People who oppose Gay Rights, why do you oppose them?

No one opposes gay rights. Gays have exactly the same rights as everyone else. What gays want are not rights but the liberty to marry whom they choose. I am for all rights and liberties.

And yet the Supreme Court has ruled over a dozen times that marriage is a fundamental right, not a fundamental liberty.

yes, marriage, not gay marriage. But under your interpretation polygamy is also now legal because none of those rulings use the words "only two people".

Absolutely, you should be careful what you wish for, and what you bet on. You are letting pride and emotion override common sense. But thats fine. Be sure to let us know as soon as Alabama recognizes your "marriage".

Sorry Fishy, but you don't get any illegal activities loopholes. The SCOTUS is going to rule my marriage valid in all 50 states, that's the bet, take it or leave it.

Do you understand what the word "absolutely" means? How many times do I have to agree? But for clarity the bet ends when SC rules this summer, meaning before 8/1/2015.

You have to agree without trying to wiggle out because Alabama refuses to abide by a Federal Courts ruling.

Here is what we are agreeing on, for the record. When the SCOTUS announces their ruling this summer, it will (at the very least) make my civil marriage valid and recognized in all 50 states. You disagree. The loser will sport the avatar or signature (winners choice) of the winner for a full 30 days, posting as normal.

Come on, Fishy...you've got to agree without trying to wiggle out because Alabama has a history of defying Federal law.

You offered the bet that your california marriage would be legally valid in all states by this summer. Thats the bet, agree and stop with the word games.

If SCOTUS makes the ruling you want, I will guarantee that Alabama will not be the only state taking issue with it.

So, do we have a bet or not?

That is correct, that is the bet. I did not say that Alabama would be required to perform same sex marriages, only that they must recognize them as legal and valid. Alabama's (or any state's) illegal refusal to follow Federal law does not get you out of paying up.

No one opposes gay rights. Gays have exactly the same rights as everyone else. What gays want are not rights but the liberty to marry whom they choose. I am for all rights and liberties.

And yet the Supreme Court has ruled over a dozen times that marriage is a fundamental right, not a fundamental liberty.

yes, marriage, not gay marriage. But under your interpretation polygamy is also now legal because none of those rulings use the words "only two people".

Yes, we understand that is what you believe (and gives us a better understanding of your screen name), but that does not translate into actual SCOTUS rulings. I do wish you the best of luck however, but your struggle for polygamy is separate from marriage equality for gays. If you believe there is an argument for Polygamy, it is absent any ruling on marriage equality for gays. You either have the argument or you don't.

Sorry Fishy, but you don't get any illegal activities loopholes. The SCOTUS is going to rule my marriage valid in all 50 states, that's the bet, take it or leave it.

Do you understand what the word "absolutely" means? How many times do I have to agree? But for clarity the bet ends when SC rules this summer, meaning before 8/1/2015.

You have to agree without trying to wiggle out because Alabama refuses to abide by a Federal Courts ruling.

Here is what we are agreeing on, for the record. When the SCOTUS announces their ruling this summer, it will (at the very least) make my civil marriage valid and recognized in all 50 states. You disagree. The loser will sport the avatar or signature (winners choice) of the winner for a full 30 days, posting as normal.

Come on, Fishy...you've got to agree without trying to wiggle out because Alabama has a history of defying Federal law.

You offered the bet that your california marriage would be legally valid in all states by this summer. Thats the bet, agree and stop with the word games.

If SCOTUS makes the ruling you want, I will guarantee that Alabama will not be the only state taking issue with it.

That is correct, that is the bet. I did not say that Alabama would be required to perform same sex marriages, only that they must recognize them as legal and valid. Alabama's (or any state's) illegal refusal to follow Federal law does not get you out of paying up.

Nope, using those terms you already won. I am too smart to take that foolish bet. I don't bet on three legged horses either.

Nice try, though.

There is no such legal term as "gay rights". People who use the term "gay" as a substitute for sodomy or pedophilia or homosexuality are victims of propaganda. In the most tolerant Country in the world homosexuals are free to engage in any consensual (adult) perverted conduct behind closed doors as they can stand. Taxpayers have funded billions for AIDS when homosexuals refused to engage in protected sex and laws are in place that give homosexuals special victim treatment. Christians are even forced to ignore their beliefs and rent or sell property to sodomites. The Boy Scouts of America are under attack by liberals because they won a (rare) decision by the courts that said they had the right to discriminate in hiring of overt homosexuals to supervise boys. What more do you freaking want?

Yes, we understand that is what you believe (and gives us a better understanding of your screen name), but that does not translate into actual SCOTUS rulings. I do wish you the best of luck however, but your struggle for polygamy is separate from marriage equality for gays. If you believe there is an argument for Polygamy, it is absent any ruling on marriage equality for gays. You either have the argument or you don't.

I don't support polygamy (multiple marriage) but as I have said, those who do will use the exact same arguments the gay mafia is using today, and if you win, they win. Thats where this is going.

There is no such legal term as "gay rights". People who use the term "gay" as a substitute for sodomy or pedophilia or homosexuality are victims of propaganda. In the most tolerant Country in the world homosexuals are free to engage in any consensual (adult) perverted conduct behind closed doors as they can stand. Taxpayers have funded billions for AIDS when homosexuals refused to engage in protected sex and laws are in place that give homosexuals special victim treatment. Christians are even forced to ignore their beliefs and rent or sell property to sodomites. The Boy Scouts of America are under attack by liberals because they won a (rare) decision by the courts that said they had the right to discriminate in hiring of overt homosexuals to supervise boys. What more do you freaking want?

They want the government to mandate what you THINK and punish you if you don't think and believe what the government dictates. THATS WHAT THEY WANT!

Nope, using those terms you already won. I am too smart to take that foolish bet. I don't bet on three legged horses either.

Nice try, though.

I never changed my terms. That is the exact same thing I said from the get go. You thought you'd get a nullification loophole.

My marriage will be legal and recognized in all 50 states this summer, chickenshit.

Nice try, though.

I never changed my terms. That is the exact same thing I said from the get go. You thought you'd get a nullification loophole.

My marriage will be legal and recognized in all 50 states this summer, chickenshit.

Not if one or more states refuse to make it legal. The bet is that it would be legal in 50 states, you know that it won't be so you tried to change the terms. Typical of a liberal. chickenshit!

That would be incorrect. Many of us oppose Rights for those who choose to engage in immoral activities like homosexuality.

Nice try, though.

Not if one or more states refuse to make it legal. The bet is that it would be legal in 50 states, you know that it won't be so you tried to change the terms. Typical of a liberal. chickenshit!

They can't refuse to follow Federal law. Currently the part of DOMA still in place says that my marriage license does not have to be recognized in Alabama. The SCOTUS is going to strike that down. Alabama playing their George Wallace game is not going to change the ruling. That was the terms as I stated them from the beginning. That you jumped before you read is not my problem. Are you reneging on the bet, Chickenfish?

Nice try, though.

They can't refuse to follow Federal law. Currently the part of DOMA still in place says that my marriage license does not have to be recognized in Alabama. The SCOTUS is going to strike that down. Alabama playing their George Wallace game is not going to change the ruling. That was the terms as I stated them from the beginning. That you jumped before you read is not my problem. Are you reneging on the bet, Chickenfish?

there is no bet until both parties agree on all the terms and the meanings of all the words. The bet was not on how SCOTUS would rule, the bet was on whether your Ca marriage would become legal in all 50 states.

You then tried to change and terms and breached the contract. But I understand, its what libs do every day.

You only succeed in making yourself look ignorant, desperate, and ridiculous by attempting to propagate your slippery slope/red herring fallacy about 'polygamy.'

Nice try, though.

there is no bet until both parties agree on all the terms and the meanings of all the words. The bet was not on how SCOTUS would rule, the bet was on whether your Ca marriage would become legal in all 50 states.

You then tried to change and terms and breached the contract. But I understand, its what libs do every day.

My wording has been the same from the beginning, Chickenfish and yes, my wording is that the SCOTUS is going to make my legal marriage legal and recognized in all 50 states. No nullification loopholes. You weren't careful and now you're weasleling. It's okay Chickenfish, I win either way. :lol:

For Real~ Wow I wonder what your thoughts are about women.......
388298_2381682217769_1122112984_32344546_1035685214_n.jpg

Forum List

Back