Parking: Back or Forward

Do you usually enter a parking spot forward or back in?

• Total voters

Muhammed

Diamond Member
Dec 20, 2010
North Coast, USA
Personally if I have to make a choice I usually back into a parking spot. It just seems easier and safer when you pull out of the parking spot if you are driving forward, especially in a truck, van or larger car. You just have more visibility.

If possible, I go forward in, and to the empty one in front of it, so I can drive straight out.

It depends upon the spot. I prefer to go in and out forward. I find that if I am willing to walk a little further I can find open spots that allow me to do both.

Personally if I have to make a choice I usually back into a parking spot. It just seems easier and safer when you pull out of the parking spot if you are driving forward, especially in a truck, van or larger car. You just have more visibility.

Forward's safest.

When backing out you have the whole lane or driving area. But backing into a narrow slot has far less margin for error.

I mix it up, Backing in a parking space is good for a parking lot in which a good size group of people will be leaving at the same time, like during a shift change. Otherwise, it takes more effort to back into a parking space than it does to back out of the parking space into the more open driving area of the parking lot.

Parking parallel I think because of the car design it is easier to back into the spot.

In a parking lot I never back into a spot much easier to back out then in. I laugh when I see big trucks trying to back into parking spots taking minutes to do so. I guess it saves some time during shift change but I don't really think so.

I beleive some people simply want to show off their driving skills with how well they can back a vehicle into a parking space.

People who drive the wrong way down parking lot alleys should be shot on sight.

pull in forward, back out. The spots are angled for a fucking reason.

Backing into a spot is for pretentious douches

Not my fault you never mastered the ability to back up a vehicle. Perhaps you could take remedial classes?

Backing into a spot that was designed to be pulled forward into is retarded. Has nothing to do with not being able to back up.

But thanks for being pretentious and proving my point

I pull in but I also make every attempt possible to pull through so that I can pull out when I leave. Not usually a problem since I don't mind parking well away from things and walking. It helps with security.

I pull in but I also make every attempt possible to pull through so that I can pull out when I leave. Not usually a problem since I don't mind parking well away from things and walking. It helps with security.

That's annoying as fuck if the lanes are one way, b/c when you pull out you ARE going the wrong way down the lane.

Two lane alley, no biggie

That's annoying as fuck if the lanes are one way, b/c when you pull out you ARE going the wrong way down the lane.

Two lane alley, no biggie

I go out of my way to avoid those annoying angular parking lots with the one-way lanes. They're unsecure in multiple ways. We have a local Walmart with parking like that. I won't shop there.

Forum List

Back