Former DC Metropolitan Police Department officer Michael Fanone says it's 'disgraceful' that only one GOP congressman appeared at a Capitol Hill event

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Former DC Metropolitan Police officer Michael Fanone on Friday blasted Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill for their paltry attendance at a remembrance ceremony honoring law enforcement officials who protected the complex during the Capitol riot, calling the lack of support "disgraceful."

Fanone, who served as a Metropolitan officer for roughly 20 years before resigning from the force in December 2021, told CNN that while he didn't like to paint anyone "with a broad brush," he criticized the GOP reaction to the event as "embarrassment" for the party.
Multiple outlets, including Insider, reported that only GOP congressman — Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania — was apparently in attendance at the Friday ceremony dominated by Democratic lawmakers.

"Over the past two years that I've been outspoken about January 6th, I have tried to walk a fine line when it comes to condemning Republicans," Fanone told CNN's Jake Tapper during an interview. "No one likes to be painted with a broad brush. Law enforcement certainly doesn't like that, and I don't believe that all Republicans are sympathetic to the MAGA agenda."

Why is the party of Law and Order not supporting Capitol police that were attacked on 1/6?

Are they afraid to speak out because it was their constituents that attacked the Capitol?

Or do they only support them when they are killing certain members of the community.

Republicans hate our Capitol and those who dare to defend it

1673191046097.jpeg

Former DC Metropolitan Police officer Michael Fanone on Friday blasted Republican lawmakers on Capitol Hill for their paltry attendance at a remembrance ceremony honoring law enforcement officials who protected the complex during the Capitol riot, calling the lack of support "disgraceful."

Fanone, who served as a Metropolitan officer for roughly 20 years before resigning from the force in December 2021, told CNN that while he didn't like to paint anyone "with a broad brush," he criticized the GOP reaction to the event as "embarrassment" for the party.
Multiple outlets, including Insider, reported that only GOP congressman — Brian Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania — was apparently in attendance at the Friday ceremony dominated by Democratic lawmakers.

"Over the past two years that I've been outspoken about January 6th, I have tried to walk a fine line when it comes to condemning Republicans," Fanone told CNN's Jake Tapper during an interview. "No one likes to be painted with a broad brush. Law enforcement certainly doesn't like that, and I don't believe that all Republicans are sympathetic to the MAGA agenda."

Why is the party of Law and Order not supporting Capitol police that were attacked on 1/6?

Are they afraid to speak out because it was their constituents that attacked the Capitol?

Or do they only support them when they are killing certain members of the community.
Fitzepatrick went to a democrat propaganda event? That dude has ZERO chance of being reelected now. What a fucking moron!!! :laugh:

For crying out loud it was a riot. It wasn't Pearl Harbor, it wasn't 911. No police officers died and they only did their job in trying to calm the situation which is what police are paid to do.

Did anybody in these leftist cities pay homage to all the police officers across the country that did the same trying to protect private property, city property, and lives over some pathetic dope head? No, they started a failed campaign of defunding the police. Had not the pubic speak out against it, that's exactly what they would have done too.

Forum List

Back