Passion of the Christ: Most Beautiful Love Story of all time

What did YOU think of the Passion of the Christ?

• Amazing movie, loved it

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Did not understand it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hated it

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mel should have won an emmy, Hollywood stinks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Waiting for the next Gibson movie like it

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
You'd have to ask Mel what his beliefs are. I don't speak for Mel. I did see, though, that Mel added a little dialogue where the ONLY MAN THAT HELPED JESUS, right at the moment when the audience felt floored with gratitude that somebody helped Jesus, the man shouted he was a Jew.

Anyone anti-semitic would NOT have put that there. Mel seemed pretty solid in understanding that Jesus and all the disciples were Jews as well.

Mel Gibson DUI incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you're not actually saying that all of Jesus's disciples were Jews their entire lives are you?

Last edited:
Sounds like you're just repeating the pattern - "living with countless men in fairytale romances " - in your current love affair with the Holy Spirit.

I added to it while you were posting this.

And you're right, it's just that the fruit of it is SO MUCH BETTER! :)

Well, at least I've got you to see that it's all a fairytale.

Well if you take my words literally, then all those men I've kissed in my life really were literally toads before I kissed 'em?

:D

I DO have a fairytale story with the Lord though, but men probably won't appreciate it so :) skip it if you don't like shopping and catty women....

At the first few months of my new job years ago, I sat between two women that hated each other but once I started there they directed all their bitterness at ME. I heard nothing but mean bossing and criticism all day long in STEREO. I wouldn't complain but co-workers that could overhear it complained to my boss. They were harsh, harsh, women, now ganging up on ME, like a step-child.

For MONTHS I would pray every day, at every unfair attack, "God, I'm giving this to YOU, I know You see this and I'm just going to 'cast my cares on You, leave them at the cross like the songs say. Help me try to leave them there.'" It was so bad sometimes I actually cried at night and I never cry. But I couldn't quit because it was part time and paid well. My kids were still young and I needed to be home by 2.

After months of this a Christmas Ball was scheduled. I searched and searched for something to wear and almost bought a beautiful watery blue skirt but it was WAY too expensive and I couldn't find anything that matched it. For weeks, one of my "step-sisters" bragged about a blue skirt she got, went on and on about it and my heart would ache to go buy the one that I saw, but I didn't. Once in a while she asked me accusingly, "What are YOU going to wear?" and all I could say was oh, just an old black dress I have. It was shabby and hardly formal, but I thought it might get by.

The day of the ball we were all excited, a big Christian name (though I never heard of him) was going to perform for us exclusively. At 5:00 I was in a rush to get home to get ready when I heard the Holy Spirit tell me to stop by Gottschalks on the way home. I couldn't believe it. There was NO TIME and I'd all ready scoured the stores. But the Holy Spirit WAS insistent, so I went. And there, all alone on a rack, marked for Clearance was an AMAZING long black sequined dress that was a knockout, the only one there and wouldn't ya know it was just my size and fit like a glove? I was STUNNED and after all the discounts it was $22.79! Un-freaking-believable price.

Now, really late, I raced home, wondering if I could actually wear it because it was way revealing. I remembered an old black leotard that might match the cloth that maybe I could wear under it that wasn't quite so low cut. This was a Christian operation and the dress alone would have been...bad. But I hadn't seen the leotard in years and was afraid I'd trashed it. I prayed "Lord, please help me find it." As I parked in the garage rushing for the house, something caught my eye as I passed the LAWNMOWER and for some BIZARRE reason the leotard was under the freaking lawnmower! I have no idea how I noticed it in my disaster of a garage and I never mow the lawn, my kids do.

I grabbed it, WASHED it, dried it while I showered and swooped my hair up (I never do that but it worked as if by itself). My little son popped up somehow with an old but well kept silver-metallic lacy shawl that I had forgotten and was perfect. Everything fell into place like a miracle, I felt like Cinderella being transformed at the last minute by bits and pieces from the most bizarre places. And when I walked into the ballroom a little late, people were already seated, which made my entrance noticed. The room actually went silent and people literally GASPED. (I was from the mountains and all my clothes never really fit in with the city). I remember the glare from that "step-sister" and her eyes said, "Old black dress, yeah, right."

To top it off, SHE was wearing the exact same expensive blue skirt that I had almost bought but she wore it with a fuzzy mauve top that didn't match at all and made her look awful! It enhanced rolls I never even knew she had! I know we're not supposed to enjoy that but man, I couldn't help it, I had taken SO MUCH ABUSE and it still makes me smile...(oops)

It was an AMAZING night. So ya, God is the Giver of all good things. And sometimes, if we give it all to Him, He gives it back with a sense of humor :)

and I know, I know, those that hate God are going to say 'coincidence'

but I know what I heard that night, and I know how impossible I thought the idea was but went anyway.

God is GOOD.

Or was that just the consequences of living a life without God and then when stuck in the pits of darkness and fruit of it,

So you blame yourself

that explains a lot

That comment lends credence to MountainMan's suggestion that finding God was your way of dealing with...
ya know, you got that part right :)[/quote]

So you developed a mental disorder and called it 'faith'....

You'd have to ask Mel what his beliefs are. I don't speak for Mel. I did see, though, that Mel added a little dialogue where the ONLY MAN THAT HELPED JESUS, right at the moment when the audience felt floored with gratitude that somebody helped Jesus, the man shouted he was a Jew.

Anyone anti-semitic would NOT have put that there. Mel seemed pretty solid in understanding that Jesus and all the disciples were Jews as well.

Mel Gibson DUI incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you're not actually saying that all of Jesus's disciples were Jews their entire lives are you?

I don't agree with what Mel said, neither does he. But when Mel drunkenly said stuff, he had just been through MONTHS of constant fighting with Jewish groups on two issues, I think it was the Anti-Defamation League that was all over him fearing hostility for Jews because of the crucifixion of Christ (when Christians KNOW the Romans actually did it and Christ died because of ALL our sins voluntarily) But Jewish groups were hounding Gibson and his family about the possibility of a backlash.

2. Hollywood, whose top executives happen to be Jewish in so many production companies, was throwing up road blocks and black listing him in every way they could for so many liberal Hollywood reasons.

Mel almost lost MILLIONS because of persecution and opposition to his getting his movie released. THATS when he vented some of his pent up anger when he was drunk. It doesn't excuse it but he is certainly not the monster his persecuters try to make him out to be.

And then the movie made box office history, making a mockery out of the Emmys. :lol:

Last edited:
Beautiful story and I know the spirit moved through you. I have many experiences too but won't open myself up to the JB's of the world.

I added to it while you were posting this.

And you're right, it's just that the fruit of it is SO MUCH BETTER! :)

Well if you take my words literally, then all those men I've kissed in my life really were literally toads before I kissed 'em?

I DO have a fairytale story with the Lord though, but men probably won't appreciate it so :) skip it if you don't like shopping and catty women....

At the first few months of my new job years ago, I sat between two women that hated each other but once I started there they directed all their bitterness at ME. I heard nothing but mean bossing and criticism all day long in STEREO. I wouldn't complain but co-workers that could overhear it complained to my boss. They were harsh, harsh, women, now ganging up on ME, like a step-child.

For MONTHS I would pray every day, at every unfair attack, "God, I'm giving this to YOU, I know You see this and I'm just going to 'cast my cares on You, leave them at the cross like the songs say. Help me try to leave them there.'" It was so bad sometimes I actually cried at night and I never cry. But I couldn't quit because it was part time and paid well. My kids were still young and I needed to be home by 2.

After months of this a Christmas Ball was scheduled. I searched and searched for something to wear and almost bought a beautiful watery blue skirt but it was WAY too expensive and I couldn't find anything that matched it. For weeks, one of my "step-sisters" bragged about a blue skirt she got, went on and on about it and my heart would ache to go buy the one that I saw, but I didn't. Once in a while she asked me accusingly, "What are YOU going to wear?" and all I could say was oh, just an old black dress I have. It was shabby and hardly formal, but I thought it might get by.

The day of the ball we were all excited, a big Christian name (though I never heard of him) was going to perform for us exclusively. At 5:00 I was in a rush to get home to get ready when I heard the Holy Spirit tell me to stop by Gottschalks on the way home. I couldn't believe it. There was NO TIME and I'd all ready scoured the stores. But the Holy Spirit WAS insistent, so I went. And there, all alone on a rack, marked for Clearance was an AMAZING long black sequined dress that was a knockout, the only one there and wouldn't ya know it was just my size and fit like a glove? I was STUNNED and after all the discounts it was $22.79! Un-freaking-believable price.

Now, really late, I raced home, wondering if I could actually wear it because it was way revealing. I remembered an old black leotard that might match the cloth that maybe I could wear under it that wasn't quite so low cut. This was a Christian operation and the dress alone would have been...bad. But I hadn't seen the leotard in years and was afraid I'd trashed it. I prayed "Lord, please help me find it." As I parked in the garage rushing for the house, something caught my eye as I passed the LAWNMOWER and for some BIZARRE reason the leotard was under the freaking lawnmower! I have no idea how I noticed it in my disaster of a garage and I never mow the lawn, my kids do.

I grabbed it, WASHED it, dried it while I showered and swooped my hair up (I never do that but it worked as if by itself). My little son popped up somehow with an old but well kept silver-metallic lacy shawl that I had forgotten and was perfect. Everything fell into place like a miracle, I felt like Cinderella being transformed at the last minute by bits and pieces from the most bizarre places. And when I walked into the ballroom a little late, people were already seated, which made my entrance noticed. The room actually went silent and people literally GASPED. (I was from the mountains and all my clothes never really fit in with the city). I remember the glare from that "step-sister" and her eyes said, "Old black dress, yeah, right."

To top it off, SHE was wearing the exact same expensive blue skirt that I had almost bought but she wore it with a fuzzy mauve top that didn't match at all and made her look awful! It enhanced rolls I never even knew she had! I know we're not supposed to enjoy that but man, I couldn't help it, I had taken SO MUCH ABUSE and it still makes me smile...(oops)

It was an AMAZING night. So ya, God is the Giver of all good things. And sometimes, if we give it all to Him, He gives it back with a sense of humor :)

Are you always this insufferably spunky and perky? No wonder those two women couldn't stand workiing next to you.

Or was that just the consequences of living a life without God and then when stuck in the pits of darkness and fruit of it,

So you blame yourself

that explains a lot

That comment lends credence to MountainMan's suggestion that finding God was your way of dealing with...
ya know, you got that part right :)

So you developed a mental disorder and called it 'faith'....

blame myself? who else is there to blame? I made choices I paid consequences. Why do you seem angry JB?

Last edited:

Are you always this insufferably spunky and perky? No wonder those two women couldn't stand workiing next to you.

Where do you get spunky and perky from? I sat there for months and heard nothing but criticism. Trust me I was not all smiles and roses

Beautiful story and I know the spirit moved through you. I have many experiences too but won't open myself up to the JB's of the world.

Thanks Terry, and thanks for what you did on that other thread. btw, how do we know when we received a warning? I don't see any marks by my statistics there, and where are the rules again?

<SNIP>
See the movie. If you can grasp even a glimmer of the equation that what He did, laying His life down and picking it up again, that you could be reconciled with Him...that every lash was meant for us on judgement day...but He took the heat willingly for you, if you can grasp that, it will rock your world.

I love things Roman, and the Latin language. I have the movie in DVD - for a couple of years now - but haven't been able to bring myself to watch it. Maybe this coming week-end.
Thanks for the review.

Where do you get spunky and perky from? I sat there for months and heard nothing but criticism. Trust me I was not all smiles and roses
No doubt you're a psycho bitch underneath it all.

So Jen concedes that she has no refutation or rebuttal, that jesus has been demonstrated to be a sinner and therefore he is not the son of god and cannot pay for anyone's sins, and that she developed a neurosis because she blames herself for being raped...

We're making progress

<SNIP>
See the movie. If you can grasp even a glimmer of the equation that what He did, laying His life down and picking it up again, that you could be reconciled with Him...that every lash was meant for us on judgement day...but He took the heat willingly for you, if you can grasp that, it will rock your world.

I love things Roman, and the Latin language. I have the movie in DVD - for a couple of years now - but haven't been able to bring myself to watch it. Maybe this coming week-end.
Thanks for the review.

It is absolutely worth watching. Don't believe the hype. It's fantastic.

<SNIP>

Thanks for the review.

I thought it was in Aramic.

You didn't give very good options in this poll =/ 3 of the choices amount to thinking it was great, the other two are it was horrible, or I was too stupid to get it :p

I thought the movie was decent. I was surprised, actually, that I enjoyed it, since I don't believe in the story or the religion. But it was put together pretty well, I don't have an issue with the violence, I think I could sit and watch it again and not be unhappy. It wasn't something I recommended people had to go out and see, but it didn't suck.

Mel Gibson is the ultimate.

I've probably watched Braveheart 100 times. When I was a kid and vcrs were new, I watched Mad Max about 100 times. Braveheart and The Passion are two I have on dvd that I regularly watch.

But then my grandma was a Wallace. A niece of Lew and all that. I've been to more Caledonia days than I can number.

Ach and all that shit.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5w3ZENhUlDU]YouTube - Braveheart Freedom Speech[/ame]

Subsequently, I frequently paint half of myself blue and rampage around (I'm a better rider than Mel, though I'm fatter) on a hoss.

Forum List

Back