Pastor stiffs waitress, waitress gets fired

I would think that the pastor should learn that servers don't get minimum wage because of tips.

what a creep. i'm sure jesus was proud.
The original check was for a large party....over $200, and for large parties gratuities are automatically added. He knew this going in and still stiffed her.

So if the hand out was already added in how did he stiff her? My friends who are waiters say woman and asians are the worst tippers, besides black people of course.....they NEVER tip according to numerous people that I have talked to about it.
One of the things I love about Pei Wei, no waiters. I don't need anybody to wait on me, I can get up and get more water.

Looks like you were right on this one. Black FEMALE pastor, no wonder this story died down. If it was some evil white guy pastor in redneck Oklahoma, we'd still be upset about it.

I hear Mick Jagger doesn't leave a tip because he thinks that it's an honour to serve him. Maybe the pastor feels the same way.

But the diner has scratched out that tip, writing instead that “I Give God 10% Why do you Get 18″ and adding the word “pastor” above his signature. And instead of leaving a tip that was merely less than the 18%, just wrote a big “0.”
Diner Thinks That Saying He?s A Pastor Allows Him To Stiff Waiter On Tip ? The Consumerist

What would Jesus think?

lol Even the quote here refers to the receipt as "his" lol

adding the word “pastor” above his signature

This OP was weak and light on details and facts.

It's a "report" on the internet so anything is possible. Without his side being offered the validity is uncertain.

Who knows if this woman is even a waitress? This could be someone with an agenda.

You're on the internet. Maybe you're not even a message board poster. We have no idea.

I am a message board poster dude since I am actually posting on a message board goof ball. Do keep up.

If I have to tell you that people have agendas online and that people bend the truth and outright lie online then I would advise you to log off now.

Hey dreamy, I took the blue out of your avatar, maybe you like the blue but a lot of time it's just a poor copy so here you go.

The original check was for a large party....over $200, and for large parties gratuities are automatically added. He knew this going in and still stiffed her.

So if the hand out was already added in how did he stiff her? My friends who are waiters say woman and asians are the worst tippers, besides black people of course.....they NEVER tip according to numerous people that I have talked to about it.
One of the things I love about Pei Wei, no waiters. I don't need anybody to wait on me, I can get up and get more water.

Looks like you were right on this one. Black FEMALE pastor, no wonder this story died down. If it was some evil white guy pastor in redneck Oklahoma, we'd still be upset about it.

lol

But the diner has scratched out that tip, writing instead that “I Give God 10% Why do you Get 18″ and adding the word “pastor” above his signature. And instead of leaving a tip that was merely less than the 18%, just wrote a big “0.”

Diner Thinks That Saying He?s A Pastor Allows Him To Stiff Waiter On Tip ? The Consumerist

What would Jesus think?

I'm apt to do the same thing when confronted by a predetermined tip. I always leave one, though. I normally tip 20-30%, but if I get a nasty or incompetent waitress, I'll leave a quarter and a couple of pennies.

You're on the internet. Maybe you're not even a message board poster. We have no idea.

I am a message board poster dude since I am actually posting on a message board goof ball. Do keep up.

If I have to tell you that people have agendas online and that people bend the truth and outright lie online then I would advise you to log off now.

Hey dreamy, I took the blue out of your avatar, maybe you like the blue but a lot of time it's just a poor copy so here you go.

I hope Norah approves. :tongue:

Oh hell, I was picturing a white dude.:lmao:

Oh hell, I was picturing a white dude.:lmao:
Funny. Does this mean you are a stereotyping kneejerk bigot? ;)

Anyone can call themselves a Pastor and form a "church". Anyone can be a cheapskate. And yes there are some lousy waitresses/waiters but I find most work their ass off and I would never want to do their job. Tough work.

Quite a gambit

Find god, get 15 people to join your ministry, give 10% of your earnings to yourself....keep the money

Then go to Applebees and stiff the waitress $6 while you gloat over your service to god

I hope Norah approves. :tongue:

That's Norah Jones? Killer shot!

Wow.....right before I was about to be accused of being racist.....HAHAHA.

Forum List

Back