Concealed carry and the push to expand it.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
this article looks at the increase in people carrying guns for protection.....and the push to expand where that right can be exercised.....

Why Are So Many People Getting Concealed Carry Permits Concealed Nation

But even more important than that looming, lingering fear on the horizon is quite simply people seem to want to take more responsibility for their own lives. While police and first responders generally have a decent response time – when a life-changing scenario is unfolding in seconds, minutes kill.

Tying it all together, though, as more concealed carriers go out there into the world without even basic firearms training – it falls upon the concealed carry community to help educate these newcomers on firearms safety, weapon maintenance, and even gun etiquette. Whether it’s a co-worker, friend, or family member – it’s absolutely essential that newcomers to the CCW community be greeted and helped along so that if – or when – the time comes, that’s one more weapon putting rounds on target.

well, that is our hope, but it will take a substantial amount of time, focus and money for each to achieve it. Teh level of "training' and practice that cops get/have certainly aint enough. It MIGHT be, for civilians, IF it's carefully applied to the sort of distances/circumstances that civilians face, if augmented by a lot airsoft, but it's not enough for what cops face.

Guns are the crack of the partisan hacks. Courage is imaginary and thus the gun huggers love of the source of their guts, like a child with its blankee.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

"When Charlton Heston (a movie actor who once played Jesus with shaved armpits) tells me in TV commercials (public-service announcements?) about all the good work the National Rifle Association (to which Father and I both belonged when I was a kid) is doing, and how glad I should be that civilians can and do keep military weapons in their homes or vehicles or places of work, I feel exactly as though he were praising the germs of some loathsome disease, since guns in civilian hands, whether accidentally or on purpose, kill so many of us day after day.

(When I graduated from School Number Forty-three in Indianapolis, each member of our class had to make a public promise as to what he or she would try to do when an adult to make the world a better place. I was going to find a cure for some disease. Well-I sure don't need an electron microscope to identify an AK-47 or an Uzi.)

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," sayeth Article II of the Bill of Rights, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Perfect! I wouldn't change a word of it. I only wish the NRA and its jellyfishy, well-paid supporters in legislatures both State and Federal would be careful to recite the whole of it, and then tell us how a heavily armed man, woman, or child, recruited by no official, led by no official, given no goals by any official, motivated or restrained only by his or her personality and perceptions of what is going on, can be considered a member of a well-regulated militia.

(To cut a Gordian knot here: I think a sick fantasy is at work, of a sort of Armageddon in which the bad people, poor, darkskinned, illiterate, lazy, and drug-crazed, will one night attack the neat homes of the good white people who have worked hard for all they have, and have in addition given money and time to charity.)

I used to be very good with guns, was maybe the best shot in my company when I was a PFC. But I wouldn't have one of the motherfuckers in my house for anything.... I consider the discharge of firearms a low form of sport."

p80-81 Kurt Vonnegut, 'Fates worse than Death'

Guns are the crack of the partisan hacks. Courage is imaginary and thus the gun huggers love of the source of their guts, like a child with its blankee.

"In 1991, Warren E. Burger, the conservative chief justice of the Supreme Court, was interviewed on the MacNeil/Lehrer NewsHour about the meaning of the Second Amendment's "right to keep and bear arms." Burger answered that the Second Amendment "has been the subject of one of the greatest pieces of fraud--I repeat the word 'fraud'--on the American public by special interest groups that I have ever seen in my lifetime." In a speech in 1992, Burger declared that "the Second Amendment doesn't guarantee the right to have firearms at all. "In his view, the purpose of the Second Amendment was "to ensure that the 'state armies'--'the militia'--would be maintained for the defense of the state."

"When Charlton Heston (a movie actor who once played Jesus with shaved armpits) tells me in TV commercials (public-service announcements?) about all the good work the National Rifle Association (to which Father and I both belonged when I was a kid) is doing, and how glad I should be that civilians can and do keep military weapons in their homes or vehicles or places of work, I feel exactly as though he were praising the germs of some loathsome disease, since guns in civilian hands, whether accidentally or on purpose, kill so many of us day after day.

(When I graduated from School Number Forty-three in Indianapolis, each member of our class had to make a public promise as to what he or she would try to do when an adult to make the world a better place. I was going to find a cure for some disease. Well-I sure don't need an electron microscope to identify an AK-47 or an Uzi.)

"A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State," sayeth Article II of the Bill of Rights, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." Perfect! I wouldn't change a word of it. I only wish the NRA and its jellyfishy, well-paid supporters in legislatures both State and Federal would be careful to recite the whole of it, and then tell us how a heavily armed man, woman, or child, recruited by no official, led by no official, given no goals by any official, motivated or restrained only by his or her personality and perceptions of what is going on, can be considered a member of a well-regulated militia.

(To cut a Gordian knot here: I think a sick fantasy is at work, of a sort of Armageddon in which the bad people, poor, darkskinned, illiterate, lazy, and drug-crazed, will one night attack the neat homes of the good white people who have worked hard for all they have, and have in addition given money and time to charity.)

I used to be very good with guns, was maybe the best shot in my company when I was a PFC. But I wouldn't have one of the motherfuckers in my house for anything.... I consider the discharge of firearms a low form of sport."

Same tired rant of the hater of individual rights.

Also, think for yourself for once, instead of letting copy-pasta do it for you.

You really don't follow this debate do you....

Guns in the hands of the American people stop or prevent violent criminal attack on average 2 milion times a year...that is based on 10 studies that excluded police and military defensive shootings, conducted over decades by both public and private researchers.....

And there are a total of 16 studies that I have posted over and over that show that the lowest number of any of those single studies is 760,000 times a year....

Now...there are only 8-11,000 gun murders for 2013 between the FBI table 8 and the CDC numbers.....vs......2 million crimes stopped......

Accidental gun deaths for 2013.....505 out of a population of over 320 million people with over 320 million guns with over 90 million homes with guns in them with over 11.1 million people now carrying guns for self defense....

505 accidental deaths.......

And as more Americans own and carry guns the gun murder rate and the accidental gun death rate are going down, not up...

so your post is wrong...completely and totally......

Forum List

Back