Philosophical differences...GOP vs. DNC

My youngest continues to ask questions about the ‘Parties” and their distinct differences. She’s gonna follow this thread...help me explain things to a 15 year old.
I’ll get things started.
GOP:
“Let’s get the lower 50% whom contribute very little to do better and contribute more.”
DNC:
“Let’s get the the people already paying our way to pay more.”

GOP:
“Let’s lockdown our borders and focus on taking care of Americans.”
DNC:
“Let’s allow Mexicans, Central and South Americans in to mooch off taxpayers...WE’RE RICH!”

Show her the platforms of each and let her make her own conclusions.

There’s a flaw in that methodology...like Liberals / Lefties children don’t have a firm grasp of the economic side of things...they translate the emotional feel good “stuff’ quite easily which works in the DNC’s favor. Children are naive and they fall for the feels...the problem is, if we all disregard the economics who’s gonna pay us to feel good?

I think you greatly underestimate kids.

Most of my son's classmates were opposed to a mandatory state rise in the minimum wage when they discussed it at fourteen. They all knew it would mean they would have a harder time competing for jobs, and there would be less jobs to compete for against grown adults.

It's simple supply and demand of jobs. You force employers to raise the wages, there will be less jobs. Kids aren't really as dumb as you might think.

I think you greatly overestimate your logic skills.

I guess you have never taken an economics class.

It is simply supply and demand.

How to be a leftist?
1 Liberalism isn’t a political ideology
2 makes them feel good about themselves
3 different emotional needs intellectual superiority, group acceptance, aversion to emotional trauma, etc).
4 makes them feel important
5 makes them feel morally superior
6 social acceptance is a great ego need
7 It’s the battle itself that matters
8 liberalism is a psychology, not an ideology
9 Liberals want to be society’s elite and powerful
10 They want to feel good about themselves
11 the poor are one group liberals consider decidedly inferior
12 the poor are like pets to liberals
13 only support a war if doing so makes them feel morally superior
14 modern-day Robin Hoods based on what they consider “fair”,
15 aren’t concerned about results, they’re concerned about their egos
16 Rationality simply isn’t required as long as they can feel good about themselves in the end
17 avoid facing damage to their ego
18 rarely put real thought into the consequences of their positions, because those consequences simply don’t interest them
19 Socialized healthcare puts immense power in the hands of liberal politicians
20 decide what sicknesses will be treated and what won’t
21 make the health and the lifestyle of every American their jurisdiction
22 power is an ego trip
23 support only positions that will get them in power, keep them in power, and secure more power
24 public school system is a source of power for them
25 near total control over just about every child in America
26 push their positions on America’s future generations.
27 keeping the hold they have on education
28 controlled media
29 Politics is personal to them
30 don’t care who’s in office as long as “they” have the power
31 feel powerless and insignificant, two feelings which are personally offensive to egotists.
32 morally superior people
33 “morally superior” liberal also condemns the “evils” of those who fight it
34 stand in judgment of good people because it makes them feel superior
35 greatest ego trip of all) condemn Israel because a small number of Palestinians will be inconvenienced
36 they value their own sense of superiority and care little to nothing about the consequences of their policies
"self-satisfaction to be precise."
Eric Alan Beltt
Liberalism Is...a mental disorder...Is there a doctor in the house..?

My youngest continues to ask questions about the ‘Parties” and their distinct differences. She’s gonna follow this thread...help me explain things to a 15 year old.
I’ll get things started.b
GOP:
“Let’s get the lower 50% whom contribute very little to do better and contribute more.”
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:
“Let’s allow Mexicans, Central and South Americans in to mooch off taxpayers...WE’RE RICH!”

Explain this graph to your daughter
She will vote Democratic the rest of her life

U.S._Distribution_of_Wealth%2C_2007.jpg

The wealth inequality in liberal California skews the numbers. OH SNAP! :auiqs.jpg:

Bullshit
Not all our wealthy live in California. Not by a long shot

Have a 15 year old daughter?
Show her where the money is

Then decide where you want to tax

Dems: Healthcare is a basic human right
GOP: Let em die
Lol
Fuck face, I have no right to healthcare but I do have a right to earn my health care. So quit pushing that shit on us.

Maybe you missed the “Grownups” meeting, but 49 year old men don’t say “fuck face” in every other post. There, now you’re all caught up.
Lol
Progressives don’t understand anything else...

How do you know until you try?

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

There’s a flaw in that methodology...like Liberals / Lefties children don’t have a firm grasp of the economic side of things...they translate the emotional feel good “stuff’ quite easily which works in the DNC’s favor. Children are naive and they fall for the feels...the problem is, if we all disregard the economics who’s gonna pay us to feel good?

Most of my son's classmates were opposed to a mandatory state rise in the minimum wage when they discussed it at fourteen. They all knew it would mean they would have a harder time competing for jobs, and there would be less jobs to compete for against grown adults.

It's simple supply and demand of jobs. You force employers to raise the wages, there will be less jobs. Kids aren't really as dumb as you might think.

We have raised minimum wages for over fifty years
The market adjusts and employment levels off

Adults are not going to compete with kids for minimum wage jobs when unemployment is under 4 percent
There is no better time than now to raise minimum wage

It is simple economics

Okay, what has welfare done to minorities for 50 years plus. Please tell me the positive.
Millions of minorities have gotten off of welfare through jobs and education programs

What have Republicans done for them
Since Trump won, what have democrats done? Beside kayne westing minorities?
Dems are powerless.....for now
What did Obama do for them?
13 million jobs
Obamacare
He did nothing for the blacks. You mean the failure called obamacare?

Black une
Millions of minorities have gotten off of welfare through jobs and education programs

What have Republicans done for them
Since Trump won, what have democrats done? Beside kayne westing minorities?
Dems are powerless.....for now
What did Obama do for them?
13 million jobs
Obamacare
He did nothing for the blacks. You mean the failure called obamacare?

Black unemployment dropped by six percent
The Great Obama expanded healthcare for the working poor

Adults are not going to compete with kids for minimum wage jobs when unemployment is under 4 percent

It is simple economics

You don't need to look at unemployment, you need to look at workforce participation and the competition among different demographics.

Why Teens Aren’t Working—And How It Influences the Workforce
Why Teens Aren’t Working—And How It Influences the Workforce - Chief Learning Officer - CLO Media
"Competition from older workers makes it difficult to find summer employment in the first place. “Many older workers, even after they retire from their career job, they come back into the labor force, and they can compete for these types of jobs,” Morisi said.

Employers opt for these older workers for a variety of reasons, including a rise in minimum wage, said Denise Bryant, director of workforce services at the Denver Office of Economic Development. Employers who face these higher payroll costs want more permanent and experienced workers to improve their return on that increased wage, Bryant said."

It is simple economics

You don't need to look at unemployment, you need to look at workforce participation and the competition among different demographics.

Why Teens Aren’t Working—And How It Influences the Workforce
Why Teens Aren’t Working—And How It Influences the Workforce - Chief Learning Officer - CLO Media
"Competition from older workers makes it difficult to find summer employment in the first place. “Many older workers, even after they retire from their career job, they come back into the labor force, and they can compete for these types of jobs,” Morisi said.

Employers opt for these older workers for a variety of reasons, including a rise in minimum wage, said Denise Bryant, director of workforce services at the Denver Office of Economic Development. Employers who face these higher payroll costs want more permanent and experienced workers to improve their return on that increased wage, Bryant said."

Not buying it

With a 3.9 percent unemployment rate, older workers are not looking to flip burgers

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

It's not but that's probably why you have the same understanding as fourteen year olds.

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

The Democrats offer us free stuff to get votes, like health care, college, Obamaphones, etc.

The GOP offers us lower taxes to get votes

Together, they have created the largest debt in human history.

Democrats say they are against big government abroad and the GOP says they are against big government at home, but in the end, they both support big government everywhere.

That's about it. Government and debt just keep getting larger and larger, and larger.

It's like a star. It just keeps getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, until it collapses on itself and crates a massive black hole that no one can escape from.

That's not what I've read. The real value of minimum wage has been going down for some time. Despite occasional bumps, it hasn't kept up with inflation.

Last edited:
I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

The Democrats offer us free stuff to get votes, like health care, college, Obamaphones, etc.

Democrats say they are against big government abroad and the GOP says they are against big government at home, but in the end, they both support big government everywhere.

That's about it. Government and debt just keep getting larger and larger, and larger.

It's like a star. It just keeps getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger, until it collapses on itself and crates a massive black hole that no one can escape from.
Republicans appeal to your fears and hatred
They offer you reasons why you are struggling

Pay no attention to those mega millionaires who are paying lower and lower wages while demanding you work harder

Your problems are due to a welfare mother with three kids, those Mexicans picking crops and a gay couple who wants to get married

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

Pay no attention to those mega millionaires who are paying lower and lower wages while demanding you work harder

Your problems are due to a welfare mother with three kids, those Mexicans picking crops and a gay couple who wants to get married

You mean like Joe Biden saying that the GOP will put blacks back in chains? That kind of fear mongering?

Or is it like screaming the Bush lied about WMD's and needs to be impeached and tried as a war criminal and that he helped participate in 9/11?

That kind of hatred?

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

You mean like Joe Biden saying that the GOP will put blacks back in chains? That kind of fear mongering?

Or is it like screaming the Bush lied about WMD's and needs to be impeached and tried as a war criminal and that he helped participate in 9/11?

That kind of hatred?
Bush did lie about WMDs....anything it took to get his war with Saddam

His blunder cost 6000 American lives and 100,000 Iraqis

He should have been impeached.....not for taking us to war, but engaging in torture

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

That kind of hatred?

He should have been impeached.....not for taking us to war, but engaging in torture

Really? So American intelligence agencies did not agree with this assumption?

Do tell.

I’ll get things started.
GOP:
DNC:

GOP:
DNC:

That kind of hatred?

Do tell.
They gave Bush the intelligence he demanded and overlooked reports that Saddam was not a threat

That kind of hatred?

Do tell.
They gave Bush the intelligence he demanded and overlooked reports that Saddam was not a threat

So yes or no, the intelligence said that Iraq had WMD's?

Forum List

Back