Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Caledonia days....my mother in law was drawn in a horse-drawn carriage to her final resting place, and a bagpiper came down the aisle of our church playing true Scots bagpipes (not melodic like the Irish, damn them) during her funeral playing a hideously non-melodic version of "Amazing Grace".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8AeV8Jbx6M]YouTube - SCOTLAND. Amazing Grace - Royal Scots Dragoon Guards[/ame]

Unless you've heard that 3 ft from your head, you have no idea what it's like.

Code:
       π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π  π π 
     π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π 
   π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π π 
   π            π π π π                            π π π π 
   π            π π π π                            π π π π 
                π π π π                            π π π π 
                π π π π                            π π π π         π 
                π π π π                            π π π π       π π 
             π π π π π                              π π π π     π π 
           π π π π π                                 π π π π π π π 
          π π π π π                                   π π π π π π 
            π π π                                       π π π π

Last edited:
<SNIP>
See the movie. If you can grasp even a glimmer of the equation that what He did, laying His life down and picking it up again, that you could be reconciled with Him...that every lash was meant for us on judgement day...but He took the heat willingly for you, if you can grasp that, it will rock your world.

I love things Roman, and the Latin language. I have the movie in DVD - for a couple of years now - but haven't been able to bring myself to watch it. Maybe this coming week-end.
Thanks for the review.

I thought it was in Aramic.
It is, but the Roman soldiery spoke both Latin and Aramaic. They were very cosmopolitan fellows, and needed to know the language of the "host country" to which they were assigned; they relied on enlistees from elsewhere in the Empire, but Latin was the lingua franca. I heard both languages were used, and that it was very authentic.

Are you always this insufferably spunky and perky? No wonder those two women couldn't stand workiing next to you.

Where do you get spunky and perky from? I sat there for months and heard nothing but criticism. Trust me I was not all smiles and roses
No doubt you're a psycho bitch underneath it all.

kiss.jpg

(this pic is gonna get old but it's so often my reaction here :D)

So Jen concedes that she has no refutation or rebuttal, that jesus has been demonstrated to be a sinner and therefore he is not the son of god and cannot pay for anyone's sins, and that she developed a neurosis because she blames herself for being raped...

We're making progress

WHEN did I EVER say Jesus has been demonstrated to be a sinner?

and did I say I was raped? do you always have a desire to make up stuff and add it in to help your arguments?

can't your arguments stand up on their own without embellishing?

You didn't give very good options in this poll =/ 3 of the choices amount to thinking it was great, the other two are it was horrible, or I was too stupid to get it :p

I thought the movie was decent. I was surprised, actually, that I enjoyed it, since I don't believe in the story or the religion. But it was put together pretty well, I don't have an issue with the violence, I think I could sit and watch it again and not be unhappy. It wasn't something I recommended people had to go out and see, but it didn't suck.

Thanks Montro, great to know your views :) Interesting how the reactions vary SO dramatically!

<SNIP>
See the movie. If you can grasp even a glimmer of the equation that what He did, laying His life down and picking it up again, that you could be reconciled with Him...that every lash was meant for us on judgement day...but He took the heat willingly for you, if you can grasp that, it will rock your world.

I love things Roman, and the Latin language. I have the movie in DVD - for a couple of years now - but haven't been able to bring myself to watch it. Maybe this coming week-end.
Thanks for the review.

It is absolutely worth watching. Don't believe the hype. It's fantastic.

^ good to see agreement :)

Mel Gibson is the ultimate.

I've probably watched Braveheart 100 times. When I was a kid and vcrs were new, I watched Mad Max about 100 times. Braveheart and The Passion are two I have on dvd that I regularly watch.

But then my grandma was a Wallace. A niece of Lew and all that. I've been to more Caledonia days than I can number.

Ach and all that shit.

YouTube - Braveheart Freedom Speech

He does great work and on The Patriot too. In the Dvd under special features there is a tiny arrow that takes you to another screen that has the deleted cuts which include praying.

Hollywood, wouldn't ya know...

My ringtones are from that movie...

Mel/Benjamin:"Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard... why should I trade one tyrant 3,000 miles away for 3,000 tyrants one mile away?"

http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/thepatriot/milesaway.wav

For my MEETING profile (its a whisper)

Mel Gibson:"Lord, make me fast and accurate."
http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/thepatriot/prayer.wav

Flaming libs at my office hate me though(

And for my sons when they call me, I hear this :lol: it's my fav:
Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger

Benjamin:"Don't you walk away from me boy!"
Gabriel:"I'm sorry father, I'll find you when this is all over."
Benjamin:"No your not going! I forbid you to go!"
Gabriel:"I'm not a child!"
Benjamin:"You're my child!"
http://www.moviesoundclips.net/movies1/thepatriot/child.wav

My sons think it's hilarious too

The Patriot sound clips - Movie Sound Clips <----all the wavs[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the review.

It is, but the Roman soldiery spoke both Latin and Aramaic. They were very cosmopolitan fellows, and needed to know the language of the "host country" to which they were assigned; they relied on enlistees from elsewhere in the Empire, but Latin was the lingua franca. I heard both languages were used, and that it was very authentic.
Clever how you described Latin with an idiom from Italian that includes French, both Latin-based romance languages! :lol:

Last edited:
Clever how you described Latin with an idiom from Italian that includes French, both Latin-based romance languages! :lol:

Ola Eagleseven, have we met?

:cool:

The coward still offers no refutation, instead burying her head ever deeper

and these people expect to be taken seriously? Our government lets them continue to destroy the minds of our children and they even want to let their illness influence national policy. and people wonder why these country's in so much trouble?

So Jen concedes that she has no refutation or rebuttal, that jesus has been demonstrated to be a sinner and therefore he is not the son of god and cannot pay for anyone's sins, and that she developed a neurosis because she blames herself for being raped...

We're making progress

WHEN did I EVER say Jesus has been demonstrated to be a sinner?

and did I say I was raped? do you always have a desire to make up stuff and add it in to help your arguments?

can't your arguments stand up on their own without embellishing?

Nope. Hence her own bitchiness.

If my arguments can't stand, then why is it that neither of you idiots can refute any of them?
Well, there is a simple refutation of your argument that Jesus was a sinner.

For 90% of Christians, Jesus Christ is God. As God, he is the perfect example of human behavior. Thus, any of his actions that seemingly contradict Jewish morality, or our modern liberal morality, do not reflect poorly upon Jesus, but rather demonstrate the shortcomings of both ancient Jewish morality and modern liberal morality.

Thus, Jesus is never wrong. Rather, any moral code that accuses Jesus of sin is false. Jesus is the benchmark against which all other laws and codes are to be measured.

It is relatively simple logic to follow, and has satisfied millions of believers for nearly two millennia.

P.S. As I'm sure you have noticed, I'm no Christian.

Forum List

Back