Pathless Path

Interesting that you claim to be on a spiritual path, but can insult someone else's.

Now whom did I insult?

You insulted Ernie and all Christians by saying that Christianity is based on superstitions. These are not easy topics to discuss without insulting someone. Perhaps it would help if you elucidated what you mean when you say Christianity is based on superstition.

I could say what I mean about Buddhism, but Ernie doesn't want me to talk.
It is just a fact. Sowwy Ernie can't handle differing opinions. Perhaps Ernie should get a grip.:eek:

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that, Ernie. Why not address the topic that intriques you and ignore my posts? Do what makes you happy.
Poor dumb lady! The subject, as in all of your recent threads is YOU. I addressed that. How can I ignore your posts and comment on the thread?

You can talk about what a "pathless path" means to you. You can put me on ignore. I'd love to see your comments about the topic.
I was raised Christian, hell I had 15 years perfect attendance in Sunday School.At 18, I was singled out by my pastor who blamed me for something I was not responsible for, in front of the entire Congregation. I flipped him the bird and walked out. I was about the last of my generation to do so and even many of the older generation had found other churches or just stopped attending. The next time I entered the building, was for a meeting to discuss the pastor's contract. He had demanded a raise in order to stay and I spoke to the Congregation to gather support for his outright dismissal. The vote was 241 to 1 to end his service to the Church. His wife cast the only "no" vote. I never attended after that except for my sister's wedding and my mother's funeral. My life began a downward spiral
Parts of my life, I would rather no one knew about. The people I hang out with tend to be outlaws on the edge of society and I did a lot of things that would have landed me in the slammer.
I was what you might consider a bad ass drunk biker for the next 20 years. I did OK financially, managing to hold some top notch jobs but the booze was catching up to me. I became afraid that the intellect I prided myself on was deteriorating. I turned my life and will over to a higher power.
I need no church to guide me on my chosen path. All I need is a flat rock to sit on in the forest or a couple hundred mile ride on my Harley to feel close to my maker.
My spiritual path is much like my best motorcycle rides. It has no destination, but I'll know when I get there.

We women WILL TALK whether Ernie poo likes it or not!

I am interested in your comment about superstition. Namka Drimed Rinpoche once told us students not to make our sadhana practice superstitious.

What he meant by that, was to remember the teachings on emptiness, and to not solidify concepts about buddhahood.

Poor dumb lady! The subject, as in all of your recent threads is YOU. I addressed that. How can I ignore your posts and comment on the thread?

You can talk about what a "pathless path" means to you. You can put me on ignore. I'd love to see your comments about the topic.
I was raised Christian, hell I had 15 years perfect attendance in Sunday School.At 18, I was singled out by my pastor who blamed me for something I was not responsible for, in front of the entire Congregation. I flipped him the bird and walked out. I was about the last of my generation to do so and even many of the older generation had found other churches or just stopped attending. The next time I entered the building, was for a meeting to discuss the pastor's contract. He had demanded a raise in order to stay and I spoke to the Congregation to gather support for his outright dismissal. The vote was 241 to 1 to end his service to the Church. His wife cast the only "no" vote. I never attended after that except for my sister's wedding and my mother's funeral. My life began a downward spiral
Parts of my life, I would rather no one knew about. The people I hang out with tend to be outlaws on the edge of society and I did a lot of things that would have landed me in the slammer.
I was what you might consider a bad ass drunk biker for the next 20 years. I did OK financially, managing to hold some top notch jobs but the booze was catching up to me. I became afraid that the intellect I prided myself on was deteriorating. I turned my life and will over to a higher power.
I need no church to guide me on my chosen path. All I need is a flat rock to sit on in the forest or a couple hundred mile ride on my Harley to feel close to my maker.
My spiritual path is much like my best motorcycle rides. It has no destination, but I'll know when I get there.

Ernie....you are a very angry person. If it helps believing in a higher power then go for it. :eusa_whistle:

Interesting that you claim to be on a spiritual path, but can insult someone else's.

Now whom did I insult?

You insulted Ernie and all Christians by saying that Christianity is based on superstitions. These are not easy topics to discuss without insulting someone. Perhaps it would help if you elucidated what you mean when you say Christianity is based on superstition.

My observation is that it's impossible to comment on Christianity unless you are a Christian. That is, if you want to keep the peace.

I am actually interested in what you have to say, Sky, as long as it's not your typical whiny egomania. Drop the persecution complex. You actually have a lot to contribute once the crying is over.

I love your path, Ernie. You've earned it through suffering. I can see you sitting on a flat rock or in the forest.

May you continually find peace.

Now whom did I insult?

My observation is that it's impossible to comment on Christianity unless you are a Christian. That is, if you want to keep the peace.

I am actually interested in what you have to say, Sky, as long as it's not your typical whiny egomania. Drop the persecution complex. You actually have a lot to contribute once the crying is over.

Show me which post I wrote today that you think is "whiney egomania or persecution complex"?

Now whom did I insult?

Well you certainly have not found peace in your beliefs. I see what Sky means about it being impossible to comment on Christianity to keep the peace here. Your deep hurt and anger still shows.:eusa_pray:

Ernie....you are a very angry person. If it helps believing in a higher power then go for it. :eusa_whistle:
What makes you say I'm angry? I dislike egotism, idiots and people who insult the religious beliefs of others. I speak my mind and rarely sugar coat the truth.

What makes you say I'm angry? I dislike egotism, idiots and people who insult the religious beliefs of others. I speak my mind and rarely sugar coat the truth.
I like plain spoken people actually.
I don't think Sky and I insult your religious beliefs. We just believe differently. I know where you are coming from. I grew up in a very religious far right family also. Texas is much like Alabama. The way I believe is growing. I do understand where you are coming from though.
I am a medical professional and I see a little anger in you. I have been there in my life also....so I do understand.

There will always be idiots and egomaniacs. Rise above them.

Oh goody! I've figured out Sky's new path. She has changed from a whiny egomaniac to a nonconfrontational egomaniac.

Why are you so mean to her. And you believe in a higher power? I think she is lovely. Are you educated?

Am I educated? WTF do you mean by that? I have designed several FTIR microscopes and a couple dozen other scientific instruments as well as a couple astronomical telescopes for my own use. I have taught seminars to groups of PHD chemists. AM I?
I am mean to her because she understands no less. Go through the archives. Look at her threads ALL about her.
Call it tough love, if you will. Once she gets past how people persecute her for her religion or life style, she actually has a lot to say that I find compelling. I'm trying to push her in that direction.

I'm still waiting for you to show me the whiney, egomanical post I made today, Ernie.

Oh goody! I've figured out Sky's new path. She has changed from a whiny egomaniac to a nonconfrontational egomaniac.

Why are you so mean to her. And you believe in a higher power? I think she is lovely. Are you educated?

Am I educated? WTF do you mean by that? I have designed several FTIR microscopes and a couple dozen other scientific instruments as well as a couple astronomical telescopes for my own use. I have taught seminars to groups of PHD chemists. AM I?
I am mean to her because she understands no less. Go through the archives. Look at her threads ALL about her.
Call it tough love, if you will. Once she gets past how people persecute her for her religion or life style, she actually has a lot to say that I find compelling. I'm trying to push her in that direction.

Well my FIL has trash on the moon, but he is dead now. lol....I am impressed if what you say is true. I am not techno savvy as my education is in the health sciences. Tough love???? is an oxymoron dear!

Sky is a free-thinker. COEXIST.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_pray:

Forum List

Back