People who oppose Gay Rights, why do you oppose them?

Right...all these rulings across all these states have just been a JR/Dallas dream. :lol:

Closing your eyes and pretending something isn't there does not make it go away.

You want to make a bet that by the end of summer my civil marriage will be valid in all 50 states? I know it will be.

Yes, I'll take that bet. how about $5K?

Sig lines or avatars Fishy, sig lines or avatars. The choice is yours.

is that your way of ducking the bet that you proposed?

No, I'm just not going to bet money with you. That would entail having to find out personal information about you and vice versa. Not happening. Signatures or avatars. Care to take the bet?

If you are saying that I would get to create your sig line and/or avatar if I win, you're on.

That is correct. I say that when the SCOTUS issues their ruling this summer, my marriage will be valid in all 50 states. You say it will not be. The loser of the bet will sport the avatar or signature for one month following the ruling. Do we have an accord, sir?

OK, now, lets go back to the OP. Its a misstatement (intentional of course). Virtually no one opposes gay rights. Being opposed to gay marriage is not being opposed to gay rights any more than being opposed to polygamy is being opposed to the rights of polygamists.

In either case, marriage is not a right.

>

Recommend you guys agree on specific terms before agreeing, then the agreement can be bookmarked:

1. Avatar, Sig line, Both?
2. Term? (30-days, 60-days, 90-days?)
3. Does the term extend for ever day that the poster does not post on the board? How many post's per day are required to qualify as a "posting day"?)

>>>>

Yes, I'll take that bet. how about $5K?

No, I'm just not going to bet money with you. That would entail having to find out personal information about you and vice versa. Not happening. Signatures or avatars. Care to take the bet?

If you are saying that I would get to create your sig line and/or avatar if I win, you're on.

That is correct. I say that when the SCOTUS issues their ruling this summer, my marriage will be valid in all 50 states. You say it will not be. The loser of the bet will sport the avatar or signature for one month following the ruling. Do we have an accord, sir?

Absolutely, you should be careful what you wish for, and what you bet on. You are letting pride and emotion override common sense. But thats fine. Be sure to let us know as soon as Alabama recognizes your "marriage".

OK, now, lets go back to the OP. Its a misstatement (intentional of course). Virtually no one opposes gay rights. Being opposed to gay marriage is not being opposed to gay rights any more than being opposed to polygamy is being opposed to the rights of polygamists.

In either case, marriage is not a right.

Do we have an accord Fishy? The bet is my marriage will be valid in all 50 states when the SCOTUS rules. The loser will sport the signature or avatar of the winners choice for 30 days. Do we have a bet?

>

Recommend you guys agree on specific terms before agreeing, then the agreement can be bookmarked:

3. Does the term extend for ever day that the poster does not post on the board? How many post's per day are required to qualify as a "posting day"?)

>>>>

none of your business, the deal has been made. 30 days, avatar and/or sig at the winners option.

Absolutely, you should be careful what you wish for, and what you bet on. You are letting pride and emotion override common sense. But thats fine. Be sure to let us know as soon as Alabama recognizes your "marriage".

Sorry Fishy, but you don't get any illegal activities loopholes. The SCOTUS is going to rule my marriage valid in all 50 states, that's the bet, take it or leave it.

>

>>>>

none of your business, the deal has been made. 30 days, avatar and/or sig at the winners option.

Then conduct business via PM instead of the open boards. You post it, it's pubic.

They were just suggestions because I've seen people make bets before and ignore them when they loose or run away and not post for the required period so as have to honor their word.

>>>>

Sorry Fishy, but you don't get any illegal activities loopholes. The SCOTUS is going to rule my marriage valid in all 50 states, that's the bet, take it or leave it.

Do you understand what the word "absolutely" means? How many times do I have to agree? But for clarity the bet ends when SC rules this summer, meaning before 8/1/2015.

>

>>>>

Then conduct business via PM instead of the open boards. You post it, it's pubic.

They were just suggestions because I've seen people make bets before and ignore them when they loose or run away and not post for the required period so as have to honor their word.

>>>>

you made your point. Wytchey and I are both honest people, we will abide by the terms of the bet.

Gay Community Update: Three-Way March 06, 2015

ThreeMarriage.jpg

OK. I see that you are trying to create a loophole so you can say that your CA marriage is "recognized" in all states vs "legal" in all states. I will bet on "legal", because I think you already have recognition in all states.

Do you understand what the word "absolutely" means? How many times do I have to agree? But for clarity the bet ends when SC rules this summer, meaning before 8/1/2015.

You have to agree without trying to wiggle out because Alabama refuses to abide by a Federal Courts ruling.

Here is what we are agreeing on, for the record. When the SCOTUS announces their ruling this summer, it will (at the very least) make my civil marriage valid and recognized in all 50 states. You disagree. The loser will sport the avatar or signature (winners choice) of the winner for a full 30 days, posting as normal.

There are many "rights" covered under the banner "Gay Rights." Marriage is just one issue, it does not encompass all rights.

I also think one can oppose Same Sex Marriage without "hating" anyone. I oppose Same Sex Marriage simply because marriage is a union between a man and a woman established by God and not Government. Governments around the world copied their laws concerning marriage after Gods Law. As for other rights being granted to gays, I'm fine with that. I'm not convinced that "marriage" is a "right," as in protected by the Constitution, would have to see the Constitutional language on that. People who assume anyone opposed to Same Sex Marriage hates gays is simply wrong. Now, there are some wing nuts out there, but they do not represent the opinions of all who oppose SSM.

You have to agree without trying to wiggle out because Alabama refuses to abide by a Federal Courts ruling.

Here is what we are agreeing on, for the record. When the SCOTUS announces their ruling this summer, it will (at the very least) make my civil marriage valid and recognized in all 50 states. You disagree. The loser will sport the avatar or signature (winners choice) of the winner for a full 30 days, posting as normal.

Come on, Fishy...you've got to agree without trying to wiggle out because Alabama has a history of defying Federal law.

No one opposes gay rights. Gays have exactly the same rights as everyone else. What gays want are not rights but the liberty to marry whom they choose. I am for all rights and liberties.

No one opposes gay rights. Gays have exactly the same rights as everyone else. What gays want are not rights but the liberty to marry whom they choose. I am for all rights and liberties.

And yet the Supreme Court has ruled over a dozen times that marriage is a fundamental right, not a fundamental liberty.

Come on, Fishy...you've got to agree without trying to wiggle out because Alabama has a history of defying Federal law.

You offered the bet that your california marriage would be legally valid in all states by this summer. Thats the bet, agree and stop with the word games.

If SCOTUS makes the ruling you want, I will guarantee that Alabama will not be the only state taking issue with it.

So, do we have a bet or not?

Forum List

Back