Pathless Path

Oddly enough, even though I don't consider myself Buddhist any longer, I still feel as though I'm on my spiritual path. Anyone else relate to that?

I've decided to do something different with my posting in the forum. After I try the experiment, you can let me know if it worked.

I've followed my own spiritual path since my teens when I left organiszd religion.
I'll be watching to see if your post do in fact change. You're off to a rather poor start. You are still calling attention to yourself.
People come to USPOL to discuss politics, not you.

I'm inviting everyone to talk. Thank you for joining in.

If you're here to discuss politics, why are you in the religion forum?

Last edited:
Oddly enough, even though I don't consider myself Buddhist any longer, I still feel as though I'm on my spiritual path. Anyone else relate to that?

I've decided to do something different with my posting in the forum. After I try the experiment, you can let me know if it worked.

It would help to tell us what it is you are going to try?

However...what you say and feel is rather normal. As an example, many people still feel they are christians... but have no use for the organized religion part.

Some people are not Christians, but are still on a spiritual path. Christianity is not the only way to be spiritual. Christianity is based on superstitions. Some don't use superstitions to guide their life. JMO

Interesting that you claim to be on a spiritual path, but can insult someone else's.

However...what you say and feel is rather normal. As an example, many people still feel they are christians... but have no use for the organized religion part.

Some people are not Christians, but are still on a spiritual path. Christianity is not the only way to be spiritual. Christianity is based on superstitions. Some don't use superstitions to guide their life. JMO

So, it took how many posts before someone started bashing some religion? :rolleyes:

I've followed my own spiritual path since my teens when I left organiszd religion.
I'll be watching to see if your post do in fact change. You're off to a rather poor start. You are still calling attention to yourself.

Exactly. And some people wonder why they fail...

So, it took how many posts before someone started bashing some religion? :rolleyes:

I don't see that post as "bashing religion". Being able to discern what is superstition and what is not, is an important topic in religion. At least, it is in Buddhism.

Didn't actually look at the forum name, Sky. I use the new posts link and your thread title interested me. Pathless Path... Intriguing, but same old shit. It's you, talking about you.

Didn't actually look at the forum name, Sky. I use the new posts link and your thread title interested me. Pathless Path... Intriguing, but same old shit. It's you, talking about you.

I'm sorry to hear that, Ernie. Why not address the topic that intriques you and ignore my posts? Do what makes you happy.

Last edited:

Gee, imagine such an ego-centric person failing as a Buddhist!

Gee, imagine such an ego-centric person failing as a Buddhist!

No comment.

I'm sorry to hear that, Ernie. Why not address the topic that intriques you and ignore my posts? Do what makes you happy.
Poor dumb lady! The subject, as in all of your recent threads is YOU. I addressed that. How can I ignore your posts and comment on the thread?

Poor dumb lady! The subject, as in all of your recent threads is YOU. I addressed that. How can I ignore your posts and comment on the thread?

You can talk about what a "pathless path" means to you. You can put me on ignore. I'd love to see your comments about the topic.

Oh goody! I've figured out Sky's new path. She has changed from a whiny egomaniac to a nonconfrontational egomaniac.

Ernie--

Why not tell us what Pathless Path means to you?

I'm more than happy to not be the topic.

Interesting that you claim to be on a spiritual path, but can insult someone else's.

Now whom did I insult?

Sometimes a lesson has to be repeated for thousands of years, not because it wasn't learned the first time but because new people arrive on the scene. The lesson I'm thinking of was that of Siddhartha, a prince on the Nepalese border of northern India. He dropped everything and hit the road, becoming the original, or at least the most famous, dharma bum. He traveled from master to master with his begging bowl, seeking enlightenment. As Gautama the monk he became impressively austere. Instead of a loving wife, a warm bed, and feasts, he tried the opposite: solitude, sleeping by the wayside, and whatever scraps of food he could beg for.

It's still an appealing choice, because we equate austerity with virtue. If the stress of a chaotic world is too much, perhaps harmony lies along a different, quieter, more solitary road. But the moral of Siddhartha's tale led a different way. Leaving home didn't bring enlightenment, nor did austerity, poverty, starving his body, or trying to force his mind to be still. Instead, Siddhartha became someone entirely transformed -- the Buddha -- when he hit upon a new road, the one called "the pathless path."

The pathless path isn't a straight line; it doesn't even lead from point A to point B. The journey takes place entirely in consciousness. A mind overshadowed by fears, hopes, memories, past traumas, and old conditioning finds a way to become free. This sounds impossible at first. How can the mind that is trapped by pain also be the tool for freeing itself? How can a noisy mind find silence? How can peace emerge from discord?

Deepak Chopra: Walking the Pathless Path: Do We Need to Travel to Have a Spiritual Journey?

Interesting article.

Now whom did I insult?

You insulted Ernie and all Christians by saying that Christianity is based on superstitions. These are not easy topics to discuss without insulting someone. Perhaps it would help if you elucidated what you mean when you say Christianity is based on superstition.

I could say what I mean about Buddhism, but Ernie doesn't want me to talk.

My observation is that it's impossible to comment on Christianity unless you are a Christian. That is, if you want to keep the peace.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back