Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Jen,

You are a beautiful person, and you and I, among fortunately most people in my life are truly blessed with your sort of wisdom.

Anne Marie
Are you this humble in real life?

See the part where she says "are truly blessed with"?

Who gave it, Anguille? Who is responsible that any of us can behold the glory and grace of God?

I don't know Anne that well, but I recognize the foundation that all good things come from God, available to all, is bestowed upon us who are completely unworthy. She's expressing gratitude to God, not self adulation.
Where do you two get off thinking you possess any sort of wisdom, God given or not? :lol:

jesus diosobeyed God's first commandment: be fruitful and multiply

Where does it say God's first commandment was "Be fruitful and multiply"?

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." King James Version, Genesis 1:28[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." New International Version, Genesis 1:28[/FONT]

and where is the part that God said that to Jesus?

Who is God talking to, big man?

no, wait, don't answer. Still waiting for your best shot.

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth." King James Version, Genesis 1:28[/FONT]
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]"God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground." New International Version, Genesis 1:28[/FONT]

and where is the part that God said that to Jesus?

Okay, so now only those god spoke to personally are bound by god's law?

then Eve is not liable for eating of the tree and noone alive today is liable for anything at all :eusa_doh:

Do you ever think or consider the logical implications of anything before you post?

Jenn, you are ASSUMING that jebus was perfect. You are ASSUMING that he was actually the son of god.

Remember how the hale-bopp suicides ASSUMED that there was a space shit in the tail of the comet?

I did find the movie eye-opening to what Jesus actually encountered for us believers. The part I found a little over the top was how they portrayed the devil. I didn't think those scenes did anything good for the movie and that's the part I thought was a bit over the top. The treatment they gave Jesus was indeed brutal and even as vivid as the movie portrayed that part of it, the real suffering He encountered could never be matched on screen.

Really? I don't know how the enemy could have been done better...he/she did look cunning, "peaceful" which I would think he would look like on purpose. How would you have portrayed him?

Know what surprised me was the addition of the Mary's wiping up Christ's blood as precious. Normally we are repulsed by blood, but that was CHRIST'S blood! wow. Huge difference than the average every day blood and it is precious. I thought that was hugely insightful. I think that's probably one of those visions as seen by a nun that I heard about but I don't know for sure.

Just wondering if you are as long winded, gruesome and condescending in real life as your posts portray you to be?

Or maybe you are just a sock puppet created to make Christians look bad.

OH NO!

veryafraid.jpg

was I making Christians look bad? (tremble) oh my gosh I am SO sorry, I...I...oh now I'm so scared to say ANYTHING because I might make Christians look bad...

puhlease :rolleyes:

Here, Jen, all in one convenient location

Really? Somebody offered up themselves voluntarily to be beaten and scourged to the point of being unrecognizeable and then killed?

If Marquis de Sade had been given the option....

And even if so, it can't match what Christ did, because Christ was perfect, without blemish and undeserving of death. I don't think anyone can match what Christ began it with.
:lol:

remember the whole 'sabbath' thing... ?

then there was God's commandments about washing you hands, which Yeshua, being Lucifer, overturned and sought to usurp

then there was filling a man's pigs with demons (instead of only one pig or banning them altogether) and destroying a farmer's livelihood

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]". anyone who says 'You fool' will be in danger of the hell fire" (NIV)

Matthew 5:22

'[/FONT]You blind fools! '
[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]Matthew 23:17

[/FONT]

attacking men with a whip...

stealing a colt....

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica] Mark 11:2-4, Matt 21:2-3, and Luke 19:30-31,

notice he didn't approach the owner and borrow it- he told his disciples to steal it and simply brush off anyone who opposed them
[/FONT]

He was a blatant racist who refused to help a woman because it 'wouldnt be right to'

[FONT=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica]'to take the children's bread and to cast it to dogs.'[/FONT]

Matthew 15:26

Oh, and how can one honor their mother and father if

'If any man comes to me, and does not hate his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yes and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.'

Luke 14:26

He argued against the council that the Torah says is to interpret the law (god's ordained 'court') when called on one of his infringements of the sabbath...

jesus called the scholar's snakes, violating Leviticus 19:32

Jesus rejects as the 'traditions of men' the law of the torah given in Deuteronomy regarding ritual cleaning prior to eating

Acts 3:22 calls jesus a prophet

Matthew 23:34 gives a false prophecy, thus violating Deuteronomy 18:20

well, Jen? We're awaiting your refutations...

Mark 7:19-15

jesus overturns the law of god given in Leviticus regarding clean and unclean animals

All this of course, violates Leviticus 19:18, where one must rebuke one who violates the law...

OMG! LIKE JB IS DOING!!

Of course, jesus threw this aside, defending his actions and the xins of others

ironically, this means jesus "will be called least in the Kingdom of Heaven" (Matthew 5:19

Jesus also changed the holy law by declaring remarriage to be adultery....

jesus called the scholar's snakes, violating Leviticus 19:32

JB, if you're going to write an accusation, please at least give me the verse.[/qupte]

BibleGateway.com: A searchable online Bible in over 100 versions and 50 languages.

You tire of being shown to be a fool?

You could try refuting what I ave said for4 a change :lo:

If you want to be serious, pick ONE,
Um.no. Refute all the examples cited. Even if you weasel out of one, the rest stand as evidence against you and your false prophet

Now, stop evading

Nope. I'm not going to waste my time dude. Why would anybody? When you've got your best shot let me know. I got better things to do than run around answering all your accusations only to find you took 2 seconds to slap up another 10 more from an internet site.

stealing a colt....

[font=trebuchet ms,arial,helvetica] mark 11:2-4, matt 21:2-3, and luke 19:30-31,

notice he didn't approach the owner and borrow it- he told his disciples to steal it and simply brush off anyone who opposed them
[/font]

not
that's the extent of your refutation? :lol:

nope. My refute is I don't waste my time with games. Are you too chicken to actually do some research and come up with your best shot and announce it as such? Stand by it? Or do you just flood the board with silly stuff and then proclaim yourself as the winner because you have the most time to kill with nonsense?

Best shot dude. For once, accept a challenge.

Really? I don't know how the enemy could have been done better...he/she did look cunning, "peaceful" which I would think he would look like on purpose. How would you have portrayed him?

Know what surprised me was the addition of the Mary's wiping up Christ's blood as precious. Normally we are repulsed by blood, but that was CHRIST'S blood! wow. Huge difference than the average every day blood and it is precious. I thought that was hugely insightful. I think that's probably one of those visions as seen by a nun that I heard about but I don't know for sure.

Just wondering if you are as long winded, gruesome and condescending in real life as your posts portray you to be?

Or maybe you are just a sock puppet created to make Christians look bad.

OH NO!

veryafraid.jpg

was I making Christians look bad? (tremble) oh my gosh I am SO sorry, I...I...oh now I'm so scared to say ANYTHING because I might make Christians look bad...

puhlease :rolleyes:

Let me add snide to that list of personality traits.

Did anyone else get blown away by this film?

THE PASSION OF CHRIST
Isn't Mel Gibson a member of that Catholic sect that says the Jews killed jesus and other such anti-semitic stuff?

You'd have to ask Mel what his beliefs are. I don't speak for Mel. I did see, though, that Mel added a little dialogue where the ONLY MAN THAT HELPED JESUS, right at the moment when the audience felt floored with gratitude that somebody helped Jesus, the man shouted he was a Jew.

Anyone anti-semitic would NOT have put that there. Mel seemed pretty solid in understanding that Jesus and all the disciples were Jews as well.

uh-huh.

And all those guys that told me they loved me meant it too, right?

Dang! I shoulda believed 'em :D

That comment lends credence to MountainMan's suggestion that finding God was your way of dealing with the aftermath of a bitter divorce and the nervous breakdown it caused you.

Do you mean to say that, after living with countless men in fairytale romances and the fruit that it bore, like having a child out of wedlock and giving it up for adoption, like getting jumped at the end of a night of partying by a stranger that almost cracked my head open and caused me to have migraines the rest of my life, like getting married after so many relationships that it really didn't mean much any more and ending in divorce...that's what you call a nervous breakdown?

Or was that just the consequences of living a life without God and then when stuck in the pits of darkness and fruit of it, someone introduces you to God and when you get to know Him, having your life radically changed because of the Holy Spirit that picks you up, washes you off, forgives you of all your sins, restores your soul and shows you a life you never dreamed possible?

That comment lends credence to MountainMan's suggestion that finding God was your way of dealing with...

ya know, you got that part right :)

Last edited:
uh-huh.

And all those guys that told me they loved me meant it too, right?

Dang! I shoulda believed 'em :D

That comment lends credence to MountainMan's suggestion that finding God was your way of dealing with the aftermath of a bitter divorce and the nervous breakdown it caused you.

Do you mean to say that, after living with countless men in fairytale romances and the fruit that it bore, like having a child out of wedlock and giving it up for adoption, like getting jumped at the end of a night of partying by a stranger that almost cracked my head open and caused me to have migraines the rest of my life, like getting married after so many relationships that it really didn't mean much any more and ending in divorce...that's what you call a nervous breakdown?

Or was that just the consequences of living a life without God and then wising up and finding something a whole lot better?

Sounds like you're just repeating the pattern - "living with countless men in fairytale romances " - in your current love affair with the Holy Spirit.

Last edited:
Are you this humble in real life?

See the part where she says "are truly blessed with"?

Who gave it, Anguille? Who is responsible that any of us can behold the glory and grace of God?

I don't know Anne that well, but I recognize the foundation that all good things come from God, available to all, is bestowed upon us who are completely unworthy. She's expressing gratitude to God, not self adulation.
Where do you two get off thinking you possess any sort of wisdom, God given or not? :lol:

See my last post.

If you went through life the worlds way and tasted it and all that it brings.

Then you give that mess of your life to God and He cleans it all up and restores you and you start to walk with Him and learn His ways and find what I have...

I can't help it. That's real wisdom. And God gave it to me. I'm assuming Annie too.

Or was that just the consequences of living a life without God and then wising up and finding something a whole lot better?

Sounds like you're just repeating the pattern - "living with countless men in fairytale romances " - in your current love affair with the Holy Spirit.

I added to it while you were posting this.

And you're right, it's just that the fruit of it is SO MUCH BETTER! :)

I added to it while you were posting this.

And you're right, it's just that the fruit of it is SO MUCH BETTER! :)

Well, at least I've got you to see that it's all a fairytale.

Forum List

Back