Pelosi Heckled BY lefties At DC Event

If he wants to be a sexist moron then let him. Who are you to say different? Is there a rule that says you can't be a sexist moron?

You know, in my day, we had something called manners, I was raised with them, you could say.

I guess people don't wish to be civil to people they've never met or spoken to before.

This is the internet buddy, not your momma's dinner table. Get with the program.

All kiddin' aside, I was wondering why one person was singled out for abusive language when much worse has been said. I mean the guy wasn't personally attacking anyone, he was talking about the idiots on the video clip in a very colorful (yet distasteful to some) manner.

Fair enough, but keep in mind, while the guy wasn't personally attacking anyone, he was still painting broad strokes and horribly nasty names at people he's never met or talked to. Manners apply everywhere, you don't just stop using them because you're not personally insulting someone. You generally don't call women 'bitches and whores,' even if they're being rude. Same goes for men, actually.

He got singled out because that was the first page I saw when I clicked on the thread link. If anyone did it worse earlier, I'd have wondered where there manners are too. Why anyone else did, well I'm not them, so I can't say.

What part doesn't make sense? The fact that I've seen personal attacks and name calling on USMB and this is the frist time I've seen a mod interject ? Or the fact that CG was called that aweful name and you were nowhere to be found?

I didn't use real big words so I don't understand your confusion. Perhaps it's my southern drawl that confuses you.

You know who the left are, you seem to be in lock step with them.

You are confused. Did you see any red lettering to my post? I'm posting as a poster in this thread, not as a mod. You need to learn to separate or least know the difference between Modbert the Poster and Modbert the Moderator.

You both look alike to me.

You know, in my day, we had something called manners, I was raised with them, you could say.

I guess people don't wish to be civil to people they've never met or spoken to before.

This is the internet buddy, not your momma's dinner table. Get with the program.

All kiddin' aside, I was wondering why one person was singled out for abusive language when much worse has been said. I mean the guy wasn't personally attacking anyone, he was talking about the idiots on the video clip in a very colorful (yet distasteful to some) manner.

Fair enough, but keep in mind, while the guy wasn't personally attacking anyone, he was still painting broad strokes and horribly nasty names at people he's never met or talked to. Manners apply everywhere, you don't just stop using them because you're not personally insulting someone. You generally don't call women 'bitches and whores,' even if they're being rude. Same goes for men, actually.

He got singled out because that was the first page I saw when I clicked on the thread link. If anyone did it worse earlier, I'd have wondered where there manners are too. Why anyone else did, well I'm not them, so I can't say.

So? That's the beauty of freedom of speech. Being able to speak freely! If it offends your sensibilities, then don't read anymore of his post. Or turn off your computer and watch cartoons.

But seriously, I'm assuming we're all adults here and can handle a few choice words now and then. But who are you to determine the manner in which people should conduct themselves and what manners if any they should apply? You honestly can't expect everyone to live up to your holier than thou standards. If that's what you expect then you're surely going to be dissappointed.

So? That's the beauty of freedom of speech. Being able to speak freely! If it offends your sensibilities, then don't read anymore of his post. Or turn off your computer and watch cartoons.

But seriously, I'm assuming we're all adults here and can handle a few choice words now and then. But who are you to determine the manner in which people should conduct themselves and what manners if any they should apply? You honestly can't expect everyone to live up to your holier than thou standards. If that's what you expect then you're surely going to be dissappointed.

Well, you said it yourself. We're all adults here. I should we'd act like it, we're not a bunch of dumb preteens. As to what manners are, well, they generally boil down to being respectful towards people, treating them as they are, actual people. Treating them decent, offering hospitality to a friend who asks for it, keep your elbows off the table, stuff like that. At least that's generally how it works in American society.

At any rate, no one's stopping him from calling whoever he wants 'whores' or 'bitches.' I'm certainly not. But if he wants mutual respect, and to be taken seriously, I'd think he'd do best to drop the terms. Most adults wouldn't exactly like for someone to call a group of women bitches or whores.

But maybe the way I was raised and the community I live in is an isolated case. Maybe in the rest of the country it's par the course in manners for women to be called whores and bitches.

Well, you said it yourself. We're all adults here. I should we'd act like it, we're not a bunch of dumb preteens. As to what manners are, well, they generally boil down to being respectful towards people, treating them as they are, actual people. Treating them decent, offering hospitality to a friend who asks for it, keep your elbows off the table, stuff like that. At least that's generally how it works in American society.

At any rate, no one's stopping him from calling whoever he wants 'whores' or 'bitches.' I'm certainly not. But if he wants mutual respect, and to be taken seriously, I'd think he'd do best to drop the terms. Most adults wouldn't exactly like for someone to call a group of women bitches or whores.

But maybe the way I was raised and the community I live in is an isolated case. Maybe in the rest of the country it's par the course in manners for women to be called whores and bitches.

In a perfect world that might actuallly be the case. But this is the internet and as wonderful as the World Wide Web is, it has it's downside, foul mouthed idiots are everywhere.

Good to have some manners and standards. Kudos to you. Some days I'd be happy with terms as mild as the ones you found offensive. Beware!

In a perfect world that might actuallly be the case. But this is the internet and as wonderful as the World Wide Web is, it has it's downside, foul mouthed idiots are everywhere.

I know, which is why I commented about manners in the first place.

I love it when people come to the site and then proceed to tell us how low brow we are.

It's reminiscent of the East Oregonian newspaper importing liberal editors from the east, who come and proceed to tell that community, via their editorials, what backward hicks they are and how they need to learn from the current editor.

I love it when people come to the site and then proceed to tell us how low brow we are.

It's reminiscent of the East Oregonian newspaper importing liberal editors from the east, who come and proceed to tell that community, via their editorials, what backward hicks they are and how they need to learn from the current editor.

east oregon, isn't that that backwards region of the US where they separate humans from animals by checking if they are circumcised.

Like who? Woyzeck was making a valid point about manners in general. This place constantly has rude sexists and racists making such comments. If people don't want others making valid criticism, then people shouldn't say stupid things in the first place.

Like who? Woyzeck was making a valid point about manners in general. This place constantly has rude sexists and racists making such comments. If people don't want others making valid criticism, then people shouldn't say stupid things in the first place.

Except then we'd never get to hear from you, Codbert.

east oregon, isn't that that backwards region of the US where they separate humans from animals by checking if they are circumcised.

No, we separate humans from animals by seeing who is able to use punctuation and capitalization properly.

No, we separate humans from animals by seeing who is able to use punctuation and capitalization properly.

one big zoo then.:lol:

You complain about someone telling you and the forum at whole you're lowbrow and then call someone an animal for not using punctuation?

black_kettle.jpg

Why Baba what a nice kettle you have here.

You complain about someone telling you and the forum at whole you're lowbrow and then call someone an animal for not using punctuation?

black_kettle.jpg

Why Baba what a nice kettle you have here.

nah, i started the animal shit. well, actually i did not.

haha

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-flame-zone/80409-unbelievable-level-of-stupid-2.html#post1311810

Forum List

Back