Paul Ryan's Record On Women's Health

J.E.D

Gold Member
Jul 28, 2011
Paul Ryan Sponsored Fetal Personhood Bill, Opposes Family Planning Funds

Despite Mitt Romney's efforts to court women voters ahead of November, he chose a running mate who is far outside the mainstream on women's health issues. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) cosponsored a bill that would give fetuses full personhood rights from the moment of fertilization, which was even rejected by voters in the socially conservative state of Mississippi. He voted to defund federal family planning programs, authored a budget that dismantles Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, all of which disproportionately aid and employ women, and voted multiple times to prevent women in the military from using their own money to pay for abortions at military hospitals.

Ryan also supported a highly controversial bill that Democrats nicknamed the "Let Women Die Act," which would have allowed hospitals to refuse to provide a woman emergency abortion care, even if her life is on the line.

Planned Parenthood Action Fund said in a statement on Saturday morning that Ryan has earned zero percent on its women's health voting scorecard, and other women's rights group expressed similar alarm.

• Banned
Well,

We've heard from two women on the board.

Next.

Say what you will; but women do vote, and Romney is already far behind Obama with that voting bloc. Ryan with his record won't help.

Well,

Next.

As a 65 yr. old woman, I am offended by many on the right who are passing legislation curtailing/restricting contraception and abortion rights (ie, the states and attempts in Congress). Although I was planning to vote for whoever the opposing candidate was running against Obama, the recent spate of negative legislation for women and the make up of the House (rep. majority with some very far right members) has made me not wanting to vote for repubs. Even then I was just going to sit out the election which I've never done before but after the Ryan pick, I think I'm going to vote for Obama. I'm tempted to write in a name but I don't think that will necessarily be a vote against Romney.

Despite Mitt Romney's efforts to court women voters ahead of November, he chose a running mate who is far outside the mainstream on women's health issues. Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) cosponsored a bill that would give fetuses full personhood rights from the moment of fertilization, which was even rejected by voters in the socially conservative state of Mississippi. He voted to defund federal family planning programs, authored a budget that dismantles Social Security, Medicaid and Medicare, all of which disproportionately aid and employ women, and voted multiple times to prevent women in the military from using their own money to pay for abortions at military hospitals.

Ryan also supported a highly controversial bill that Democrats nicknamed the "Let Women Die Act," which would have allowed hospitals to refuse to provide a woman emergency abortion care, even if her life is on the line.

Planned Parenthood Action Fund said in a statement on Saturday morning that Ryan has earned zero percent on its women's health voting scorecard, and other women's rights group expressed similar alarm.

Yeah, great VP pick…

And he supports anti-privacy measures declared un-Constitutional in Oklahoma, of all places.

Well,

Next.

As a 65 yr. old woman, I am offended by many on the right who are passing legislation curtailing/restricting contraception and abortion rights (ie, the states and attempts in Congress). Although I was planning to vote for whoever the opposing candidate was running against Obama, the recent spate of negative legislation for women and the make up of the House (rep. majority with some very far right members) has made me not wanting to vote for repubs. Even then I was just going to sit out the election which I've never done before but after the Ryan pick, I think I'm going to vote for Obama. I'm tempted to write in a name but I don't think that will necessarily be a vote against Romney.

Oh fuck off.

Well,

Next.

Oh please gramma.....if you want your grandaughter to kill her kids just say so.

KILL BABIES!!! KILL MORE BABIES!!! KILL ALL BABIES!!! GAY SEX!! GAY SEX!!! GAY SEX MORE GAY SEX!!!!
TAKE RICH PEOPLE"S MONEY!!! TAKE ALL THEIR MONEY!!! GIVE ME ....GIVE ME SOMEONE"S MONEY!!!

THIS is what DEMOCRATS are all about.

I'll admit that it should be legal in special cases, but it isn't an issue of anyones health. Killing babies because you can't keep your fucking pants pulled up is evil. I don't want to be part of a society that thinks an innocent life is nothing more than something to be killed.

What kind of a future are we making for ourselves? One that everything goes.

Last edited:
Can't debate the budgetary issue, eh?

Too bad....

No one cares about this but you and some ugly women.

Well,

Next.

Oh fuck off.

You go first!

Well,

Next.

Oh please gramma.....if you want your grandaughter to kill her kids just say so.

That's a really insightful comment! (not!) Actually I don't like abortion and think it should be used rarely but that is someone else's choice. I would likely never have had an abortion and what my granddaughter does is her choice, not mine to make. If I were asked by a young woman what she should do, I would mention about as many alternatives as I could to having an abortion but in the end, she should be able to choose.

Well,

Next.

:lol:I don't believe a word of it.......when you try and be something you're not, levae out the tells 'honey'.....:rolleyes:

You deliberately mistitled the thread, didn't you? Then you deliberately chose to jump on the Democratic bandwagon to misrepresent what HR 358 says.

Great job, you are defending communism.

Forum List

Back