Zone1 Used car and truck market.

I think the vehicle market in general are gouging us. New AND used. Average new car prices have risen about 30% since 2019 and then the last 3 years, because of the chip shortage, they were selling used vehicles for almost the price of a new one.

I’m just wondering how long it will be before the auto industry collapses or they get another bailout. Average new car price is $47,000 and average payment is over $700 per month. At that rate, and considering that used vehicles are almost as expensive as new vehicles, people are simply not going to be able to afford to buy them anymore unless you take out 10+ year loans, which I find to be utterly ridiculous.

These auto makers are going to price themselves out of business.
New car prices are extremely high

For an F150 XLT with v8
1713618493773.png

Just your basic new truck, nothing added except the engine upgrade.

With new selling at these prices (and often above MSRP) it is expected demand for used vehicles will increase and their prices as well.

Don't buy used from a dealer.
Be patient
Don't be fixed on a particular make/model/year.
Do research. Find the car's real value before talking to the owner.
Take an ODB II scanner with you and use it
Test drive the hell out of the vehicle (I warn the seller if he wants to ride along that the drive will be something like GTA 4)

Be ready to drive your "NEW" vehicle till the wheels fall off.

A car/truck is a depreciating asset.
It's a tool.
Buy it as such.

What market do you think would be affected by a policy that destroys millions of good used vehicles?
15 years ago.

1713619352372.gif

Get over it.

It helped the auto industry recover from the GOP Depression of 2008.
It replace millions of high polluting vehicles with lower polluting ones.
It put people to work in the auto industry.

AND

It has zero effect on used car prices in 2024.

AND

I challenge you to explain the convoluted reasoning that you used to come to that incredibly fucking stupid conclusion in order for the USMB forum to scrutinize your train "logic".

I predict that in a display of pathetic intellectual cowardice you will scurry away from that challenge with your tail between your legs like a scared little stinky yappy dog.

I challenge you to explain the convoluted reasoning that you used to come to that incredibly fucking stupid conclusion in order for the USMB forum to scrutinize your train "logic".

I predict that in a display of pathetic intellectual cowardice you will scurry away from that challenge with your tail between your legs like a scared little stinky yappy dog.
I traded in a 1996 van in 2009.
The read door wouldn't open, no AC.
That van was sold off for scrap
It's only impact on the car market in 2024 if based on the chance some of it's melted down metal was used in making a newer car.

Approximately the same impact as the mules who were replaced by trucks 100 yearsearlierr had on the auto market in 2009.

Now I challenge you to successfully suck your own dick.
I know that despite years of practice on others you've never suck-seeded in sucking your own teenie weenie which is why you're a worthless miserable excuse for a mammal,.
Good luck with that fuckbrain.

Explain in detail where the new economies are going then, and who are the winner's and who will be the loser's ? Give us some discrepancy number's if possible.
It should be very clear who the winners are.
Globalist/Elitist
Money and ownership of production has been concentrating into fewer and fewer hands since the 1980s. We are flirting with an arriving era where individuals own virtually no businesses at all.
I don't know your age, but if you are close to me or older, then you remember America BEFORE corporatism took over. When I was growing up in the 1970s - there were only a few corporate owned businesses dotted here and there, the rest all locally owned.
Today - like everywhere else, it is the opposite. Only a few locally owned businesses dotted here and there - all the rest are corporate boxes.
I expect by the end of the 2030s, if nothing changes, privately owned businesses will be almost, of not completely gone.

That is where we are headed, and it is not arguable.

It should be very clear who the winners are.
Globalist/Elitist
Money and ownership of production has been concentrating into fewer and fewer hands since the 1980s. We are flirting with an arriving era where individuals own virtually no businesses at all.
I don't know your age, but if you are close to me or older, then you remember America BEFORE corporatism took over. When I was growing up in the 1970s - there were only a few corporate owned businesses dotted here and there, the rest all locally owned.
Today - like everywhere else, it is the opposite. Only a few locally owned businesses dotted here and there - all the rest are corporate boxes.
I expect by the end of the 2030s, if nothing changes, privately owned businesses will be almost, of not completely gone.

That is where we are headed, and it is not arguable.

It will be all big chain stores and monopolies by then; it almost is now. I think Albertson's just swallowed Kroger's or something like that. Big chains are swallowing other big chains, and prices will rise to pay for the extra costs added on. In other news, the Japanese are now buying out U.S. Steel.

It will be all big chain stores and monopolies by then; it almost is now. I think Albertson's just swallowed Kroger's or something like that. Big chains are swallowing other big chains, and prices will rise to pay for the extra costs added on. In other news, the Japanese are now buying out U.S. Steel.
The other way around, Kroger sought to buy Albertsons, but they were stopped by the FTC.
Every once in a awhile, not often, when the moon and the stars align - the FTC does their job.
But only after Kroger swallowed a long list of local/regional chains. And then they started buying other national changes. If they would have bought Albertson's it would have made Kroger the world largest Food company in the world. Larger than even Walmart

15 years ago.

View attachment 934848

Get over it.

It helped the auto industry recover from the GOP Depression of 2008.
It replace millions of high polluting vehicles with lower polluting ones.
It put people to work in the auto industry.

AND

It helped add to the national debt as the gov't paid much more for some of the vehicles than market value.

Many of the vehicles traded in were much more reliable than the junk produced today, with cheaper parts. Those vehicles are gone forever.

It gave people temporary jobs as they were laid off not long after Obama's first term. 83,000 people in the auto industry lost jobs up until 2008 with GM declaring bankruptcy under Obama in 2009. Using taxpayer money to put those people back to work is 100% wrong. That's NOT what our taxes are for, to bail out private businesses.

Last edited:
While personal anecdotes at USMB do certainly have their place, it is fallacious to argue that your totally unverifiable BS personal anecdote proves your point, moron.

It is a post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy.

Your logic Fails!

You're a fucking moron chink.

1713619352372-gif.934848

It helped add to the national debt as the gov't paid much more for some of the vehicles than market value.

Many of the vehicles traded in were much more reliable than the junk produced today, with cheaper parts. Those vehicles are gone forever.

It gave people temporary jobs as they were laid off not long after Obama's first term. 83,000 people in the auto industry lost jobs up until 2008 with GM declaring bankruptcy under Obama in 2009. Using taxpayer money to put those people back to work is 100% wrong. That's NOT what our taxes are for, to bail out private businesses.
Blame Bush and GOP policies for 83K layoffs in 2008.

First, Obama forced GM to declare bankruptcy in order to receive aid.
AND
Obama forced GM to give significant ownership to the UAW in lieu of benefits / wages owed
AND finally

Not a thing about that or anything your babbling about has anything to do with the price of used cars in 2024.

When it comes to small dicks I must bow to the expert
You bow to Xi, slave.

1)You have never seen my dick.

2)Nor have you seen the dick of any other USMB forumer.

3)Unless there is some sort of extracurricular hanky panky going on at USMB, you have no information regarding the various dick sizes of the USMB forumers. Here at USMB we generally don't send dick pics to each other. We debate politics and wantonly insult each other. We don't send dick pics.

4)Therefore, the only "small dick" you are talking about is your own. You are projecting, you subhuman chink (chimp).

Go suck more Falon Gong Dong, chink bitchboy.

Last edited:
It's only impact on the car market in 2024 if based on the chance some of it's melted down metal was used in making a newer car.

Approximately the same impact as the mules who were replaced by trucks 100 yearsearlierr had on the auto market in 2009.

Now I challenge you to successfully suck your own dick.
I know that despite years of practice on others you've never suck-seeded in sucking your own teenie weenie which is why you're a worthless miserable excuse for a mammal,.
Good luck with that fuckbrain.
Hmm, sounds like you might have already tried that in the way that your post reads. So now you are testing people and giving them analysis or feedback on such a thing ???

This world is truly up side down..

Hmm, sounds like you might have already tried that in the way that your post reads. So now you are testing people and giving them analysis or feedback on such a thing ???

This world is truly up side down..
No, I just like watching MAGATS do what they do best, MAGAT.

I usually buy cars that are 1-3 years old. You get a far better value, often the warranty is still in effect, and they are just the way to go. I've done it for every vehicle I've bought with the exception of the forever truck (2016 F-15, Crew Cab, 3.7 dual turbo, panoramic sun roof, full tech) it's the surf truck dream and I got it new. That damn panoramic sun roof while awesome to look out has issues and cost me some $$$$.

Forum List

Back