Parent Arrested For Protesting Use of Common Core

It's always is so easy to have your little thread wars, however, they are "experimenting" with our kids at a very high level in a very broad sweep.... and we are talking about the gubbamint here.

Is it so easy to take our freedom away? Here's your single gubbamint education option, we're not sure if the shit works or not, but we're going to go ahead and make you do it anyway and we'll see how your kids fair in a few years.

:cuckoo:

You make it sound as if experimentation is some radically new concept in education.

:lol::lol::lol:

This is nothing new.

Nor is protesting the government anything new:

What is NEW at just about any school board or community meeting is the appearance of someone wearing a tinfoil hat that will appear to be on youtube.

What is also new is that the tinfoil hat-wearing attention whore will become a cause celeb for partisan droolers who would rather parrot their favorite talking head than think for themselves.

It's always is so easy to have your little thread wars, however, they are "experimenting" with our kids at a very high level in a very broad sweep.... and we are talking about the gubbamint here.

Is it so easy to take our freedom away? Here's your single gubbamint education option, we're not sure if the shit works or not, but we're going to go ahead and make you do it anyway and we'll see how your kids fair in a few years.

You make it sound as if experimentation is some radically new concept in education.

This is nothing new.

What is NEW at just about any school board or community meeting is the appearance of someone wearing a tinfoil hat that will appear to be on youtube.

What is also new is that the tinfoil hat-wearing attention whore will become a cause celeb for partisan droolers who would rather parrot their favorite talking head than think for themselves.

Really CO?

When was the last time there was a roll out of a single option government education across all the states?

I thought you said earlier in this thread something about your ed background and thought YOU would have some actual discussion or input.

This is nothing new.

Really CO?

When was the last time there was a roll out of a single option government education across all the states?

I thought you said earlier in this thread something about your ed background and thought YOU would have some actual discussion or input.

You don't seem to be paying attention in class. We'll need to seat you closer to the front of the room, but if by "input" you mean agreeing with the absurd accusation that somehow Common Core is a "libturd" conspiracy, the I guess I haven't satisfied.

States have every option to choose from: They always have. Nothing new to have ANOTHER option come along, and there's nothing new about experimentation with different options.

Just because the governors of each state choose the same option doesn't mean there's a vast conspiracy. There is no Federal law requiring CC.

If you people really wanted to protest a Federal Government LAW that is sucking the life and resources out of US schools, then you would repeal the IDEA Act (originally signed, with much reservation, by President G. Ford (R).

"The format of the forum did not allow the public to stand and ask a question. Instead, those who wanted questions answered had to write them on a piece of paper. Dance read the questions and had members of a panel, which included state schools Superintendent Lillian Lowery, answer them.

When Small started speaking, Dance told him that he believed his question would be answered, but Small continued to talk. After a couple of minutes, a security guard confronted Small, saying, "Let's go. Let's go."

So again we find another "persecution" article title that is misleading or wrong.

"Small was charged with second-degree assault of a police officer, which carries a fine of $2,500 and up to 10 years in prison, and disturbing a school operation, which carries a fine of $2,500 and up to six months."

Charges were dropped. Care to speak on that?

Is the "No Child Left Behind" still a viable program or is it now in the ashcan? These panaceas to education seem to come and go with some rapidity, or maybe they have become just a new adjunct to political campaigns?
Will these answers to educational problems only pop up every four years or will every candidate running for political office now have to have an educational program along with his program to end wars, welfare, unemployment, debt and all the other problems?

NCLB is Federal Law.

The Act does not assert a national achievement standard.

Each individual state develops its own standards.

Common Core has become a very popular standard for governors in states as "Red" as Wyoming, and as "Blue" as California implement.

Is the "No Child Left Behind" still a viable program or is it now in the ashcan? These panaceas to education seem to come and go with some rapidity, or maybe they have become just a new adjunct to political campaigns?
Will these answers to educational problems only pop up every four years or will every candidate running for political office now have to have an educational program along with his program to end wars, welfare, unemployment, debt and all the other problems?

NCLB is Federal Law.

Common Core has become a very popular standard for governors in states as "Red" as Wyoming, and as "Blue" as California implement.

Kentucky is leading the way with these new standards.

This is nothing new.

Really CO?

You don't seem to be paying attention in class. We'll need to seat you closer to the front of the room, but if by "input" you mean agreeing with the absurd accusation that somehow Common Core is a "libturd" conspiracy, the I guess I haven't satisfied.

States have every option to choose from: They always have. Nothing new to have ANOTHER option come along, and there's nothing new about experimentation with different options.

Just because the governors of each state choose the same option doesn't mean there's a vast conspiracy. There is no Federal law requiring CC.

If you people really wanted to protest a Federal Government LAW that is sucking the life and resources out of US schools, then you would repeal the IDEA Act (originally signed, with much reservation, by President G. Ford (R).

I'm just fine where I'm sitting.

I didn't mention "libtard conspiracy". But I'm picking up what you're putting down there pretty quickly. Fast learner. Especially when you got to the "you people" part. ;)

No idea (pun) what IDEA and disabled kids has to do with the price of tea in China or this topic.

But thanks for you input.

Good talking to ya.

miss-the-point2.jpg

"The format of the forum did not allow the public to stand and ask a question. Instead, those who wanted questions answered had to write them on a piece of paper. Dance read the questions and had members of a panel, which included state schools Superintendent Lillian Lowery, answer them.

When Small started speaking, Dance told him that he believed his question would be answered, but Small continued to talk. After a couple of minutes, a security guard confronted Small, saying, "Let's go. Let's go."

So again we find another "persecution" article title that is misleading or wrong.

"Small was charged with second-degree assault of a police officer, which carries a fine of $2,500 and up to 10 years in prison, and disturbing a school operation, which carries a fine of $2,500 and up to six months."

Good politics by the school board, I would think, with a private warning to the citizen, "You have had your moment. Next time, you go to court."

Really CO?

I didn't mention "libtard conspiracy". But I'm picking up what you're putting down there pretty quickly. Fast learner. Especially when you got to the "you people" part. ;)

No idea (pun) what IDEA and disabled kids has to do with the price of tea in China or this topic.

Good talking to ya.

miss-the-point2.jpg

Sorry you couldn't commect the dots, so here's a primer:

Common Core => Not a resource sucking Federal Mandate

IDEA => IS a resource sucking Federal Mandate

Comparatively speaking, the bruhaha associated with Common Core is way out of proportion to the imagined threat to state soveriegnty.

Sorry, I cannot paint the picture more simply.

So your issue is with the state law, not Common Core.

Like you admit, you don't really know what Florida is doing (although I provided the statute). You don't really know what every state does: That doesn't stop you from making wild accusations based on flimsy evidence.

let's start again....answer these 2 questions...

1. despite whatever Florida or any other state is doing to implement their educational policies....are they or aren't they adhering to the Common Core standards....?

2. who actually determines the Common Core standards...?

Interesting you need to ask.

1. I've sited who determines state standards: State Governors throught their appointed committees. This power is given through legislation

2. Common Core standards were developed by more than one person. "Who" is a meaningless question. Who cares is a better question: Answer; State Boards of Education.

If you don't like the laws in your state, the write your congressman; They are not a product of Common Core. If you have legitimate concerns about Common Core, then please, bring them to the debate. So far all you've managed to do is parrot a lot of hypothetical nonsense and half-truths.

wrongo......and i don't "need" to ask except to clear up your bluster....

1. for those who participate in CCore they might provide some input but it is NOT the states that really determine the standards....they are determined by CCore and are uniform for all states...

2. "Who" is a VERY significant question when it comes to standards....and it appears that CCore standards are being developed NOT by teachers but by a few leaders in the CCore program using 'international standards' and standards that are rather mediocre..."Who" is also very important because over time curriculum would be developed....

Last edited by a moderator:

NCLB is Federal Law.

Kentucky is leading the way with these new standards.

:eusa_eh:

Its nice to know Kentucky is leading something.

I understand they also lead the nation in fried chicken.

let's start again....answer these 2 questions...

1. despite whatever Florida or any other state is doing to implement their educational policies....are they or aren't they adhering to the Common Core standards....?

2. who actually determines the Common Core standards...?

1. I've sited who determines state standards: State Governors throught their appointed committees. This power is given through legislation

2. Common Core standards were developed by more than one person. "Who" is a meaningless question. Who cares is a better question: Answer; State Boards of Education.

If you don't like the laws in your state, the write your congressman; They are not a product of Common Core. If you have legitimate concerns about Common Core, then please, bring them to the debate. So far all you've managed to do is parrot a lot of hypothetical nonsense and half-truths.

1. for those who participate in CCore they might provide some input but it is NOT the states that really determine the standards....they are determined by CCore and are uniform for all states...

2. "Who" is a VERY significant question when it comes to standards....and it appears that CCore standards are being developed NOT by teachers but by a few leaders in the CCore program using 'international standards' and standards that are rather mediocre..."Who" is also very important because over time curriculum would be developed....

No, states really determine their own standards: Just because you have not been able to grasp this, doesn't make it untrue. Try turning off the talk radio and read some law some time.

It's your opinion (or should I say whatever talking head you've listened to recently) against the school boards of almost every state in the union. I'm not condemning those states (both red, e.g. Texas and blue, e.g. Minnasota) that adhere to developing their own standards. In fact, they serve as examples to contradict the absurd notion that CC is somehow the product of a vast Federally Funded conspiracy.

Good talking to ya.

miss-the-point2.jpg

Sorry you couldn't commect the dots, so here's a primer:

Common Core => Not a resource sucking Federal Mandate

IDEA => IS a resource sucking Federal Mandate

Comparatively speaking, the bruhaha associated with Common Core is way out of proportion to the imagined threat to state soveriegnty.

Sorry, I cannot paint the picture more simply.

You <--------------------------------------------------> Me

:D

PS

Disabled kids sucking Federal Mandate.

Hm.

Let's think on that for a second.

That's raycist!

Good politics by the school board, I would think, with a private warning to the citizen, "You have had your moment. Next time, you go to court."

Erm. Actually, it wasn't good politics. That is akin to what you would see in Russia or China. Suppressing dissent. This man could in theory sue the board for violating his First Amendment rights on the grounds of being prevented from redressing his grievances. We don't silence honest people from asking honest questions, Jake.

No, states really determine their own standards: Just because you have not been able to grasp this, doesn't make it untrue. Try turning off the talk radio and read some law some time.

It's your opinion (or should I say whatever talking head you've listened to recently) against the school boards of almost every state in the union. I'm not condemning those states (both red, e.g. Texas and blue, e.g. Minnasota) that adhere to developing their own standards. In fact, they serve as examples to contradict the absurd notion that CC is somehow the product of a vast Federally Funded conspiracy.

I have Jeb's email address, you should have a chat with him.

Here, I'll give you a hint.

Two 2016 presidential horse race stories posit that former Gov. Jeb Bush’s stock is down following the recent resignation of Education Commissioner Tony Bennett and Florida and Indiana lawmakers questioning the veracity of the A-to-F school grading systems Bush pioneered.

There should be some seating reassignments in class here or a visit to the eye doctor because I've been teaching Real Life "education" consequences, the influence of politics and it's impact and it's lost on many in the Me Me Me!! I don't have kids in school or know anything! thread wars.

Forum List

Back