Pastor stiffs waitress, waitress gets fired

Nor is it a stretch for you to use bad christian behavior by some to justify your claim God is just some "sky fairy."

I don't believe in the existance of any supernatural 'god.'

This is regardless of the fact that some of those in the clergy act inappropriately.

What exactly did the Pastor do that was "inappropriate"?

If you want to complain about poor service, write that on the receipt when you zero out the tip

To claim that I give God 10% so you are not worthy of a tip is just damned cheap

But the diner has scratched out that tip, writing instead that “I Give God 10% Why do you Get 18″ and adding the word “pastor” above his signature. And instead of leaving a tip that was merely less than the 18%, just wrote a big “0.”

Diner Thinks That Saying He?s A Pastor Allows Him To Stiff Waiter On Tip ? The Consumerist

What would Jesus think?

Jesus would think he was doing what Jesus told him to do and commend him for it. Jesus said to give to God what is God's (10%) and give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. It's totally up the Pastor what he wants to give. Demanding every customer give 18% is not "giving". That's extortion.

:rolleyes: It's a service fee built into the cost specifically for the purpose of protecting low wage wait staff from being stiffed on the tab by potential cheapskates...

What anyone "gave to God" or any other charity has nothing to do with anything in this scenario, except in the mind of the jerk who pulled the God card to to feel righteous in giving poor treatment to their server.

:rolleyes: It's a service fee built into the cost specifically for the purpose of protecting low wage wait staff from being stiffed on the tab by potential cheapskates...

What anyone "gave to God" or any other charity has nothing to do with anything in this scenario, except in the mind of the jerk who pulled the God card to to feel righteous in giving poor treatment to their server.

exactly.

But the diner has scratched out that tip, writing instead that “I Give God 10% Why do you Get 18″ and adding the word “pastor” above his signature. And instead of leaving a tip that was merely less than the 18%, just wrote a big “0.”

Diner Thinks That Saying He?s A Pastor Allows Him To Stiff Waiter On Tip ? The Consumerist

What would Jesus think?

Jesus would think he was doing what Jesus told him to do and commend him for it. Jesus said to give to God what is God's (10%) and give to Ceasar what is Ceasar's. It's totally up the Pastor what he wants to give. Demanding every customer give 18% is not "giving". That's extortion.

its customary for any party greater than 5 ppl for the server to automatically add gratuity. The pastor's party was 8 ppl. Getting stiffed ( no tip) from a party of one is different than getting stiffed from a party of 5+ ppl. If the pastor can't afford to pay for services perhaps she shouldn't be going out?

The real story is this is an internet myth. I got this sent to me, same one, months ago.
Religious kooks are also circulating one that has "do not tell me God Bless when you wait on me" and then shows no tip. It says a group of atheists ate dinner and this was their bill.
Such bull shit all of it, how can intelligent folks believe this crap?
Amazing what people believe these days. If it fits their ideology they post it as fact.

The real story is this is an internet myth. I got this sent to me, same one, months ago.
Religious kooks are also circulating one that has "do not tell me God Bless when you wait on me" and then shows no tip. It says a group of atheists ate dinner and this was their bill.
Amazing what people believe these days. If it fits their ideology they post it as fact.

Nope, it's real. The pastor did an interview and confirmed it and apologized.

Where is that interview at?

Where is that interview at?

Pastor Apologizes For Snide Remark On Meal Receipt | The Smoking Gun

Yeah, there is that, too.

Of course if people can use god to justify wars, genocide, etc. it certainly isn't a stretch to figure some guy would use god to justify stiffing a waitress.

Nor is it a stretch for you to use bad christian behavior by some to justify your claim God is just some "sky fairy."

I don't believe in the existance of any supernatural 'god.'

So is it just a coincidence you have chosen the demonic anti-Christian devil replete with the pentagram to use as your avatar? After all, there are thousands of fantasy star wars kinds of images one could have selected for the fun of it.

So you think the pastor in the story was lying??? Jeesh, sometimes I wonder if you have a brain in your head at all.

Besides the waitress... Who cares? So because of this one jerk, all Pastors are bad... Is that what you want to hear? :lol:

Just a weak attempt to shit on someone or something that might have anything to do with religion. SOP for anti-religious types.

^ We have a winner. :clap2:

:rolleyes:

It became a story because the people involved made it public. Go ahead and blame the messenger if it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, but the pastor is the one who pulled the God card and made a mockery of his religion by doing so...

Nah, the "I give God 10%" and then leaving the waitress 0 would have earned attention, even if he wasn't a "man of God".

It's a SHE...a black woman pastor.

The Pastor was completely wrong for leaving that note! The waitress did nothing wrong to her, the pastor had no good reason for doing this. Then she goes and complains and gets the waitress fired!! THAT'S the part that really gets me....the Pastor deserved to be embarrassed after what she did! Just because she calls herself a Christian doesn't mean she is.

Besides the waitress... Who cares? So because of this one jerk, all Pastors are bad... Is that what you want to hear? :lol:

The thing is she wasnt stiffed. The waitress got the 18% because it was already factored into the price of the meal. And she got more because the Pastor & the rest of the party left cash afterwards.

Yes she was rude leaving the remark. But the woman deserved to be fired when she published the receipt to complain despite being tipped.

I thought the same thing at first....but look at the receipt. The pastor scribbled out the amount of the 18% tip and wrote the total on the bill for just the amount of the meal. So she didn't pay her the automatic tip either....the girl got stiffed by a pastor AND fired! That woman has no right calling herself a Christian. And Appleby's was wrong for firing the waitress....it wouldn't have happened if the pastor hadn't complained to her boss over something that SHE started by being stupid!

Exactly....i always tip well, i know they really work hard (usually). I've had bad experiences, but it's usually because of the cooks or some other reason. If i know the server is trying their best they always get a tip. But, that tip might be less if they stand around with their thumb up their ass and not doing their job when they're not really busy. I hate it when they don't come back once to see if you want more coffee or anything else and just being lazy. But that doesn't happen often.....

Forum List

Back