People who oppose Gay Rights, why do you oppose them?

STOP this BS

no one OPOSSES homosexual rights. this thread should be moved that title is a lie

I agree. I find it hard to believe anyone advocates discrimination against gays, but I do oppose giving them special treatment and accommodations.
I have no problem with civil unions that give homosexuals the same legal rights as heterosexual married couples.

...Can your state arbitrarily deny you the right to marry, without cause, while allowing others of equal status in your state to get married?
Good point.

And it raises another.

Should sexual perverts be considered Equal?

Certainly, if their choice of sexual activity cannot be shown to be a harm to others.

Should hunting be outlawed because a certain segment of American society consider it perverted?

If they want to get pretend married let them, just keep it the hell away from children

My point being, they have the same rights as everybody else.

No extra-special rights, or "let's rename things so we can get in on this action that has nothing to do with who we are or what we do" rights.

What's extra special about having the right to marry the person you want to marry, which is the right of heterosexuals, but not homosexuals?

Marriage is not a right

The Supreme Court of the United States of America (you're heard of them, yes?) has declared marriage a fundamental right on no less than three occasions and by some reports as many as 14 occasions. Now, you are free to disagree with their rulings, but as it stands right now, marriage is a declared fundamental right. Here are three cases you can research:

Loving v Virgina
Turner v Safley
Zablocki v Wisconsin

So, in order to deny this fundamental right to gays and lesbians, you must be able to demonstrate a societal harm in allowing them. Go!

(Sassy claims to be ignoring me so if NYcarbineer would be so kind to respond, Ms Lass will be sure to see it)

marriage is a fundamental right for one man and one woman. None of those cases says that gay marriage is a fundamental right.

If thats what you want, pass a fricken law.

Don't have to...the SCOTUS is taking care of it just like they did in the cases I cited.

No extra-special rights, or "let's rename things so we can get in on this action that has nothing to do with who we are or what we do" rights.

What's extra special about having the right to marry the person you want to marry, which is the right of heterosexuals, but not homosexuals?

Marriage is not a right

The Supreme Court of the United States of America (you're heard of them, yes?) has declared marriage a fundamental right on no less than three occasions and by some reports as many as 14 occasions. Now, you are free to disagree with their rulings, but as it stands right now, marriage is a declared fundamental right. Here are three cases you can research:

Loving v Virgina
Turner v Safley
Zablocki v Wisconsin

So, in order to deny this fundamental right to gays and lesbians, you must be able to demonstrate a societal harm in allowing them. Go!

(Sassy claims to be ignoring me so if NYcarbineer would be so kind to respond, Ms Lass will be sure to see it)

marriage is a fundamental right for one man and one woman. None of those cases says that gay marriage is a fundamental right.

Don't have to...the SCOTUS is taking care of it just like they did in the cases I cited.
Yes...

SCOTUS...

Judicial Activism at its worst and most wrong-headed...

Time may fix that...

Given a more Conservative SCOTUS of the not-too-distant future...

Meanwhile, resistance against the Gay Mafia continues...

Serious replies only!!
I do not want to offend anyone, so keep your rude comments to yourself. I just want to understand why someone would oppose gay marriage and such, so I figured this was the best way to go about it.
Why are gays hated in America?
gay-rights_14076.jpg
[/

Putting aside opposition on religious grounds(that's another subject) civil unions should be the way to go. My problem with elements of the gay community are issues like 'hate crimes'. which I will NEVER believe in. Also if one understands the difference between tolerance and acceptance the situation might be more manageable (and I may well be mistaken on that point).

Serious replies only!!
I do not want to offend anyone, so keep your rude comments to yourself. I just want to understand why someone would oppose gay marriage and such, so I figured this was the best way to go about it.
Why are gays hated in America?

Putting aside opposition on religious grounds(that's another subject) civil unions should be the way to go. My problem with elements of the gay community are issues like 'hate crimes'. which I will NEVER believe in. Also if one understands the difference between tolerance and acceptance the situation might be more manageable (and I may well be mistaken on that point).
gay-rights_14076.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Because I know the true agenda of the Margaret Sanger/Hitler eugenicist progressives concerning gays:

Trick them into revealing themselves and registering their homosexual affliction with the state via marriage.

Once the great majority of gays are identified via the public school system or state approved marriages, they'll have a list of all the gay people to round up and exterminate.

Neither the right nor left will miss them.

This is why I no longer oppose gay marriage/gay rights. Please identify yourselves for the state. I fully endorse gay rights.

Marriage is not a right

Loving v Virgina
Turner v Safley
Zablocki v Wisconsin

sorry, but SCOTUS does not make law. Activist district judges may try, but SCOTUS does not.

You are going to lose this, the SCOTUS will leave it to the states and the people, as it should be

Marriage is not a right

Loving v Virgina
Turner v Safley
Zablocki v Wisconsin

sorry, but SCOTUS does not make law. Activist district judges may try, but SCOTUS does not.

You are going to lose this, the SCOTUS will leave it to the states and the people, as it should be

The SCOTUS isn't making law, they are ruling anti gay laws unconstitutiional. That's their job.

Marriage is not a right

Loving v Virgina
Turner v Safley
Zablocki v Wisconsin

The SCOTUS isn't making law, they are ruling anti gay laws unconstitutiional. That's their job.

There are no anti-gay laws.

Loving v Virgina
Turner v Safley
Zablocki v Wisconsin

Right...all these rulings across all these states have just been a JR/Dallas dream. :lol:

Closing your eyes and pretending something isn't there does not make it go away.

You want to make a bet that by the end of summer my civil marriage will be valid in all 50 states? I know it will be.

Right...all these rulings across all these states have just been a JR/Dallas dream. :lol:

Closing your eyes and pretending something isn't there does not make it go away.

You want to make a bet that by the end of summer my civil marriage will be valid in all 50 states? I know it will be.

Yes, I'll take that bet. how about $5K?

Sig lines or avatars Fishy, sig lines or avatars. The choice is yours.

is that your way of ducking the bet that you proposed?

No, I'm just not going to bet money with you. That would entail having to find out personal information about you and vice versa. Not happening. Signatures or avatars. Care to take the bet?

Should put a 30-day self imposed ban from posting as USMB on the table. Not being able to comment on the ruling - now that would be sum'tin.

>>>>

And miss something like Rottweiler's meltdown over the Windsor ruling? Hell to the no.

I have seen some chickenshits that lose the bet and just don't post for the time period they are sporting their new siggy or pic.

No, I'm just not going to bet money with you. That would entail having to find out personal information about you and vice versa. Not happening. Signatures or avatars. Care to take the bet?

If you are saying that I would get to create your sig line and/or avatar if I win, you're on.

Forum List

Back