Parent Arrested For Protesting Use of Common Core

This is like the morning funnies!

I always thought you were actually Odie;

odie1.gif

Omg, I have actually had someone say that to me before, in my dark and distant past.

I have always thought of myself along these lines:

photo71.jpg

Last edited:
You should call your legislators and your governors.

This is really quite simple.

It's about freedom of choice. Being limited to having 1 choice and no voice on your kids' education should be a no-brainer. Having 1 choice and no voice about only being allowed to have BC/BS for an insurance option - no brainer. Having the option of only being allowed cheddar cheese available at the grocery store - no brainer.

Tying parent's hands behind their backs and giving them 1 education "standard" option with no say so - public, charter AND private should be an issue. Unless you're a sheep. In which case, fall in line. You can't vote it out at the local level and it's shoved down your throat.

They do respond to continuous phone calls and letters from parents:

Governor Rick Scott Announces Path Forward for High Education Standards & Decision to Withdraw from PARCC

Following the Governor’s Education Summit in Tampa a few weeks ago, Governor Rick Scott sent a letter to State Board of Education Chairman Gary Chartrand today, outlining six steps for the board to:

1) Maintain high education standards; and,

2) Remove the state from federal intrusion in education policy.

To protect Florida from the federal government’s overreach in education policy, Governor Scott also sent a letter today to U.S. Department of Education Secretary Arne Duncan, announcing the state’s decision to withdraw from the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC). Lastly, the Governor also released an Executive Order today announcing policy improvements that were discussed in the Governor’s Education Summit.

Governor Scott said, “We listened to many people who are passionate about making Florida’s education system the best in the world during our Education Summit in Tampa a few weeks ago. The summit’s discussions were so robust and diverse that they have led to three actions today. First, I sent a letter to Chairman Chartrand outlining a six-step course forward for Florida to ensure we continue to hold our students to high education standards. Excellence in education begins with high expectations for our students. Second, I told the federal government we are rejecting their overreach into our state education system by withdrawing from PARCC. Last, I issued an executive order to address state assessments, ensure student data security and support a transparent and understandable school accountability system.

“While the debate surrounding Common Core Standards has become polarized into a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ discussion, we heard during the Education Summit that most education leaders agreed on two things. We agree that we should say ‘yes’ to high standards for Florida students and ‘no’ to the federal government’s overreach into our education system. Therefore, I notified the federal government that Florida would be withdrawing from PARCC, and at the same time we will hold public comment sessions to receive input on any alterations that should be made to the current Common Core Standards. We are committed to maintaining high standards for our students. Period. The six steps outlined to the Board of Education will help Florida move forward in maintaining exceptionally high standards while removing federal intrusion into our education system.”

Letter to the FL Board of Ed:

http://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/ChairmanChartrand092313.pdf

Letter to US Secretary of Ed:

http://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/SecretaryDuncan092313.pdf

Executive Order:

http://www.flgov.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/EO-13-276.pdf

EDIT: I did a bold font for anyone that's reading impaired.

Thank you testa.

I find it ironic and disturbing that the "progressives" are always leading toward the progression of nothing but full government control of even our children. It has been a slow progression over the years, but now it is full on in our face

The word choice only applies to the killing of the unborn. But is it going to always be a "CHOICE"?

:eusa_hand:

Lemme see:

You don't believe states can adopt Common Core, because it is supported by the Obama Administration, and therefore cannot possibly match state educational goals.

:eusa_think:

Internet posters' opinions, including the fantacy that "Libtards" support Common Core as evidenced by the imaginary infusion of History Texts authored by Zinn

:tinfoil::cuckoo:

vs.

;)

almost every school board in the nation, all of which are composed of the educational professionals of the state.

I'm going to have to go with the overwhelming expert opinion.

Thanks for not making it a difficult choice

:clap2:

you're ignorant and your logic resembles Swiss cheese.....

rapier wit.

****yawn***

It's "Rapier-Like Wit" and there's no such word as 'assertation' (from yesterday).

As with your IQ, you are the only one who appreciates your humor.

Mostly, you're just boring.

Lemme see:

You don't believe states can adopt Common Core, because it is supported by the Obama Administration, and therefore cannot possibly match state educational goals.

:eusa_think:

Internet posters' opinions, including the fantacy that "Libtards" support Common Core as evidenced by the imaginary infusion of History Texts authored by Zinn

:tinfoil::cuckoo:

vs.

;)

almost every school board in the nation, all of which are composed of the educational professionals of the state.

I'm going to have to go with the overwhelming expert opinion.

Thanks for not making it a difficult choice

:clap2:

you're ignorant and your logic resembles Swiss cheese.....

rapier wit.

****yawn***

wake up libtard....you seem to think that opponents of CCore are wearing 'tinfoil hats' but the truth is scarier than fiction....

Who do you think is developing the testing designs for Common Core.....?
(btw these test design groups are being initially funded by the U.S. Department of Education but later testing admistration costs will fall upon the states)

they are computer-driven tests being developed through 2 groups.....

1) PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness of College and Careers)
this group is led by various progressive reformers

2) Smarter Balanced
this group is led by Linda Darling Hammond who is none other than a Stanford radical and a former collegue of Bill Ayers....
Linda Darling Hammond | Danette Clark

doesn't this info rather dull our so-called 'tin foil hats'......?

If this guy didnt follow the set-up then he was wrong in the way he handled the situation.
At the sametime that type of set-up is really disgusting. Its tailored for cherry picking and no real info being talked about.

No, it's to allow the most number of people access to asking a question rather then having the whole hour sucked up by a couple attention grabbing whores like this guy who won't listen, won't shut up or won't sit down when asked.

Because taxpayers should listen to public employees without question.
Because taxpayers should shut up when told to by public employees.
Because tax payers should sit down when instructed by public employees.

If they do not comply they will be subjected to violent surpression.

These people work for the taxpayers, they have no mandate to dictate how these meetings are run.
If you have a question, ask it.
1st amendment.
If you have something to say, say it.
1st amendment.

Why is freedom so offensive to power crazed liberals and their fanatical followers?

It's about freedom of choice. Being limited to having 1 choice and no voice on your kids' education should be a no-brainer. Having 1 choice and no voice about only being allowed to have BC/BS for an insurance option - no brainer. Having the option of only being allowed cheddar cheese available at the grocery store - no brainer.

Tying parent's hands behind their backs and giving them 1 education "standard" option with no say so - public, charter AND private should be an issue. Unless you're a sheep. In which case, fall in line. You can't vote it out at the local level and it's shoved down your throat.

Governor Rick Scott Announces Path Forward for High Education Standards & Decision to Withdraw from PARCC

Following the Governor’s Education Summit in Tampa a few weeks ago, Governor Rick Scott sent a letter to State Board of Education Chairman Gary Chartrand today, outlining six steps for the board to:

1) Maintain high education standards; and,

2) Remove the state from federal intrusion in education policy.

To protect Florida from the federal government’s overreach in education policy, Governor Scott also sent a letter today to U.S. Department of Education Secretary Arne Duncan, announcing the state’s decision to withdraw from the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC). Lastly, the Governor also released an Executive Order today announcing policy improvements that were discussed in the Governor’s Education Summit.

Governor Scott said, “We listened to many people who are passionate about making Florida’s education system the best in the world during our Education Summit in Tampa a few weeks ago. The summit’s discussions were so robust and diverse that they have led to three actions today. First, I sent a letter to Chairman Chartrand outlining a six-step course forward for Florida to ensure we continue to hold our students to high education standards. Excellence in education begins with high expectations for our students. Second, I told the federal government we are rejecting their overreach into our state education system by withdrawing from PARCC. Last, I issued an executive order to address state assessments, ensure student data security and support a transparent and understandable school accountability system.

“While the debate surrounding Common Core Standards has become polarized into a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ discussion, we heard during the Education Summit that most education leaders agreed on two things. We agree that we should say ‘yes’ to high standards for Florida students and ‘no’ to the federal government’s overreach into our education system. Therefore, I notified the federal government that Florida would be withdrawing from PARCC, and at the same time we will hold public comment sessions to receive input on any alterations that should be made to the current Common Core Standards. We are committed to maintaining high standards for our students. Period. The six steps outlined to the Board of Education will help Florida move forward in maintaining exceptionally high standards while removing federal intrusion into our education system.”

Executive Order:

Thank you testa.

I find it ironic and disturbing that the "progressives" are always leading toward the progression of nothing but full government control of even our children. It has been a slow progression over the years, but now it is full on in our face

The word choice only applies to the killing of the unborn. But is it going to always be a "CHOICE"?

I have a very hard time getting past the idea that anyone thinks this is okay. CC is in my face and I have called everywhere for an alternative and have No Other Option.

Sheeple cheer it until it's on them and it fails and there is no where else to go and they wonder what the hell happened and why they have no voting power to do anything about it.

Yes. It is that easy to take our freedoms away.

Executive Order:

Thank you testa.

I have a very hard time getting past the idea that anyone thinks this is okay. CC is in my face and I have called everywhere for an alternative and have No Other Option.

Sheeple cheer it until it's on them and it fails and there is no where else to go and they wonder what the hell happened and why they have no voting power to do anything about it.

The freedom to be what? Ignorant as a fence post? That's fine for adults, I suppose. For kids who have their whole lives in front of them, however, it's unconscionable, especially if it's imposed on them by woefully ignorant adults who have some kind of nutty agenda that's based on the latest conspiracy theory du jour.

Thank you testa.

The freedom to be what? Ignorant as a fence post? That's fine for adults, I suppose. For kids who have their whole lives in front of them, however, it's unconscionable, especially if it's imposed on them by woefully ignorant adults who have some kind of nutty agenda that's based on the latest conspiracy theory du jour.

Nice.

I don't remember saying anything about "conspiracy theory" and that's light years away from my point.

Can you go back back back and respond to the response I responded to your response with?

Or if this is what we've got for "conversation" -

There's no point in continuing it.

Executive Order:

Thank you testa.

their methods are invidious....check out this video where a mother reports that she basically got 'sent to the principle's office' for discussing Common Core with other parents....would she be arrested too if she persisted in using those school lists of the parents.....? or would those contact lists just disappear....?

PS: Note to Samson.....is this why you act like a libtard about this....? you might lose your job....?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back