Phoney Sick Notes From WI MDs

Calling out sick is their only legal recourse if they want to protest.

Only?

Alternative would be to take an unpaid day off... I mean if it's THAT important...

No note required and you're not doing anything potentially illegal....

'Personal days' have to be requested and approved in advance, at least any school I've worked at. The whole school system would not be approved on a given day. :lol:

Any minute now the rightwingloons will be calling for the teachers to be shot.

You are better than this. You couldn't win the argument on its merits, so attack those that saw the problem with hyperbole. :rolleyes:

I also love the irony of striking to preserve a collective bargaining right to strike, which does not now exist.

they aren't protesting to preserve a "right to strike". they are protesting to preserve their right to collective bargaining.

it isn't really that complicated.

do you know what government does to employees who don't have collective bargaining rights.

Does the federal government take dues out of their pay? That's what Walker wants to outlaw.

I do believe there are provisions for federal employees who are members of unions to have that deducted from their pay.

Voluntary participation in a union does not preclude the employer from taking payroll deductions for those that want it.

"Right to work" simply means the deductions are voluntary and not madatory. In other words joining the union is not a condition of work.

>>>>

Does the federal government take dues out of their pay? That's what Walker wants to outlaw.

I do believe there are provisions for federal employees who are members of unions to have that deducted from their pay.

Voluntary participation in a union does not preclude the employer from taking payroll deductions for those that want it.

"Right to work" simply means the deductions are voluntary and not madatory. In other words joining the union is not a condition of work.

>>>>

This is actually a huge deal. Most of you prolly have deductions that are donated to charity -- this is a time tested means of driving up total dollars donated. Prohibiting deductions by employers for union dues is a VERY serious means of undercutting the union.

What are they gonna do? Collect weekly, like the paperboy?

>>>>

This is actually a huge deal. Most of you prolly have deductions that are donated to charity -- this is a time tested means of driving up total dollars donated. Prohibiting deductions by employers for union dues is a VERY serious means of undercutting the union.

Can you link to any provisions that would not allow voluntary payroll deductions?

My understanding was that it would bar MANDATORY dues being taken from those who did not want to be part of a union.

Two very different things.

>>>>

>>>>

Can you link to any provisions that would not allow voluntary payroll deductions?

My understanding was that it would bar MANDATORY dues being taken from those who did not want to be part of a union.

Two very different things.

>>>>

You are 100% correct....I shall endeavor to echo-locate the information.

You are 100% correct....I shall endeavor to echo-locate the information.

I've got it.

OK, the bill does bar government entities from deducting dues for a union even if participation is voluntary.

SECTION 276. 111.845 of the statutes is created to read:
111.845 Wage deduction prohibition. The employer may not deduct labor
organization dues from a general employee’s earnings.

http://legis.wisconsin.gov/JR1SB-11.pdf (PDF Page 96)​

>>>>

Forum List

Back