Pelosi say WHAT?????????????

Terry

Shut the $%$ Up!
Jan 15, 2009
How can anyone defend this comment. I mean this is just laughable and disgusting.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To]YouTube - Pelosi: we have to pass the health care bill so that you can find out what is in it[/ame]

Scroll down to the 30th paragraph.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi | News Room | Press Releases

“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.

Transparency? Posting the Bill for all to read before voted on? Yeah she is all for that right?

Here's the transcript of her remarks starting with healthcare reform:

“As you are in Washington this week, we stand at the doorstep of history, ready to realize a centuries old dream, started by a Republican President, Teddy Roosevelt. He was the one who started this country thinking in this direction, and we are deeply in his dept. But, we are a hundred years late. A century old dream of health care for all, and we will be prepared to send the bill to President Obama’s desk that ensures affordability for the middle class, accountability for the insurance companies, and access for millions more Americans, tens of millions more.

“Nobody knows better than you the strain on hospitals that never turned a patient away, and health care providers grappling with the challenges of the uninsured and shrinking reimbursement. You know as well as anyone, that our current system is unsustainable. It’s unsustainable to individuals and their families. It’s unsustainable for small businesses. It’s unsustainable for your communities. It’s unsustainable for our state, local, and national budgets.

“President Obama said, one year ago, when he called the first bipartisan, on March 5th of last year, the first bipartisan House and Senate meeting together with many outside stakeholders together at the White House, to find a way for us to come together. And at that time, he said: ‘Health care reform is entitlement reform.’ We cannot sustain the upward spiral of the increases in health care and what that means in Medicare and what it means in Medicaid. So from the standpoint of our national budget, and for your budgets, the current system, as I said, is unsustainable.

“Again, it’s unaffordable for families, individuals and families, for businesses of any size, and it is a cost to our economy. Imagine an economy where people could follow their aspirations, where they could be entrepreneurial, where they could take risks professionally because personally their families health care needs are being met. Where they could be self-employed or start a business, not be job-locked in a job because they have health care there, and if they went out on their own it would be unaffordable to them, but especially true, if someone has a child with a pre-existing condition. So when we pass our bill, never again will people be denied coverage because they have a pre-existing condition.

“We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals.

“You’ve heard about the controversies within the bill, the process about the bill, one or the other. But I don’t know if you have heard that it is legislation for the future, not just about health care for America, but about a healthier America, where preventive care is not something that you have to pay a deductible for or out of pocket. Prevention, prevention, prevention—it’s about diet, not diabetes. It’s going to be very, very exciting.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation—innovation begins in the classroom—clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform. Health insurance reform is about jobs. This legislation alone will create 4 million jobs, about 400,000 jobs very soon.

“We must have the courage, though, to get the job done. We have the ideas. We have the commitment. We have the dedication. We know the urgency. Now we have to have the courage to get the job done. So proud that President Obama is taking the message so forcefully to the American people! This is long overdue, a hundred years.

“The challenges we face, the health, the education, the education of our children, the economic well-being of their families, the safety of neighborhoods, all of this, all roads lead to you. The challenges we all face are too great though for each of us to face them alone. We need to form the partnerships, strengthen partnerships at every level of government and with committed and compassionate leaders to understand that the need to focus on the next generation, we need to focus on the next generation, not the next election.

“With that in mind and with great enthusiasm and a sense of history that we have of this responsibility to ensure that health care in America is a right not a privilege; let us move forward in the spirit of restoring and strengthening our partnership, and finding solutions in difficult times. In so doing, we will realize the dream of a brighter future. Thank you for all that you do to make that so.

I'll take full context for $200, Alex.

Here you go:

... “President Obama said, one year ago, when he called the first bipartisan, on March 5th of last year, the first bipartisan House and Senate meeting together with many outside stakeholders together at the White House, to find a way for us to come together. And at that time, he said: ‘Health care reform is entitlement reform.’ We cannot sustain the upward spiral of the increases in health care and what that means in Medicare and what it means in Medicaid. So from the standpoint of our national budget, and for your budgets, the current system, as I said, is unsustainable.

“Again, it’s unaffordable for families, individuals and families, for businesses of any size, and it is a cost to our economy. Imagine an economy where people could follow their aspirations, where they could be entrepreneurial, where they could take risks professionally because personally their families health care needs are being met. Where they could be self-employed or start a business, not be job-locked in a job because they have health care there, and if they went out on their own it would be unaffordable to them, but especially true, if someone has a child with a pre-existing condition. So when we pass our bill, never again will people be denied coverage because they have a pre-existing condition.

“We have to do this in partnership, and I wanted to bring up to date on where we see it from here. The final health care legislation that will soon be passed by Congress will deliver successful reform at the local level. It will offer paid for investments that will improve health care services and coverage for millions more Americans. It will make significant investments in innovation, prevention, wellness and offer robust support for public health infrastructure. It will dramatically expand investments into community health centers. That means a dramatic expansion in the number of patients community health centers can see and ultimately healthier communities. Our bill will significantly reduce uncompensated care for hospitals.

“But we have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy. Furthermore, we believe that health care reform, again I said at the beginning of my remarks, that we sent the three pillars that the President’s economic stabilization and job creation initiatives were education and innovation—innovation begins in the classroom—clean energy and climate, addressing the climate issues in an innovative way to keep us number one and competitive in the world with the new technology, and the third, first among equals I may say, is health care, health insurance reform. Health insurance reform is about jobs. This legislation alone will create 4 million jobs, about 400,000 jobs very soon.

“We must have the courage, though, to get the job done. We have the ideas. We have the commitment. We have the dedication. We know the urgency. Now we have to have the courage to get the job done. So proud that President Obama is taking the message so forcefully to the American people! This is long overdue, a hundred years.

“The challenges we face, the health, the education, the education of our children, the economic well-being of their families, the safety of neighborhoods, all of this, all roads lead to you. The challenges we all face are too great though for each of us to face them alone. We need to form the partnerships, strengthen partnerships at every level of government and with committed and compassionate leaders to understand that the need to focus on the next generation, we need to focus on the next generation, not the next election.

“With that in mind and with great enthusiasm and a sense of history that we have of this responsibility to ensure that health care in America is a right not a privilege; let us move forward in the spirit of restoring and strengthening our partnership, and finding solutions in difficult times. In so doing, we will realize the dream of a brighter future. Thank you for all that you do to make that so.

“Thank you NACo, for the opportunity to be with you. On behalf of my colleagues in the Congress, I welcome you to Washington, D.C. I hope we will see you on Capitol Hill. We want your advocacy either here or from home.

“Thank you, Valerie Brown, for the invitation to be here. Thank you all.”

If it was the R's doing this crap I would be just as outraged, but it is just fine and dandy to you left progressives after all "the end justify the means" Nothing is transparent in this administration and congress but the left on this board have been nothing but transparent.

Comeon now Art. Don't rain on Terry's partisan parade this morning.
You just proved my point, you're so transparent. Pot Meet Kettle, Sarah.

Terry, once healthcare reform is passed, it will win or lose on it's own merit. I contend Republicans don't want to see it succeed and thus pick apart every positive comment anyone, not just Pelosi, have to say about it.

Terry, once healthcare reform is passed, it will win or lose on it's own merit. I contend Republicans don't want to see it succeed and thus pick apart every positive comment anyone, not just Pelosi, have to say about it.
any bill no matter what the subject of it is that is kept hidden from the American people is a bad BILL...if it is so good why is it being kept from it being viewed. Common sense only needs to be applied here not partisanship like you are spewing with your typical statement.

If it was a PRO-GUN, PRO LIFE bill I and it was R's behind this I would be just as outraged. You should be ashamed of yourself for being a sheep.

any bill no matter what the subject of it is that is kept hidden from the American people is a bad BILL...if it is so good why is it being kept from it being viewed. Common sense only needs to be applied here not partisanship like you are spewing with your typical statement.

If it was a PRO-GUN, PRO LIFE bill I and it was R's behind this I would be just as outraged. You should be ashamed of yourself for being a sheep.

So what was it that Cantor had piled up in front of him at the whitehouse summit if nobody has seen the bill.

Yours are talking points, Terry. Like I said, it will succeed or fail on it's own merits. I think it will succeed.

We have to wait until after its passed to see what's in it? I woke up to something on the news that said they attached a college entitlement to the new bill. Does anyone know anything about this?

We have to wait until after its passed to see what's in it? I woke up to something on the news that said they attached a college entitlement to the new bill. Does anyone know anything about this?

Something on the news but you didn't listen.. Prime example of why Republicans don't know anything. Not knowing anything isn't the best argument.

They aren't tacking anything on, it has to pass the house as is. This has been explained many times but the party of no has their fingers in their ears again.

watching the insurance cabal's stocks spike up is all i really need to know about this bill

I thought it was an extremely stupid thing to say.

We already don't trust these people...and they want us to trust them...let them pass this piece of shit...and then wait to see what's going to happen.

I'm sorry, I didn't think anyone could be this gullible.

I don't think allowing them to set us up for God only knows what in the future makes a whole heck of a lot of sense....especially after what we've witnessed the last year or so.

Maybe everyone needs to be less trusting of these jerks in Washington and learn to question them instead of swallowing this crap from them time after time. Because regardless of what they do nothing seems to ever improve. In all seriousness, how can you expect much of anything from a bunch of politicians who can't tell shit from Shinola.

Last edited:

I thought it was an extremely stupid thing to say.

We already don't trust these people...and they want us to trust them...let them pass this piece of shit...and then wait to see what's going to happen.

Sorry, because they can't be trusted that is about as stupid as you can get.

I don't think allowing them to set us up for God only knows what in the future makes a whole heck of a lot of sense....especially after what we've witnessed the last year or so.

How do Rs know it's a piece of shit if it's being hidden or nobody knows what is in it?

How can anyone synopsize a 2000 page bill Sarah? I read those who say it's Social fascism, to those that claim it's Corporate totaltarianism. No matter what they TELL us , a few constants apply to this (or any) controversial bill

1) Follow the $$$ , and any bias is revealed

2) Congress will be exempt from it

3) An investigative committee is formed before the sunset rule to revisit the details

Please learn the difference between wanting health care reform and wanting the democrats version of health care reform.

Please learn the difference between wanting health care reform and wanting the democrats version of health care reform.

:lol: You all are beside yourselves over this. Just relax and let the Democrats take the heavy lifting here, party of no brains.

Forum List

Back