Palmyra ruins are safe

quorthon

Jan 21, 2015
So everything is okay in Palmyra, ancient ruins are safe. Islamic State just claim that some non-Islamic religious figures may be destroyed, but monuments of architecture (which are non-Islamic too) remain to be untouched. I have more and more doubts that Islamic State militants are so cruel as they seemed to be.

And by the way, have you mentioned there are no photos or videos showing militants against the background of Palmyra ruins?

Islamic State says historical monuments of Palmyra are safe except for the statues - The Washington Post

So everything is okay in Palmyra, ancient ruins are safe. Islamic State just claim that some non-Islamic religious figures may be destroyed, but monuments of architecture (which are non-Islamic too) remain to be untouched. I have more and more doubts that Islamic State militants are so cruel as they seemed to be.

And by the way, have you mentioned there are no photos or videos showing militants against the background of Palmyra ruins?

Islamic State says historical monuments of Palmyra are safe except for the statues - The Washington Post

I have more and more doubts that Islamic State militants are so cruel as they seemed to be.

Yeah, that whole chopping heads off of infidels was overblown.
Gave them a bad rap.
Just some misunderstood fellas.

Islamic state probably aren't as bad as they have been shown to be . If only they had jobs and a purpose in life ehh 'quorthon' ??

Christianity and Judaism is not intent on tearing down the old so as to hide the past , that's the goal of 'islam' though . Heck , there is even talk of destroying the pre Islamic Egyptian pyramids because they are un islamic Oldschool .

Christianity and Judaism is not intent on tearing down the old so as to hide the past , that's the goal of 'islam' though . Heck , there is even talk of destroying the pre Islamic Egyptian pyramids because they are un islamic Oldschool .
That's the goal of of the lunatic terrorists. Far less than 1% of the world's Muslim population has ever participated in or aided terrorism.

And btw go ask an historian what Christians did to pagan rituals and artifacts.

Islamic state probably aren't as bad as they have been shown to be . If only they had jobs and a purpose in life ehh 'quorthon' ??
You forgot about Obama's claim that we need to keep them happy by doing more to fight climate change.

I call it the 'islamists' that have control , your type of prog keeps trying to separate the good from the bad muslim and that's a foolish exercise . The muslim that rules will win because he will kill anyone that opposes him . All the muslims that survive will then do as they are told same as the so called good germans kissed Nazi azz when hitler was running the show in Germany . Point is that the islamist that are ruling are the guys that are destroying this history Oldschool .

don't know about the bible but yeah , from their point of view they are just destroying pagan idols .

I call it the 'islamists' that have control , your type of prog keeps trying to separate the good from the bad muslim and that's a foolish exercise . The muslim that rules will win because he will kill anyone that opposes him . All the muslims that survive will then do as they are told same as the so called good germans kissed Nazi azz when hitler was running the show in Germany . Point is that the islamist that are ruling are the guys that are destroying this history Oldschool .
Only ISIS and other terrorists are destroying this history. There are many Muslim countries with Muslim rulers that are not destroying things.

I think I can understand why extreme Christians in America don't get why liberals support their moderate Islamic counterparts. It's because these Christians have never had to tolerate the crazy ideas of a religion they don't believe in/aren't as zealous about the way that liberals in America do. AND Christianity has the big plus side that they don't have a segment of their population engaging in terrorism, because they've learned how to exist in the modern world.

To me there is very little difference between evangelical Christians in this country, and Muslims living in Saudi Arabia. If evangelicals ruled here, we'd probably look similar to Saudi Arabia. And I also see very little difference between moderate Christians and moderate Muslims living in America. If it were up to me, there would ONLY be moderate Christians and moderate Muslims. I think all those people in the middle east are crazy just like you do, but I find it very hypocritical when I hear a Christian label an entire religion as evil because of the actions of a few, while dismissing their own crazies.

muslims in the USA aren't causing big troubles IN the USA YET but they exist , see the 'somalis' from Minnesota going abroad to fight for 'isis and many of those boneheads were born in the USA and will likely come back to the USA if they aren't killed . Also see 'major hussein' at Fort Worth Texas and they just caught a suspected 'jihadi' in Los Angeles in the last day or 2 , he was an arsonist . See the 2 jihadi that showed up at Pam Gellers and Geert Wilders art show . Yep , all kinds of 'jihadis' in the USA and abroad like in England , France , Germany , Denmark Oldschool .

and my examples are few , I haven't googled but there are lots in the USA and Many , Many more overseas in western 'euro' countries Oldschool .

I have respected everything ISIS has done up until they started destroying ancient Mesopotamian ruins and artifacts. Can't they just limit themselves to culling Christians and taking young female slaves? Beheading people and setting them on fire? Destroying Christianity? Why they gotta fuck with what little remains of ancient Mesopotamia? And now perhaps Egypt as well? Fuck that. Go back to slaughtering Christians but stay the Hell away from my ancestors' ancient temples​

I have respected everything ISIS has done up until they started destroying ancient Mesopotamian ruins and artifacts. Can't they just limit themselves to culling Christians and taking young female slaves? Beheading people and setting them on fire? Destroying Christianity? Why they gotta fuck with what little remains of ancient Mesopotamia? And now perhaps Egypt as well? Fuck that. Go back to slaughtering Christians but stay the Hell away from my ancestors' ancient temples​

I think if you went over there, explained it to them in person and throw in couple death to Americas they might be persuaded

Tis nothing that cannot be rebuilt. Perhaps it is time for a new, epic, pagan culture with its own badass temples to emerge and blossom here in America? Perhaps in the beautiful deserts of the southwest...​

I have more and more doubts that Islamic State militants are so cruel as they seemed to be.

Yeah, that whole chopping heads off of infidels was overblown.
Gave them a bad rap.
Just some misunderstood fellas.
Well, it's all about perspective. Who knows? Maybe chopping people's heads off is a good thing, in some bizarro, anti-world on another plane of existence. Maybe we just need to adjust our mindset. :dunno:

Well, no, it's evil. Unadulterated evil. Any doubts about that need to be tossed right on the old trash heap. :thup:

Forum List

Back