Please Post Reasons Why You Want Obama to Raise Taxes Here. Thanks!

Simple reason

Bush cut taxes while we were at war. Those tax cuts and unnecessary war costs led to a $5 trillion deficit.

Moving back to where we were before Bush cut taxes on his buddies will relieve the need to deficit spend

Now if we can only pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan we could spend money where it is needed instead of on puppet republics

$5 Trillion sure looks good about right now! What's the current number? 13 Trillion? So Obama practically tripled the debt in 18 months? YES WE CAN!! YES WE CAN!!! (Break the bank!)

And, your guarantee that if we stop killing Islamo-Fascists in their country they won't come to ours? Oh? jack and shit? I thought so.

Thanks for the offer, but I prefer to ravage their country rather than them ravaging ours.

Your unbelievably ignorant, narcissistic and arrogant post brings to mind the wisdom of Oscar Wilde: 'Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.'

People are not failing because of a lack of motivation, it is because of a lack of JOBS. What you have just done is justify their extinction in YOUR mind...

That is how you opted to take it.

When I was fired years ago, I blamed everyone but myself. I blamed my employer, my co-workers, my clients. Heck, I blamed my parents, my educators, my years in the military.

We were in a recession and I was a victim.

So I sat down and contemplated how I would survive.

And I started my own business without a dime to work with. It was hard work and a major sacrifice. It was a struggle. But it worked.

And I know many that are doing the exact smae thing right now.

And I know just as many that are sitting around waiting for things to happen and wondering why things are not happening.

Or...you could take my post the way you took it all in an effort to discredit me.

I don't have to discredit you, you did that all by yourself. I don't have any problem with you defining your own happiness. BUT, when you have the audacity to define happiness for OTHERS, all you are doing is dismissing them, because they do not meet YOUR criteria.

You chose to rad my post in that light. I never said I should define their happiness.

To the contrary, I feel that you and those that think like you have defined their destiny.

I believe poeple have the ability to rise above when they need to. We have seen it in our history.

However, when we make it easy for ourselves, we tend to sit around and wait for things to happen.

I believe people are proactive.

Simple reason

Bush cut taxes while we were at war. Those tax cuts and unnecessary war costs led to a $5 trillion deficit.

Moving back to where we were before Bush cut taxes on his buddies will relieve the need to deficit spend

Now if we can only pull out of Iraq and Afghanistan we could spend money where it is needed instead of on puppet republics

$5 Trillion sure looks good about right now! What's the current number? 13 Trillion? So Obama practically tripled the debt in 18 months? YES WE CAN!! YES WE CAN!!! (Break the bank!)

And, your guarantee that if we stop killing Islamo-Fascists in their country they won't come to ours? Oh? jack and shit? I thought so.

Thanks for the offer, but I prefer to ravage their country rather than them ravaging ours.

Good point

The Obama deficit also includes the contribution of the Bush Tax cuts and two wars

If we can eliminate those the future deficit will be reduced

And we have heard that kill them there so they won't kill us here nonsense for years. You do know that the terrorists did not come from Iraq didn't you? Fact is 10 years is more than enough time for Afghanistan and iraq to establish internal security. If they can't ...tough

Last edited:
That is how you opted to take it.

When I was fired years ago, I blamed everyone but myself. I blamed my employer, my co-workers, my clients. Heck, I blamed my parents, my educators, my years in the military.

We were in a recession and I was a victim.

So I sat down and contemplated how I would survive.

And I started my own business without a dime to work with. It was hard work and a major sacrifice. It was a struggle. But it worked.

And I know many that are doing the exact smae thing right now.

And I know just as many that are sitting around waiting for things to happen and wondering why things are not happening.

Or...you could take my post the way you took it all in an effort to discredit me.

I don't have to discredit you, you did that all by yourself. I don't have any problem with you defining your own happiness. BUT, when you have the audacity to define happiness for OTHERS, all you are doing is dismissing them, because they do not meet YOUR criteria.

You chose to rad my post in that light. I never said I should define their happiness.

To the contrary, I feel that you and those that think like you have defined their destiny.

I believe poeple have the ability to rise above when they need to. We have seen it in our history.

However, when we make it easy for ourselves, we tend to sit around and wait for things to happen.

WOW, the BLIND self righteousness that exudes from you makes me sick to my stomach...' you and those that think like you'....don't you REALLY mean, those UNlike YOU, the self righteous...

There are many people that lost their jobs and never HAD to go through your epiphany. That's because they didn't need to. They didn't just 'sit around and wait for things to happen', but it still didn't create a job for them where there AREN'T ANY, or pay their mortgage and their bills.

You are finding SELF justification to make people evaporate.

You know, the holocaust would have never happened if those people weren't so fucking JEWISH!

You are an asshole...BIG time.

WOW, the BLIND self righteousness that exudes from you makes me sick to my stomach...' you and those that think like you'....don't you REALLY mean, those UNlike YOU, the self righteous...

There are many people that lost their jobs and never HAD to go through your epiphany. That's because they didn't need to. They didn't just 'sit around and wait for things to happen', but it still didn't create a job for them where there AREN'T ANY, or pay their mortgage and their bills.

You know, the holocaust would have never happened if those people weren't so fucking JEWISH!

This post fully defines the twisted logic of liberal idiots.

Fact is, if you are going to invest in a mortgage, you must be prepared to be able to pay said mortgage in the event of job loss. After all, a home is probably the most expensive purchase one will ever make. You must have reserves in place long before you purchase said home. Otherwise, don't make the fucking investment in the first place. If you don't, then you are an idiot.....It's not up to the government to pay your mortgage or your fucking bills.........It's that lil' thing ALL liberals fear and loathe the most. It's that PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY thingamajigee.

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

Your pathetic attempts to discredit me for having a positive belief in people based on my own experiences is typical of an angry liberal minded thinker that assumes that all people are NOT created equal.

Well, I believe all people are created equal and all have different talents and all can acheive success if they put their minds to it. Yes, there are some that are born with or develop challanges and yes, we are all there to help them.

But I believe that the more help you give an able bodies individual, the more that individual will rely on the help.

And based on your last line about the Holocost...

Seems to me you are saying that ones race, religion or sex may dictate their ability to succeeed.

Am I correct with this assumption or did I misread your analogy?

And do us both a favor. Feel free to disagree with me and feel free to criticize my thinking. But you and I are both intelligent posters on this board and we have had some interesting debates. Save the "asshole" comments for someone that just comes on here to dictate and not listen to the other side. Like Truthmatters. She deserves the insults as she does not read what others writes, she just dictates and calls us liars.

The question is not whether we should have passed a healthcare bill or gone into Iraq, or bailed out Wall Street, or cut taxes, but rather how are we going pay for it. We are not going to wipe out years of Bush and Obama deficits by whining and wishful thinking. We either live up to our fiscal responsibilities or continue to point fingers at the opposition.

Hey pea brain, here's an idea that might save you the embarrassment of proving you are a pea brain. Next time you post an article, READ IT first. And don't add your OWN title. The article supports almost everything Clarke says.

The Bush WH did NOT put terrorism on the front burner, and they dismissed warnings from Clarke and George Tenet.

From the article YOU posted...

As the new Administration took office, Rice kept Clarke in his job as counterterrorism czar. In early February, he repeated to Vice President Dick Cheney the briefing he had given to Rice and Hadley. There are differing opinions on how seriously the Bush team took Clarke's warnings. Some members of the outgoing Administration got the sense that the Bush team thought the Clintonites had become obsessed with terrorism. "It was clear," says one, "that this was not the same priority to them that it was to us."

For other observers, however, the real point was not that the new Administration dismissed the terrorist theat. On the contrary, Rice, Hadley and Cheney, says an official, "all got that it was important." The question is, How high a priority did terrorism get? Clarke says that dealing with al-Qaeda "was in the top tier of issues reviewed by the Bush Administration." But other topics got far more attention. The whole Bush national-security team was obsessed with setting up a national system of missile defense. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld was absorbed by a long review of the military's force structure. Attorney General John Ashcroft had come into office as a dedicated crime buster. Rice was desperately trying to keep in line a national-security team—including Rumsfeld, Cheney and Secretary of State Colin Powell—whose members had wildly different agendas and styles. "Terrorism," says a former Clinton White House official, speaking of the new Administration, "wasn't on their plate of key issues." Al-Qaeda had not been a feature of the landscape when the Republicans left office in 1993. The Bush team, says an official, "had to learn about [al-Qaeda] and figure out where it fit into their broader foreign policy.' But doing so meant delay.

Some counterterrorism officials think there is another reason for the Bush Administration's dilatory response. Clarke's paper, says an official, "was a Clinton proposal." Keeping Clarke around was one thing; buying into the analysis of an Administration that the Bush team considered feckless and naive was quite another. So Rice instructed Clarke to initiate a new "policy review process" on the terrorism threat. Clarke dived into yet another round of meetings. And his proposals were nibbled nearly to death.
:lol: None of that proves your assertion that it was anything other than a quick-thinking border guard that stopped the millennium bomber.

Fact is, if you are going to invest in a mortgage, you must be prepared to be able to pay said mortgage in the event of job loss. After all, a home is probably the most expensive purchase one will ever make. You must have reserves in place long before you purchase said home. Otherwise, don't make the fucking investment in the first place. If you don't, then you are an idiot.....It's not up to the government to pay your mortgage or your fucking bills.........It's that lil' thing ALL liberals fear and loathe the most. It's that PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY thingamajigee.

WOW, a pea brain Monica Lewinsky exposed....:lol::lol::lol:

Here's the 'personal responsibility' crowd you right wing morons have a Monica Lewinsky worship of...

Rich Default Far More Than the Rest of Us

Wealthy 'are more ruthless,' says analyst

Newser) – Whether they're throwing in the towel on a California beach home or ski chalets, wealthy Americans are currently defaulting on mortgage payments at extremely high rates. One in 7 of those who owe more than $1 million on property are seriously delinquent, reports the New York Times. For those who owe less than that, the rate is one in 12. The difference is that wealthy dump homes as they would other investments.“The rich are different: they are more ruthless,” says an analyst.

It may seem odd to picture the rich as the new face of foreclosure, but the wealthy have more in common with the middles class than they they'd like to think. “They made their plans based on the best of all possible scenarios," says one Las Vegas agent. They assumed "that their incomes would continue to grow, that real estate would never drop." It didn't happen that way.

Read more: Rich Default More on Mortgages Than Middle Class in America

millionmrtg_cs_20100409094715.jpg

The Rich Are Different: They Default More Often - Developments - WSJ

Have you ever used the phrase "voting against their own best interests"? If you haven't, have you castigated liberals who do the same way you castigate Jarhead?

Here's the 'personal responsibility' crowd you right wing morons have a Monica Lewinsky worship of...

Newser) – Whether they're throwing in the towel on a California beach home or ski chalets, wealthy Americans are currently defaulting on mortgage payments at extremely high rates. One in 7 of those who owe more than $1 million on property are seriously delinquent, reports the New York Times. For those who owe less than that, the rate is one in 12. The difference is that wealthy dump homes as they would other investments.“The rich are different: they are more ruthless,” says an analyst.

It may seem odd to picture the rich as the new face of foreclosure, but the wealthy have more in common with the middles class than they they'd like to think. “They made their plans based on the best of all possible scenarios," says one Las Vegas agent. They assumed "that their incomes would continue to grow, that real estate would never drop." It didn't happen that way.

Curious...

Is there a reason you see the rich as automatically conservative and/or republican?

Didnt wall street donate a heck of a lot more money to Obama than they did to McCain?

Is Soros not considered rich?

Your pathetic attempts to discredit me for having a positive belief in people based on my own experiences is typical of an angry liberal minded thinker that assumes that all people are NOT created equal.

Well, I believe all people are created equal and all have different talents and all can acheive success if they put their minds to it. Yes, there are some that are born with or develop challanges and yes, we are all there to help them.

But I believe that the more help you give an able bodies individual, the more that individual will rely on the help.

Seems to me you are saying that ones race, religion or sex may dictate their ability to succeeed.

And do us both a favor. Feel free to disagree with me and feel free to criticize my thinking. But you and I are both intelligent posters on this board and we have had some interesting debates. Save the "asshole" comments for someone that just comes on here to dictate and not listen to the other side. Like Truthmatters. She deserves the insults as she does not read what others writes, she just dictates and calls us liars.

Sorry, you rightfully EARNED the comment. But you are totally BLIND as to how and why.

There are plenty of able bodied human beings losing their homes...I guess they just need to be PUNISHED more...fuck YOU...

Who says the wealthy are all conservative? Somebody here was all proud of the fact that liberals make more money than conservatives.

Curious...

Is there a reason you see the rich as automatically conservative and/or republican?

Didnt wall street donate a heck of a lot more money to Obama than they did to McCain?

Is Soros not considered rich?

Yes, but it's not based on anything automatic...it is based on actions... 'conservatives' and Republicans defend the rich and the elite at the expense of the middle class and poor...it is THEIR personal choice.

Didn't Obama and the Democrats push for Wall Street regulations and financial reform? Didn't Republicans OPPOSE Wall Street regulations and financial reform?

There are 2 types of Republicans...millionaires and suckers...

Who says the wealthy are all conservative? Somebody here was all proud of the fact that liberals make more money than conservatives.

Oh, you need an interpreter...mommy must be busy...

Sorry, you rightfully EARNED the comment. But you are totally BLIND as to how and why.

There are plenty of able bodied human beings losing their homes...I guess they just need to be PUNISHED more...fuck YOU...

Punished?

I lost lots of money in the market. It was not a punishment. It was a bad decision made by me. I should have gone with low risk investments.

Punished?

Curious...when they believed their houses were going up in price and they were refianncing and taking cash out....do you see them as being rewarded?

Were you on the sidelines saying that they do not deserve to take that cash out as they did nothing to earn it?

Punished becuase an investment went bad on them?

Punished?

Now I understand your thinking. We do not see eye to eye on why people do what they do.

I see those that invest money in the market as people that HOPE their money wioll make money for them. I see it as a gamble. You see it as an entitlement. They invest as they deserve to get a return. Sorry, I dont see it that way.

Likewise, I see those that take a mortgage as one that is looking at real estate as an investment. For those that do not want to take the gamble, there is something called "renting".

But people buy homes as they believe that it is a way to take your "rent money" and put it in a long term investment...their home.

It is a gamble. If they sell the hoime and double their money, would you be out there saying"hey, you did nothing to earn that money! You should give it back"?

Of course not!

So why do you refer to it as a punishment if the gamble failed?

Gosh, you're not bright. You're insisting all wealthy people are personal-responsibility conservatives. That's certainly not the case.

Have you ever used the phrase "voting against their own best interests"? If you haven't, have you castigated liberals who do the same way you castigate Jarhead?
I think you missed this post, Bfgrn.

Gosh, you're not bright. You're insisting all wealthy people are personal-responsibility conservatives. That's certainly not the case.

I didn't SAY that pea brain...YOU did. I guess mommy must still be busy. I said YOU right wing morons WORSHIP the wealthy...

Here's your word for the day...obtuse

Forum List

Back