Petition to Put an End to Teachers' Unions in Public Education!

Sep 30, 2011
Petition Text: In the Spirit of Democracy, Independence and Authentic Progressivism, the People of the United States remain to be skeptical on America's Future. There have been program initiatives for many years to better our children's circumstances from the tyranny of the Teachers' Unions. In all disrespect, We the People are frustrated with these program initiatives because quite frankly, they do not work. There have been an increase of funding towards this system but it failed to improve our circumstance as well, this is due to the nature of the contracts by the Teachers' Unions. Greed. We the People hereby petition the Obama Administration to take full initiative in eliminating such unions from this public service, namely "Public Education".

Sign the Petition: http://wh.gov/Tu2

Why?

1. Public Education is a Public Service Career.
  2. Public Education Receives Thousands to Millions of Dollars on a Monthly Basis.
  3. Program Initiatives like "Race to the Top" or "No Child Left Behind" Don't Work.
  4. Teachers' Benefits are Extraodinary Because It's State (Federal) Owned.

Sources:

True Costs of Public Education (From YouTube)
True Costs of Public Education (From Washington Post)

Gee, I'd be in favor of eliminating teachers' unions, but how will the poor Dimocrats survive without their millions of dollars of campaign funds? Sure they'll still have all the other unions, lawyers, and lots of Wall Street folks donating, but every bit helps.

Gee, I'd be in favor of eliminating teachers' unions, but how will the poor Dimocrats survive without their millions of dollars of campaign funds? Sure they'll still have all the other unions, lawyers, and lots of Wall Street folks donating, but every bit helps.

Don't the Democrats support Corporatism? Why should they care about a union for a public service job? Anyway, sign the petition you seem to get what I'm trying to do.

Only 24,999 signatures to go. Good luck.

Would you mind helping? I'm trying hard but it's difficult if you're not a celebrity on Twitter and on Facebook, I hope that my friends and family support it. I've posted a rational reason on this forum to gain more support from like minded individuals, I would love for you to support. John F. Kennedy wanted to eliminate teachers' unions for public education too.

Goodness, I can't tell if this forum is a Conservative or Liberal forum... I assume it was a Centrist forum but the views expressed here are very either anti-establishment or delusional.

Petition Text: In the Spirit of Democracy, Independence and Authentic Progressivism, the People of the United States remain to be skeptical on America's Future. There have been program initiatives for many years to better our children's circumstances from the tyranny of the Teachers' Unions. In all disrespect, We the People are frustrated with these program initiatives because quite frankly, they do not work. There have been an increase of funding towards this system but it failed to improve our circumstance as well, this is due to the nature of the contracts by the Teachers' Unions. Greed. We the People hereby petition the Obama Administration to take full initiative in eliminating such unions from this public service, namely "Public Education".

Why?

2. Public Education Receives Thousands to Millions of Dollars on a Monthly Basis.
  3. Program Initiatives like "Race to the Top" or "No Child Left Behind" Don't Work.

Sources:

Where has education ever been made better by paying teachers less and making their jobs a less attractive career choice?

Why?

Sources:

Where has education ever been made better by paying teachers less and making their jobs a less attractive career choice?

Teacher's have never been paid less because of the benefit of working for the public sector; as a result, what's the point of having a teachers' union?

Eh, let's get to the actual important issue of ending the department of education.

Eh, let's get to the actual important issue of ending the department of education.

This is how it works, pal.

1. Eliminate Unions in the Public Sector for Legal Reasons.
  2. Get Rid of the Democrats in the Senate.
  3. Get Rid of the President in the Office.
  4. Give More Rights to the States on Education.
  5. Cut Spending on the Department of Education.
  6. Dismantle the Department of Education

Sign the Petition, this is a good start.

Trickery, Betrayal, Action.

Last edited:

Why?

Sources:

Reason one is irrelevant. Reason two is irrelevant and seems to be way too low (the US spends billions, not thousands or millions on public education every month). Reasons three and four are highly debatable (for example, private school teachers seem to receive more overall compensation than public school teachers, so it's not clear in what way public teachers' benefits are "[E]xtraordinary").

I hope you realize there are reasons other than your non-celebrity that people are declining to sign your petition.

Why?

Sources:

Reason one is irrelevant. Reason two is irrelevant and seems to be way too low (the US spends billions, not thousands or millions on public education every month). Reasons three and four are highly debatable (for example, private school teachers seem to receive more overall compensation than public school teachers, so it's not clear in what way public teachers' benefits are "[E]xtraordinary").

I hope you realize there are reasons other than your non-celebrity that people are declining to sign your petition.

Don't respond to this thread, again, I don't want fake liberals posting in this thread.

Ohhhhh I see this is just partisan spamming.

Yeah let's get those republicans back in office, there was no such thing as a teacher's union from 2001-2007 with full republican power and control.

I hope you're getting paid at least.

Yeah let's get those republicans back in office, there was no such thing as a teacher's union from 2001-2007 with full republican power and control.

I'm a Radical Centrist.

Teacher unions have become the scapegoat for just about all problems in our education system. However the facts just don't support the premise that we would be better off without them.

Look at Finland or Singapore, where the schools actually do far better than our schools. And they're virtually 100 percent unionized. The states in our nation that do much better than the other states are 100 percent unionized. When I think about school districts in the nation, only about 53 percent of them actually have collective bargaining contracts.

The facts just don't support the premise.

I'm a Radical Centrist.

LOL

Sorry I didn't mean to expose you, press on.

Not sure but we sure as hell have amble evidence that dumping ungodly amounts of taxpayer money into education has NOT made a damn bit of difference in student performance.

You want teachers to be paid more? Let families decide where and how their children will be educated and allow the free market to respond to those demands. It's bad enough that governments try to fund education, it's untenable that they RUN education...unless of course it's shitty results and more public debt you're after.

Teacher unions have become the scapegoat for just about all problems in our education system.

You're right, educational problems in America are due less to pubic sector unions (despite all the problems with that arrangement) and more to do with government running the business of education. The federal government has no place at all funding education and states have managed to bring a DMV like mentality to it. Get the government out of RUNNING education and we'll begin to see actual education take place.

Perhaps Carolyn Lochhead said it best: "Public educators, like Soviet farmers, lack any incentive to produce results, innovate, to be efficient, to make the kinds of difficult changes that private firms operating in a competitive market must make to survive."

Not sure but we sure as hell have amble evidence that dumping ungodly amounts of taxpayer money into education has NOT made a damn bit of difference in student performance.

You want teachers to be paid more? Let families decide where and how their children will be educated and allow the free market to respond to those demands. It's bad enough that governments try to fund education, it's untenable that they RUN education...unless of course it's shitty results and more public debt you're after.

Teacher unions have become the scapegoat for just about all problems in our education system.

You're right, educational problems in America are due less to pubic sector unions (despite all the problems with that arrangement) and more to do with government running the business of education. The federal government has no place at all funding education and states have managed to bring a DMV like mentality to it. Get the government out of RUNNING education and we'll begin to see actual education take place.

Perhaps Carolyn Lochhead said it best: "Public educators, like Soviet farmers, lack any incentive to produce results, innovate, to be efficient, to make the kinds of difficult changes that private firms operating in a competitive market must make to survive."

You're a right wing nut. It's not the Department of Education that's the major problem, it's the unions! Goodness, why can't you comprehend this?

Why?

Sources:

Don't respond to this thread, again, I don't want fake liberals posting in this thread.

you are insane if you think you have the power to demand that.

Forum List

Back