Pancreatic cancer

Jeremy

TRANSFER!!!
Jun 11, 2010
This, being the second anniversary of my fathers untimely death from pancreatic cancer, I wanted to make a thread for the sake of awareness. It is probably one of the most disgusting cancers.

My father went into the hospital with simple back pains a few days before Christmas, and he past away under Hospice care just four weeks later. The rate of progression and deterioration was ridiculous. Just 28 days from back pains to death.

Cancer is a thief.

pancreatic_awareness_ribbon.jpg

Pancreatic Cancer Action Network | no cost patient support, information, resources

...that is all.

It's an absolutely terrible disease. Pancreatic cancer is possibly the worst form as there is really no cure and it strikes so quickly and with almost immediate death.

My wife's father died from this a few years before I met her. I'm disappointed I never got to meet him.

I have a friend right now battling pancreatic cancer. He's had it for over a year and is doing pretty good, but he has had a lot of problems along the way. He knows that he's on borrowed time with it. It is a bad cancer, and survival is minimal. I wouldn't wish that one on anyone.

I have thus far beaten colon cancer (in '97) and prostate cancer (in '03) which tells me Mother Nature is after me. So my apprehension about pancreatic cancer is one reason why Jack Kevorkian is among my personal heroes. If I'm ever diagnosed with that horrible sentence I want to say goodbye quickly and as painlessly as possible.

This country's laws against euthanasia are stupidly cruel.

Forum List

Back