CDZ People have short memories

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
I suspect that most of the folks on this site never saw this advertisement when it first aired.

The ad could very well be aired today with regard to Trump.

Note:
The themes of this thread are:

• how history repeats itself
  • the nature and extent of soul searching conscientious and cogently thinking Republicans/conservatives must do in light of the extancies of Trump's campaign and potential nomination to the Presidency by the Republican party
Please stay on and address the topic and it's themes....not things that are only obliquely related to the video, it's central theme or even its tacit themes.

Last edited:
I suspect that most of the folks on this site never saw this advertisement when it first aired.

Damn! This should've been played during Bill Cosby Clinton campaign, then we wouldn't have put a misogynist rapist in the White House along with Senator Byrd as well as the democrats who voted against Civil Rights:

OB-JB075_11byrd_H_20100628074822.jpg

Screenshot-2016-03-02-at-12.03.25-PM.png

Conservative_meme_on_race.jpg

What exactly would you like to discuss in this thread?

It seems the common point of departure should be to understand why elective mistakes are made and how they are later amended (in this case specifically by Republicans), and if there might be a more consistent stable approach to choosing State representatives along with being an overall better citizen.

Ideally, the nature and extent of soul searching conscientious and cogently thinking Republicans/conservatives must do in light of the extancies of Trump's campaign and potential nomination to the Presidency by the Republican party.

Ideally, the nature and extent of soul searching conscientious and cogently thinking Republicans/conservatives must do in light of the extancies of Trump's campaign and potential nomination to the Presidency by the Republican party.

Simple.

Short memory is what may happen before we put our cognitions to rest and recovery of any physical damage, which may happen if certain energies have been absorbed and not properly released to be transformed in beneficial energies to the independent political citizen itself and the political constitution of civilization. A good example is the clapping of hands. That is what happens in short memory and needs not be obsessed about to be maintained over our long memories. In case the obsessions do happen and it impedes somehow the function of long memory we should be allowed to continue engaging with our short memories however we might be doing it by ensuring our harmless activities (in case they might be tending towards any kind of harm).

Last edited:
We will have an election in November, and voters should vote for the person who they believe will make the best president regardless of party. There will be many people running for president, but for most the choice will be between the republican or the democrat nominee. I am no fan of Mr. Trump; however, is he more dangerous than Mrs. Clinton?

We will have an election in November, and voters should vote for the person who they believe will make the best president regardless of party. There will be many people running for president, but for most the choice will be between the republican or the democrat nominee. I am no fan of Mr. Trump; however, is he more dangerous than Mrs. Clinton?

" I am no fan of Mr. Trump; however, is he more dangerous than Mrs. Clinton?"
Yes. Hillary is the conservative choice. A completely co-opted political animal, beholden to everyone in the power establishment. Trump is the equivalent of kicking over the table, cause the other guys are holding all the aces. Not necessarily a bad strategy, but the results are predictably chaotic, and the aftermath is completely unpredictable.

Washington has a systemic cancer, and you want to send them Trump? Why? What do you think will happen once he get there? He's offered no specifics whatsoever. Do you imagine he'll get a Trump-friendly congress? What positive changes do you imagine he'll bring, and how do you think he will accomplish them?

How about "just as dangerous"?

Note:
The themes of this thread are:

• how history repeats itself
  • the nature and extent of soul searching conscientious and cogently thinking Republicans/conservatives must do in light of the extancies of Trump's campaign and potential nomination to the Presidency by the Republican party
Please stay on and address the topic and it's themes....not things that are only obliquely related to the video, it's central theme or even its tacit themes.

Another common theme you failed to mention is that fear mongering is as alive today as it was back then.

If he is danger

" I am no fan of Mr. Trump; however, is he more dangerous than Mrs. Clinton?"
Yes. Hillary is the conservative choice. A completely co-opted political animal, beholden to everyone in the power establishment. Trump is the equivalent of kicking over the table, cause the other guys are holding all the aces. Not necessarily a bad strategy, but the results are predictably chaotic, and the aftermath is completely unpredictable.

Washington has a systemic cancer, and you want to send them Trump? Why? What do you think will happen once he get there? He's offered no specifics whatsoever. Do you imagine he'll get a Trump-friendly congress? What positive changes do you imagine he'll bring, and how do you think he will accomplish them?

if he is dangerous, then we do not want a Trump friendly congress. I will probably vote 3rd party. Since I live in a very red state, Trump if nominated will probably win my states electoral votes regardless of my one little vote.

Let's be fair...what are her comments at the end of the video?

The woman plainly says, "I misspoke." She owned the fact that what she said about "landing under sniper fire" wasn't at all accurate and recanted. She offered zero "spin" pertaining to it, saying, "I don't know what I was thinking."

I've said it time and time again, part of having integrity is "owning one's sh*t." She did that, and frankly, that's enough. What else is there to do when one is wrong and knows it? Have you seen Trump exhibit similar integrity with his 87 mostly false, false, and purely fictional remarks? I haven't.

So, yes, Trump is more dangerous than Clinton because not only will he lie in every way one can, great and small, he won't even own the fact that he does/did and recant. On the contrary, he digs in, standing on his lies, yelling them ever more loudly and more often, and apparently thinks his doing so will convince us that his version of events is the truth. I'm sorry, but anyone who routinely lies scares me, particularly if they hold high political office.

Last edited:

The woman plainly says, "I misspoke." She owned the fact that what she said about "landing under sniper fire" wasn't at all accurate and recanted. She offered zero "spin" pertaining to it, saying, "I don't know what I was thinking."

I've said it time and time again, part of having integrity is "owning one's sh*t." She did that, and frankly, that's enough. What else is there to do when one is wrong and knows it? Have you seen Trump exhibit similar integrity with his 87 mostly false, false, and purely fictional remarks? I haven't.

So, yes, Trump is more dangerous than Clinton because not only will he lie in every way one can, great and small, he won't even own the fact that he does/did and recant. On the contrary, he digs in, standing on his lies, yelling them ever more loudly and more often, and apparently thinks his doing so will convince us that his version of events is the truth. I'm sorry, but anyone who routinely lies scares me, particularly if they hold high political office.

She did own up to this one. But there was no way out of this one. She was busted and had no where else to go. Now lets see how she does with the email scandal. Talk about digging in!

She did own up to this one. But there was no way out of this one. She was busted and had no where else to go. Now lets see how she does with the email scandal. Talk about digging in!

Well, even reading the details pertaining to her emails, it's not at all clear to me that she did something wrong. What is clear to me is that there, for now at least, the appearance of impropriety, but not any actual impropriety. That said, we know that not always where there is smoke is there fire, and not all that glitters is gold.

Looking at the mostly false, false and purely fictional remarks from Mrs. Clinton and Trump, the two front runners, one sees 48 for her and 88 for him. (He's uttered one more falsehood since I last wrote about his lying in this thread. LOL) I'm not keen to engage in a "who's worse" discussion about them when neither of their records on those dimensions are what I consider good. It's like asking me which is worse, eating haggis or chodofu.

Looking at the other side of the coin, true and mostly true statements each of the frontrunners has made, one sees 89 from Mrs. Clinton, of which 42 are wholly true, and 10 from Trump, of which two are wholly true. From that angle, there's no contest, at least not for me. Trumpeteers, apparently, feel those 10 remarks outweigh everything else in the world. :rolleyes:

I ignore half truths (36-C; 16-T) for the obvious reason: they are in equal measure true and false.

Looking at the entirety of what Trump has said that is wholly true, as I said, there are two such statements:
  • Trump said that a Youtube video depicts a man "dragging the American flag on the ground like it was a piece of garbage."
  • Trump said that the U.S. "doesn’t make television sets anymore."
That's it for wholly and unquestionably true from Trump. Whole lot of depth and awareness of what's going on in our nation shown in those two statements. I wonder what he'd say in his first State of the Union address and that is also 100% true. Perhaps he's tell us it's cold in Alaska and that as a result there is a lot of snow on the ground there. LOL

Compare that with some Mrs. Clinton's 100% accurate remarks:
I'll leave it to individuals to read the remaining remarks of both that are mostly true (or true in Mrs. Clinton's case). I think that looking over Trump's mostly true statements, one will find that many of them (although "many" in his case is a relative thing, for there aren't actually many of them) are of no greater value than "yes, and, so what....tell me something a ten year old doesn't know or that I should actually care about."

320:
Is this statement really 100% accurate.

"African-Americans are more likely to be arrested by police and sentenced to longer prison terms for doing the same thing that whites do."

On the surface, this may seem accurate, but why? Do African-Americans have a higher crime rate within their population or not? What are the reasons for longer sentences? Is it because they cannot as easily afford good attorneys. Is it because they have longer records and thus harsher sentences. Is it because of white privilege?

Forum List

Back