Planned Economy

free market = level playing field.

The fact that free markets don't exist doesn't change that fact.

Free market DOES NOT equal level playing field. Whether a free market truly exists or not is irrelevant.

Let's go to free market Utopialand for a second. Please explain to me SPECIFICALLY the concepts in place that would make the playing field level for everyone. Such that everyone has the same opportunities, the same potential to achieve those opportunities, the same buying power, the same connections, the same access to resources, etc., etc. Because THAT is what a level playing field is when everyTHING (resources, connections, opportunities, etc.) is equally distributed among everyONE. Any idiot ought to be able to see that there is NO economic system, much less capitalism that promises a level playing field. Trying to define something a certain way for the purpose of winning an argument is really quite pathetic.

asked and answered, Bern.

"free market" in the Adam Smith sense defines an economic level playing field.

That economic level playing field doesn't care about weather or access to ports. It is strictly economic in nature. Other factors like better locations, better ideas, better resources are supposed to make some products more competitive.

asked and answered, Bern.

"free market" in the Adam Smith sense defines an economic level playing field.

That economic level playing field doesn't care about weather or access to ports. It is strictly economic in nature. Other factors like better locations, better ideas, better resources are supposed to make some products more competitive.

You may think so. Unfortunately the above is no definition of level I've ever seen. How do you define something as level or equal that quite obviously isn't?

an economic level playing field is not a level playing field.

The idea of capitalism is to allow the most efficient producers to be rewarded by the market while inefficient producers are punished by it. Economic darwinism.

Natural advantages are expected to determine success and failure. That's capitalism.

But economic factors like subsidies, tariffs, government intervention, patents, monopolies cronyism, nepotism, even inherited wealth confer an unlevel economic playing field. And there fore do not support a free market and an invisible hand from rewarding the best producers.

"talked about the division of labor" and featuring it as a prerequisite to free markets are wholly different things.

if you had shit for brains that would be an upgrade.

I will pay you $10 if you can prove your feeble assertion on the condition that I get to pick your new avatar when you can't.
A division of labor is a primary feature of free markets....Bricklayers lay bricks because they're better at it than baking bread...Not at all the mythical "level playing field" in the least".

If you ever found an actual point with your contorted and disjointed economic "knowledge" (to use the term in its loosest sense) it'd be your first.

Last edited:
When one business is provided land and infrastructure, while another is not...
When one business is allowed to pocket sales taxes, and another business is not...
When one business is welcomed with gifts, and one is grudgingly allowed to jump through hoops...

is this the free market at work?

Wal-Mart_art_400_20080917151437.jpg

Just askin'

Of Course not. Capitalists despise free markets and will avail themselves of all opportunity to create an unlevel playing field that benefits themselves and penalizes everybody else.

Capitalists despise capitalism.
Democrats despise democracy.

"talked about the division of labor" and featuring it as a prerequisite to free markets are wholly different things.

if you had shit for brains that would be an upgrade.

I will pay you $10 if you can prove your feeble assertion on the condition that I get to pick your new avatar when you can't.
A division of labor is a primary feature of free markets....Bricklayers lay bricks because they're better at it than baking bread...Not at all the mythical "level playing field" in the least".

If you ever found an actual point with your contorted and disjointed economic "knowledge" (to use the term in its loosest sense) it'd be your first.

free markets do not rely on division of labor at all.

And there are no free markets, so what does that do to your alice in wonderland assertion that "division of labor is a primary feature of free markets.."?

Are you a Random Nonsense Generator ?

Forum List

Back