DOE...Needs to End...Let the States Fund Education 100%.

Screenshot 2024-03-01 at 2.25.50 PM.png

Feel Free to give your Opinion. Concerned American

State funding! LMAO, like they do in WA. You contradict yourself. On one hand you say "states can handle the schools" and in the SAME SENTENCE, you caution that LOCALS will fund them. Which is it? No wonder the WA constituition states that that the legislature's paramount duty is to fund education and they dump that responsibility onto local gov't and you support that. More democrat lip service. I did give my opinion, btw, your proposal is a joke.

State funding! LMAO, like they do in WA. You contradict yourself. On one hand you say "states can handle the schools" and in the SAME SENTENCE, you caution that LOCALS will fund them. Which is it? No wonder the WA constituition states that that the legislature's paramount duty is to fund education and they dump that responsibility onto local gov't and you support that. More democrat lip service. I did give my opinion, btw, your proposal is a joke.
1) Does Concerned American want funding for Public Education to be at the State Level (which it is to a certain %) or the Federal Level (which it is at a lower level of %).

If the Federal Level of Funding is eliminated (which I support), then what portion of the LOCAL funding will you support?

1) Does Concerned American want funding for Public Education to be at the State Level (which it is to a certain %) or the Federal Level (which it is at a lower level of %).

If the Federal Level of Funding is eliminated (which I support), then what portion of the LOCAL funding will you support?
You just stated in (1) that you wanted funding at state level and then you contradict yourself and state you want it at state/local level. It is the responsibility of WA state to FULLY fund education and they are failing. They are failing to do their PARAMOUNT CONSTITUTIONAL DUTY because of people like you who fail to require them to DO THEIR JOBS. If they did their jobs, there would be no need for local levies. This thread is comedy at best. Toodles

Last edited:
Homeschool
Public Education
Private Education
Other???

Whatever is decided ^^^, the STATE can handle the Schools but be aware of Local Funding through TAXES will vary from town to town.

1) Curriculum
2) Funding
3) Spending
That would indirectly destroy the economy of every red state when their schools begin producing nothing but ditch diggers and street sweepers

Homeschool
Public Education
Private Education
Other???

Whatever is decided ^^^, the STATE can handle the Schools but be aware of Local Funding through TAXES will vary from town to town.

1) Curriculum
2) Funding
3) Spending
I already pay a butt load of property tax to support our local public school district AND the local community college. Not seeing a good ROI on that money. Even though in principle I agree that the DOE needs to be ended, I don't want my property taxes to double either.

I already pay a butt load of property tax to support our local public school district AND the local community college. Not seeing a good ROI on that money. Even though in principle I agree that the DOE needs to be ended, I don't want my property taxes to double either.
Education should be funded by consumption taxes. That is the only equitable way that ALL recipients of the educational system pay their fair share. It is ridiculous that it should fall solely on the shoulders of property owners.

Education should be funded by consumption taxes. That is the only equitable way that ALL recipients of the educational system pay their fair share. It is ridiculous that it should fall solely on the shoulders of property owners.
That is an excellent point since the majority of Americans are NOT homeowners but they sure benefit from public schools, as baby sitters if nothing else.

Gee, after all that education you learned to cut and paste on a computer. Now respond to the issues that were presented. Otherwise shut this BS thread down.

Gee, after all that education you learned to cut and paste on a computer. Now respond to the issues that were presented. Otherwise shut this BS thread down.
Glady

You state the 1st issue you would like me to respond with

Waiting for your response

Glady

You state the 1st issue you would like me to respond with

Waiting for your response
Read your thread, moron. A number of posters have responded and you have replied to none until post #15. Every post you've made is just cut and paste of the OP. So either reply with an on topic post or I'll report the OP.

The American Education system has gone steadily downhill since the creation of the Department of Education.

Scump it! :D

Homeschool
Public Education
Private Education
Other???

1) Curriculum
2) Funding
3) Spending

Works for me

Remember back when we first started the state lottery and the sales pitch was to fund education??? Yeah, that didn't work out

Seems hypocritical to want the states to take care of their own educational systems without federal input.........but was blasphemous to let states handle their own response to a pandemic.

Forum List

Back