. But - like most bad things - this too shall pass.

I've never heard a Democrat in my lifetime who did not want unlimited government size and power. A small government Democrat would be an exotic animal indeed.

It works like this.......candidates run for office and propose new programs to help the people. If the people agree, he is elected

Right sized government

Not quite. Democrats run on what's good for their people, and screw everybody else. The trick is to get enough of their people to the polls to vote for them. If they can do that, they take from others to give to them.

Not quite

If programs proposed by Democrats are supported by We the People, then that is the right sized government

Obamacare is right sized government
So is Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, Farm subsidies and subsidies to big Pharm and big Oil

You drive on the roads? Your car safe to use? Clean water to your kitchen sink? Safe medicines when you get sick? Secure financial institutions to hold your money?

THIS old song and dance. "Government has taken all of THIS stuff over, therefore none of it would exist without government!"
Interesting

Can you give an example?

I think the OP is a perfect example. Why do liberals want to take God out of society? Because if they can, people would look to government as the highest power.

Same thing here. You didn't build that. You can't do anything on your own without our help--the Democrats. You can credit government for any success you have in life, and therefore, are dependent upon us.
Ok, set up.shop in a field with no roads running to it, no electricity, no internet, no running water, and so on.

Unless you're breeding cattle you ain't gonna get far.

Interesting

Can you give an example?

Ok, set up.shop in a field with no roads running to it, no electricity, no internet, no running water, and so on.

Add an educated workforce, legal protections, police and fire protection, patent and intellectual property protections

Interesting

Can you give an example?

Add an educated workforce, legal protections, police and fire protection, patent and intellectual property protections
It's a huge list for sure.

Interesting

Can you give an example?

It's a huge list for sure.
Don’t get me started on how the military helps corporate America

So what limits would you place on government power?

Perform the will of the people

LOL - so none?

Would you place any limits on the "will of the people"? Also, I assume you're just talking about the will of the majority, right? And the rest can get fucked?
Not all programs help everyone equally

Farm subsidies help protect farmers but do nothing for me

Am I being fucked?

LOL - so none?

Would you place any limits on the "will of the people"? Also, I assume you're just talking about the will of the majority, right? And the rest can get fucked?

Am I being fucked?

Would you place any limits on the will of the majority?

LOL - so none?

Am I being fucked?

I wouldn’t
It is Why we have a court system

LOL - so none?

Am I being fucked?

I wouldn’t
It is Why we have a court system

Playin' dodgem tonight? Ok, I'll play - what limits should the court system place on government? Any?

Interesting

Can you give an example?

Try building those roads without industry to fund them.

Why do you suppose cities and states build roads for new or expanding businesses, out of the goodness of their hearts? No, it's because building those roads are an investment. The government will not only get their money back, but at a profit as well.

Right sized government

Not quite

If programs proposed by Democrats are supported by We the People, then that is the right sized government

Obamacare is right sized government
So is Social Security, Medicare, Welfare, Farm subsidies and subsidies to big Pharm and big Oil

So when Republicans cut government like Commie Care, that's the right sized government as well?

The "right sized" government has already been determined; hundreds of years ago. It's contained within our US Constitution.

ROFLMFAO ROFLMFAO ROFLMFAO

Roads.....

Californians Deserve Better Roads
Anyone who bikes, walks, or drives in California
knows that our roads are in crisis.
Our state is home to the second-worst streets in America,
with an estimated $78 billion in repairs needed to bring them up to date.

California Lacks Adequate Funding To Fix Crumbling Roads

Michigan’s roads are crumbling.

That hasn’t been disputed in published reports
that have appeared every year going back nearly 30 years.

Since at least 1991, there has not been a time
when Michigan newspapers haven’t reported about
the poor condition of the state’s roads.

The Roads Are Crumbling And Have Always Been Crumbling

America’s infrastructure is crumbling, possibly at a faster rate
than federal, state and local governments can repair it.

More than $2 trillion is needed
to repair 4 million miles of road in the U.S.,
according to the American Society of Civil Engineers.

America's Roads Are Crumbling And Packed With Cars- Forbes

Illinois roads and bridges are in major disrepair

Earlier this year, a report spearheaded
by the American Society of Civil Engineers
gave Illinois a C- for the overall quality of its infrastructure.

Groups like the Transportation for Illinois Coalition,
say if no significant investment is made
in the state's transportation funding,
almost 40 percent of roads and 20 percent of bridges
will be an unacceptable condition in less than four years.

Tackling Illinois' Crumbling Roads And Bridges

How many more states do I need to list?

Is YOUR car safe to use?

I don't own a car but, maybe you'd like to browse through
the 25 pages of safety defects and non compliance notices
for the month of April, 2019

Safety Defects/Non Compliance Notices

How many more months should I list/link to?

Clean water to your kitchen sink?

A new report by the non-profit Environmental Working Group and Northeastern University finds people in nearly every state in the country are exposed to unhealthy drinking water.
According to the researchers, 43 states have locations,
including drinking water sites, contaminated with PFAS chemicals
. The CDC says these chemicals have been linked to health issues that include birth defects, cancers and infertility.

The study compiled information taken from Pentagon data and water utility reports. It shows an estimated 19 million people are exposed to contaminated water. Researchers found at least 610 contaminated locations ranging from public water systems and military bases to civilian airports, industrial plants, dumps and firefighter training sites.

New Study Claims 43 States Expose Millions
To Dangerous Chemical In Drinking Water
- published 6 days ago

Flint, Michigan ring a bell?

And, in regards to your last 2 'examples'....
'safe medicine when you are sick'
and 'secure financial institutions to hold your money'

.... I refuse to address the absurdity

Nice to see you're making a special effort tonight
to showcase your idiocy

Forum List

Back