People Who Edit Other's Posts in Replies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic but something is going on with this forum today. It is taking forever for stuff to load and it it is hard to scroll through posts and you have to wait a good 10 seconds after clicking the reply box before you can actually type.

Not happening to me at all. What browser are you using. I have been having lots of slow down problems with FF lately, so I quit using it. I have Chrome, and got Opera about a week ago when I saw Ringel05 talking about it. It is lightening fast.

Avast SafeZone I use it because of lots of problems with other browsers have with shockwave crashes.
Biggest problem with Shockwave crashes are typically update related. Shockwave had a bug that Adobe has since fixed so if all your browser versions are current it should work without any problems, if not there are ways to fix it in many older browser versions.

I can't remember if I started a thread about his before, but I think there should be a forum rule against people editing out part of a person's quote when using it in a reply. I see people do it all the time in order to use it to their advantage and make the quote look out of context. You'll have people argue that they only want to reply to part of the quote... but why can't you do that and still quote the whole post? Nothing is stopping you. It actually takes more effort to go in and edit out part of the quote than just to quote the whole thing.

So some people like to break up quotes and answer it in sections, point by point. I get that, but that is not the same thing as what I'm complaining about here.

I've been told that it is against the rules for someone to edit someone's quote in a reply to make it out of context, BUT it is on a situation by situation basis and therefor is up to the judgment of whatever mod that so happens to read your ticket. There really is no need to even do that, just make it so that it is against the rules to edit someone's quote in a replay...get rid of the whole idea of everything being a judgment call and a crap shoot on what mod you get reviewing the situation.
Oh bullshit, you little squealing girl. You've accused me of that before when all I did was quote the portion I responded to. It makes no sense to requote entire posts. If someone is really that curious they can go back and look. Problem is, you lose too many arguments. Arguments you create for the most part.

Oh look, the troll with personal attacks even shows up in the Announcements and feedback portion of the board. Hey stalker, what did I have for breakfast this morning?

And yes, you cut my quote down to only a few words so you could manipulate the context of it to your advantage. It's dishonest..and well...

Sorry Kat and Coyote but I'm calling this out as exactly what I'm talking about. I know you aren't the only mods, but I reported this post almost 3 hours ago when it was posted and it is still up. In the screen shot you can see the original post and then the next post by LaDexter with my quote edited so he can make a smart ass comment. He did it on two different posts of mine in that thread, and has edited down the posts of several others in that thread as well.

Edited%20Quote_zpsm16kb8w8.png

Alright, a couple of things here. Quotes can't be altered so as to alter the poster's intended meaning and this has occurred. This particular issue has now been discussed as far as it can go in this thread and is now resolved.

As far as reports go - we've had a huge number of reports to go through, and we do our best so please be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back