Phoney Sick Notes From WI MDs

BTW, there are about 10,000 public employees protesting in Columbus, Ohio today (we have a bill pending here similar to the one in Wisconsin).

I wonder how many Ohio teachers, police, fire, at that protest etc. plan to fraudulently claim sick leave for today?

All employees with a doctor's excuse obtained at a unapproved event, may now consider themselves available for employment outside of WI. That is all.

Calling out sick is their only legal recourse if they want to protest.

Get over it people. It ain't got nothin to do with the larger issue being debated in WI.

Can we expect the same moral relativity from you if the governor tries to deprive the teachers of the benefit of their bargain? No?

Color me *shocked*.
Hello? The governor IS trying to deprive teachers the right to belong to unions.

This isn't rocket science.

No, the governor is trying to protect the kids of the state, and the teacher's retirement pensions. Which WILL GO AWAY if they don't stop spending money like water.

Everybody else has taken hits; the teachers are being asked to sacrifice a tiny portion of their bloated pay, that comes directly from US citizens who can't afford private health insurance and private schools. Fuck the teachers. I say start giving teaching certificates to anyone who gets a BA/BS and who doesn't have a criminal record.

Can we expect the same moral relativity from you if the governor tries to deprive the teachers of the benefit of their bargain? No?

Color me *shocked*.
Hello? The governor IS trying to deprive teachers the right to belong to unions.

Is the governor using illegal or unethical means to achieve his stated goal?

No?

I rest my case.
Not sure what case you are resting as your comment makes no sense.

The unions have agreed to everything the governor has asked of them, and now he is telling them to cease to exist or he will start laying people off.

No?

I rest my case.

The unions have agreed to everything the governor has asked of them, and now he is telling them to cease to exist or he will start laying people off.

All he is asking for is the Democrat sentators return to the state to vote. If they dont return and finish the budget/legislation, he will be forced to trim it unilaterally.

No?

I rest my case.

All he is asking for is the Democrat sentators return to the state to vote. If they dont return and finish the budget/legislation, he will be forced to trim it unilaterally.
Yes...vote on disbanding unions.

if the system is trying to fuck the teachers, is it really SO wrong for the teachers to try to fuck the system?

And here we see the STARK MORALITY of Public Employee Unions: Fuck The System.

Thank you for clarifying it so succinctly.

I'm not a union employee, neither am I a teacher.
FAIL.
WHY is it okay for the more powerful to fuck the weak, but inexcusable for the weak to use they system they work within to gain a little leverage?
There is some really ass backwards mentality at work here, and it isn't mine.

Just who are these Powerful People against whom Public Employee Unions are railing and who are most affected by the strike?

It isn't The Rich - they likely send their kids to private schools.

It's actually the average taxpayer, often a two-income or single parent family who makes less than the teacher - and now must take time off from work to care for their children due to the school closures.

Wow. That's really STICKIN' IT TO THE MAN!!!!!!!

Yes...vote on disbanding unions.

they can vote against it, and they would lose, as they are in the minority in the state senate. They are not being forced to vote for it, they are being told to attend the senate, which as senators, I think is thier job.

The teachers are protesting something dear to their hearts...the right to be heard by their employers.

If they accept the consequences that they can be fired for calling in sick then that is their choice to make.

A little civil disobedience is often a good thing...unless you're a rightwingloon, of course.

Hey, I like a good protest as well as the next guy. But when was the last time you heard of GM paying striking auto workers? Never?

That'd be right.

Why didn't these public employee unions hoard cash for a strike fund, like UAW does, rather than expecting the workers to defraud the taxpayers?

Good question. I suspect the answer is that instead of having a strike fund, the money is all earmarked for campaign donations to the DNC and affiliates.

Patients present (express) the right symptoms, doctors write the note.
They aren't comp docs, they are gen practitioners...and members of their community...
if the system is trying to fuck the teachers, is it really SO wrong for the teachers to try to fuck the system?

You are asking me if teachers should commit perjury (I had to sign all my government time sheets "under penalties of perjury") so they can embezzle funds and whether MDs should conspire with them to do so?

Why can't they just protest WITHOUT pay?

They might get fired, unlikely. Likely there would be written reprimand in file. That's the price of doing what they think right. Lying and taking the money is easier, actually pain free, since they can say they did if "For the Children."

Except for the kids who are now starving because they received NO FREE SCHOOL LUNCHES due to the school closures.

They can't claim they did it for them.

No?

I rest my case.

Good. Anyone else would get laid off for using fake sick notes and walking off the job. If you happen to work in a facility like a hospital or jail and you do that, you can be prosecuted as well for dereliction of duties.

So fuck them. I hope they all get fired.

Get over it people. It ain't got nothin to do with the larger issue being debated in WI.

No it's not. Let them call a strike and go on unpaid leave.

But that would be SO PAINFUL! Must make sure the money flows....right into the DNC coffers.

The state is paying them for protesting; and they are protesting because they want to continue to receive $$ from citizens to do a crappy job...everybody else is taking cuts, getting laid off, losing their homes.

Screw them. I'll get a teaching certificate and move to Wisconsin, and I will actually have my kids educated in the school system for which I work, unlike these hypocritical parasites, who think their kids are a cut above the kids they teach, and who make enough money to send them to PRIVATE SCHOOLS. Meanwhile, they squawk if poor people want to have the option of sending their kids to different schools. Because then they might have to be competetive and teach the kids something, as well as risk losing their jobs if they do a piss-poor job.

Color me *shocked*.

Actually, that is not true. Unions may exist without the right to collective bargaining. Federal Employees had such a union for years.

No it's not. Let them call a strike and go on unpaid leave.

But that would be SO PAINFUL! Must make sure the money flows....right into the DNC coffers.

Mani, you're an idiot. If they want to protest they say they're protesting. You don't LIE about it, and commit fraud.

Of course, it's typical of the leftwad mindset that it's okay to break the law, so long as you're doing it for your own benefit.

:cuckoo::cuckoo:

I wonder how long before democrat legislators in Ohio are going to flee like the cowards in Wisconsin and Indiana.

In the end, they'll all flee to California.

We are generally the last refuge for progressives (besides DC), alas and alack.

Forum List

Back