Paul Ryan, "This isn't a budget, it's a "cause"."

Because caring about the budget would have meant they would have had to either foregone the wars,

or paid for them.

Can you imagine the GOP raising a couple trillion dollars in revenue to pay for 2 wars?

Remember, they were cutting taxes for the SECOND time while they planned and began the second war.

As I recall the Democrats controlled the House for 2 years before Obama was elected. They are the ones responsible for the budget from that time.
Another inconvenient fact.

Oh, so the GOP will be responsible for the 2011 and 2012 deficits?? What are they projected to be?

We don't know since no budget has been passed.
But it will be significantly lower than when the Dums ran things. Hell, at least the GOP will actually pass a budget, unlike the feckless weasels in the Dumocrapic Party.

That democratically controlled (for 2 years) house...did they start the illegal iraq war?
The war in Iraq is not illegal.

Do you have any idea how much that cost us?
Less than the -increase- in entitlement spending in The Obama's 1st year in office

Obama put that war on the books and THEN you guys decided to care.
The wars have always been 'on the books'.

Was it a deomocratically contolled senate as well? (honestly, I dont know, was it?)
You don't know who conrolled the house and senate 2007-2011?

Because caring about the budget would have meant they would have had to either foregone the wars,

or paid for them.

Can you imagine the GOP raising a couple trillion dollars in revenue to pay for 2 wars?

Remember, they were cutting taxes for the SECOND time while they planned and began the second war.
:blahblah:
The Obama's spending has made GWB look like Scrooge. on an especially miserly day.
Nothing you can possibly do or say will ever change that.
Obama has had to spend to try and get us out of the HOLE that GW dug.
Ah. The Excuse. Wondered how long that would take.
:roll:

or paid for them.

The Obama's spending has made GWB look like Scrooge. on an especially miserly day.
1. question...and please answer me.
Did Bush put that war on the books? Did he put the iraq war on the books?
That's 2 questions.
The answer to both is yes.

Another question...did Obama put that war on the books?
Yes... just like GWB did.

or paid for them.

Most of Obama's spending is merely carrying on Bush's spending.
So much for "change". eh?

Not to mention putting the wars ON budget where we actually see Obama spending what Bush hid.
All of the wartime spending under GWB was out on the open and accounted for; none was hidden.

Bush fucked-up cutting taxes during two wars, and then adding a pharm entitlement. Just plain stupid. Then the GOP passed the "American Jobs Creation Act" that basically helped move 14,000 US factories overseas.

Both flavors of DC whores are worthless. I like Paul Ryan's Budget, except he need to accept Clinton era tax rates, and go after off-shore tax cheats.

You can't just cut tax rates and expect the rich not to move the savings off-shore or to just move more jobs off-shore. We need incentives to create jobs here.

Bush fucked-up cutting taxes during two wars, and then adding a pharm entitlement. Just plain stupid. Then the GOP passed the "American Jobs Creation Act" that basically helped move 14,000 US factories overseas.

Both flavors of DC whores are worthless. I like Paul Ryan's Budget, except he need to accept Clinton era tax rates, and go after off-shore tax cheats.

You can't just cut tax rates and expect the rich not to move the savings off-shore or to just move more jobs off-shore. We need incentives to create jobs here.

So no Democrats voted for the tax cuts, or the pharm benefit for Medicare?
If we cut tax rates what incentive would wealthy people have to move their money? The fact they do this should suggest that we are not competitive in our taxes or opportunities here.

So no Democrats voted for the tax cuts, or the pharm benefit for Medicare?
If we cut tax rates what incentive would wealthy people have to move their money? The fact they do this should suggest that we are not competitive in our taxes or opportunities here.

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

U.S. Senate: Legislation & Records Home > Votes > Roll Call Vote

^-----Those links show the Bills passed with overwhelming GOP support. They got a combined 10 votes from the Dems in the Senate.

Not to mention putting the wars ON budget where we actually see Obama spending what Bush hid.
All of the wartime spending under GWB was out on the open and accounted for; none was hidden.

Nobody said the cost were "hiden"

They said, and they were correct, that the war was "run off the books"

Yes, the war was financed not as a normal part of the DoD budget but instead it was run though "emergency spending measures"

http://blog.wired.com/defense/2009/01/gates.html

I said the Iraq war was funded off-budget by GWB, which made his deficits look smaller.

That is the truth.

Ryan's budget calls for sacrifice, but virtually none of the sacrifice falls on the wealthy, in fact, Ryan wants to CUT taxes further for the wealthy.

This is in keeping with the fundamental premise of the Right - that the middle and lower income classes of Americans have it TOO GOOD,

and the wealthy class is suffering.

This is a class warfare waged by the wealthy on the non-wealthy.

Nobody said the cost were "hiden"

They said, and they were correct, that the war was "run off the books"

Yes, the war was financed not as a normal part of the DoD budget but instead it was run though "emergency spending measures"
Yes... so?
Every single dollar of it was passed by Congress, and is accounted for on the CBO records.
How is that "off the books"?

I said the Iraq war was funded off-budget by GWB, which made his deficits look smaller.
That is the truth.
No, that is a lie - or, it would be if you knew enough about the subject to know that what you're saying is factually incorrect.
You do not, and so your ignorance protects you from being a liar.

The deficits, which compare total revenue to total spenidng, are the same regardless if the spending is on or off budget, as both on and off-budget spending is included in the total.

Last edited:
What was all the hoopla about? The dems and reps agreeing to cut the original budget by 1%?

So they agreed on 99% of it, and that's supposed to make me think they were at great odds and far apart?

I like Paul Ryan. He's making a real effort. He has shown real leadership on this issue. I have to give him much Kudos. I hope he keeps fighting. You have to fight for what you believe in. I got his back for sure.

I like Paul Ryan. He's making a real effort. He has shown real leadership on this issue. I have to give him much Kudos. I hope he keeps fighting. You have to fight for what you believe in. I got his back for sure.

Ryan/Paul in 2012 anyone?

Forum List

Back