Pastor stiffs waitress, waitress gets fired

Besides the waitress... Who cares? So because of this one jerk, all Pastors are bad... Is that what you want to hear? :lol:

The thing she wasnt stiffed. The waitress got the 18% because it was already factored into the price of the meal. And she got more because the Pastor left cash afterwards.

Yes she was rude leaving the remark. But the woman deserved to be fired when she published the receipt to complain despite being tipped.

She did.

Thread fail on many levels.

But the diner has scratched out that tip, writing instead that “I Give God 10% Why do you Get 18″ and adding the word “pastor” above his signature. And instead of leaving a tip that was merely less than the 18%, just wrote a big “0.”
Diner Thinks That Saying He?s A Pastor Allows Him To Stiff Waiter On Tip ? The Consumerist

What would Jesus think?

Besides the waitress... Who cares? So because of this one jerk, all Pastors are bad... Is that what you want to hear? :lol:

Just a weak attempt to shit on someone or something that might have anything to do with religion. SOP for anti-religious types.

The thing is she wasnt stiffed. The waitress got the 18% because it was already factored into the price of the meal. And she got more because the Pastor & the rest of the party left cash afterwards.

Yes she was rude leaving the remark. But the woman deserved to be fired when she published the receipt to complain despite being tipped.

The waitress didn't get an automatic tip because the good Pastor zeroed out the tip on her credit card receipt

Now, why would someone who just went through the effort of zeroing out a tip and writing a nasty comment then turn around and leave a $6 tip on the table?

I say the Pastor is lying to cover her bad behavior

Chelsea Welch, the waitress, wrote in an email to Yahoo News that the pastor (who has since been identified as Alois Bell) told Welch's manager at the St. Louis-area Applebee's that the ensuing firestorm had "ruined" her reputation.

Applebee?s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about auto-tip | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

Yea, right. I hope she's not Catholic.

The pastor or the waitress? Because the Pastor is obviously not Catholic and I see no reason why it matters what the waitress is.

The thing is she wasnt stiffed. The waitress got the 18% because it was already factored into the price of the meal. And she got more because the Pastor & the rest of the party left cash afterwards.

The waitress didn't get an automatic tip because the good Pastor zeroed out the tip on her credit card receipt

Now, why would someone who just went through the effort of zeroing out a tip and writing a nasty comment then turn around and leave a $6 tip on the table?

I say the Pastor is lying to cover her bad behavior

You're right about the zeroing out. I missed that.

she DIDN'T get 18% or anything else because the pastor crossed out the tip.

they never left cash. that's a lie.

and p.s. even if the liars left $6 on a $200 bill (which i don't believe for a second) do you realize what percent of the check that was?

the appropriate tip on a check that is $200 (before tax) is $30 (if you leave 15%) and $40 if you leave 20$ (which i always do for decent service).

Last edited:
Chelsea Welch, the waitress, wrote in an email to Yahoo News that the pastor (who has since been identified as Alois Bell) told Welch's manager at the St. Louis-area Applebee's that the ensuing firestorm had "ruined" her reputation.

Applebee?s fires waitress who posted receipt from pastor complaining about auto-tip | The Sideshow - Yahoo! News

The pastor or the waitress? Because the Pastor is obviously not Catholic and I see no reason why it matters what the waitress is.
The pastor because lying is a sin. But yeah, I guess she can't be a Catholic.

Waitress Who Posted No-Tip Receipt From ?Pastor? Customer Fired From Job ? The Consumerist

The guy was an asshole, and little miss Chelsea sounds like a whiny little baby who has perhaps learned a lesson about the internet...but probably not.:D

she probably wanted to embarrass the creep.

whiny?

meh...

i just find it funny that someone who sucks money out of his/her parishoners and gets lots of devotional gifts has the chutzpah to think someone who busted their butt waiting on his/her table, didn't deserve to be tipped for it.

i actually have heard about some places in the bible belt where people write down bible quotes as 'tips'.

nice people...

I'm sure it didn't work out the way she'd hoped. Yeah, Chelsea comes off as a whiner, and most people in the service industry expect to deal with some assholes...but most of them don't whine about it on the internet in such a way as Chelsea chose to, although she claimed it was posted as "a lighthearted joke". Bullshit, but live and learn.

The waitress will have no problem finding another low paying job

The Good Pastor is now part of history. Google " Alois Bell " for the next 20 years and it will come back ....Bad Tipper

The original check was for a large party....over $200, and for large parties gratuities are automatically added. He knew this going in and still stiffed her.

So if the hand out was already added in how did he stiff her? My friends who are waiters say woman and asians are the worst tippers, besides black people of course.....they NEVER tip according to numerous people that I have talked to about it.
One of the things I love about Pei Wei, no waiters. I don't need anybody to wait on me, I can get up and get more water.

a tip is not a 'handout'..... particularly when they don't get minimum wage BECAUSE of getting tips.

and i don't believe your "story" for a minute.

how are those bags doing at the airpor?

That's alright Jillian/grump.....I don't believe anything you write either. What's an airpor?

Catholics don't have pastors and they don't let women lead. So no, not Catholic.

:lol: Gawd, what a jerk!

receipt-pastor-lg.jpg

I might have missed it in one of those articles, but it sounds like it was a large party with a total bill of over $200. So was it then broken down into smaller checks, and did the server get stiffed by all of them?? Also, in regards to the 18% gratuity shown on the slip, I don't know what Applebee's policy is in regards to adding it in automatically as a part of the bill, but I've seen some receipts that show 15%, 18% and 20% as a convenience for the customer...because math ain't easy for some people.:D

Forum List

Back