Park 51 Mosque Will Be Beautiful

Koran Chapter 9 verse 107 says that, “And there are those who put up a mosque by way of mischief and infidelity - to disunite the Believers - and in preparation for one who warred against Allah and His Messenger aforetime. They will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good; But Allah doth declare that they are certainly liars.”

Park 51?

How so? What lies are being told to disunite the believers?

Koran Chapter 9 verse 107 says that, “And there are those who put up a mosque by way of mischief and infidelity - to disunite the Believers - and in preparation for one who warred against Allah and His Messenger aforetime. They will indeed swear that their intention is nothing but good; But Allah doth declare that they are certainly liars.”

Park 51?

This was revealed in connection to Abu Amir, a Christian who tried to have the Prophet (SAWS) killed during the Battle of Uhud. After the battle, he fled to the Byzantine Empire and attempted to put together a force powerful enough to defeat the Prophet. He called on his supporters who remained in Madinah to construct a building for him to live in after his victory; they began doing so and pretended that it was a mosque.

I fail to see how this is relevant to Park 51.

I thought this thread was to only to be about the new mosque's architecture?

That would be true if it were posted in arts and crafts or general discussion, but you have to expect some religious discussion when you post it in the religion forum. ;)
The person who started the thread politely ask for the discussion to be about the architecture of the new mosque.

Seems like you could honor that request.

As there are plenty of other threads for you to post your irrational hatred of Islam and Muslims. :doubt:

I thought this thread was to only to be about the new mosque's architecture?

That would be true if it were posted in arts and crafts or general discussion, but you have to expect some religious discussion when you post it in the religion forum. ;)
The person who started the thread politely ask for the discussion to be about the architecture of the new mosque.

Seems like you could honor that request.

As there are plenty of other threads for you to post your irrational hatred of Islam and Muslims. :doubt:

Yeah, like this off the wall comment had ANYTHING to do with architecture...

Any true American who believes in the U.S. Constitution should support 100% the building of this Mosque. :cool:

Seems like you could honor the request yourself. Or is it that you can do whatever you choose but force everyone else to adhere to your set of laws?

Sounds like Islam to me.:doubt:

As I said before, if you want the discussion to be about Architecture then place the thread in the appropriate forum. While it is in the religion forum you can't expect people not to talk about religion. It is pretty simple.

Park 51?

This was revealed in connection to Abu Amir, a Christian who tried to have the Prophet (SAWS) killed during the Battle of Uhud. After the battle, he fled to the Byzantine Empire and attempted to put together a force powerful enough to defeat the Prophet. He called on his supporters who remained in Madinah to construct a building for him to live in after his victory; they began doing so and pretended that it was a mosque.

They say it's for peace, but it divides muslims and brings negative attention upon Islam.

Park 51?

They say it's for peace, but it divides muslims and brings negative attention upon Islam.

It isn't as if most of you would suddenly want to hold hands with us and sing kumbaya if this mosque was out of the picture. I think that argument's a bit disingenuous.

It isn't as if most of you would suddenly want to hold hands with us and sing kumbaya if this mosque was out of the picture. I think that argument's a bit disingenuous.

I'm extremely sympathetic to the muslim cause in Palestine. But you want white folks on your side, don't go out of your way to piss them off. Plays right into the hands of the zionists. Maybe that's what it's supposed to do?

You said you were an agnostic.

Ignoramus is the Latin word for agnostic.

Yeah, not really.

The two are related, in such a way as they both deal with knowledge, but they are not interchangeable definitions.

4 years of latin FTW!!

Actually, they are.

The guy that told me that had 20 years of Latin and Greek, FTW!!

No...they're not.

They are related, but they are not interchangeable.

English definition of Agnostic:

: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and probably unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
: a person unwilling to commit to an opinion about something <political agnostics>

Latin definition of ignoramus:

ignor.amus V 1 1 PRES ACTIVE IND 1 P
ignoro, ignorare, ignoravi, ignoratus V [XXXAX]
not know; be unfamiliar with; disregard; ignore; be ignorant of;

The first deals specifically with God, or a person unwilling to commit.

The second deals with someone just not knowing. And the word "agnostic" has a Greek etymology, not Latin.

So while the two terms are related, in that they deal with knowledge of some sort, they are simply not interchangeable. Tell your guy that had 20 years of latin and greek too.

I'm extremely sympathetic to the muslim cause in Palestine. But you want white folks on your side, don't go out of your way to piss them off. Plays right into the hands of the zionists. Maybe that's what it's supposed to do?

If people are so fickle, perhaps we'd be better off if they supported the Zionists. :)

As for going out of our way to piss you off, you're sadly mistaken if you think that someone's paying $100 million to give you the finger.

If people are so fickle, perhaps we'd be better off if they supported the Zionists. :)

As for going out of our way to piss you off, you're sadly mistaken if you think that someone's paying $100 million to give you the finger.

You're not pissing me off. lol. I think it's kind of funny how Muslims are going out of their way to piss Americans off. Could it be another Zionist plot?

You said you were an agnostic.

Ignoramus is the Latin word for agnostic.

Agnostic - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Origin of AGNOSTIC
Greek agn&#333;stos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gn&#333;stos known, from gign&#333;skein to know — more at know
First Known Use: 1869

I meant to apply the following definition:

Agnosticism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agnosticism is the view that the truth value of certain claims—especially claims about the existence or non-existence of any deity, but also other religious and metaphysical claims—is unknown or unknowable. Agnosticism can be defined in various ways, and is sometimes used to indicate doubt or a skeptical approach to questions. In some senses, agnosticism is a stance about the similarities or differences between belief and knowledge, rather than about any specific claim or belief.

Everyone realizes that in a year, the center will have been built.

And no one will care about it anymore.

This is the big nonsense issue of this year - nothing more. Remember the painting of the Virgin Mary with elephant poop on it, back in 1999?

Didn't think so.

Forum List

Back