Palin's Supreme Court Knowledge

A little much?

Not on what she reads, the Exon Valdez Supreme court decision, what McCain has deregulated, etc.

She has had trouble answering the simplest of questions for someone who should be qualified to be VP.

She bullshits and prettyfacers her way out of the answer.

And, yes, Diuretec, she is mean and vindictive according to some reports.

Do you have anything besides vagueries and hearsay to back up any of that?

Ali, you don't know your partisan ass from a hole in the ground.

Did you read on these threads that back in June the Supreme Court decision on the Exon Valdeze decreased the amount of damages that they have to pay for damaging ALASKA beaches and she complained about it then.

She can't remember that far back.

Keep defending her no matter what happens. She could be the final push to make sure McCain stays in Arizona.

I guess you missed the damn debate. They asked Obama a lot more than about his feelings.

Talk about a partisan hack.

Living on De Nile is not a great thing.

Except we're not talking about debates. We're talking about interviews. In debates, you get a few questions and minutes to respond and counter, and the questions are the same for both sides.

Who gives a shit about her knowledge of the cases of the High Court. I couldn't tell you much about the High Court until I went to law school. Now I can quote too many of them. Guess what, knowing all those majority oppinions and dissents hasn't helped me a damn bit. Knowing these cases has never been a litmus in the past and shouldn't be now.

That being said, I personally think she is dumb as a bag of shit. I just hate double standards.

Who gives a shit about her knowledge of Supreme Court cases?

She may be in the position to APPOINT Supreme Court justices!!!

OBAMA QUESTIONS
How does it feel to break a glass ceiling?
How does it feel to “win”?
How does your family feel about your “winning” breaking a glass ceiling?
Who will be your VP?
Should you choose Hillary Clinton as VP?
Will you accept public finance?
What issues is your campaign about?
Will you visit Iraq?
Will you debate McCain at a town hall?
What did you think of your competitor’s [Clinton] speech?

PALIN QUESTIONS

Do you have enough qualifications for the job you’re seeking? Specifically have you visited foreign countries and met foreign leaders?
Aren’t you conceited to be seeking this high level job?
Questions about foreign policy
-territorial integrity of Georgia
-allowing Georgia and Ukraine to be members of NATO
-NATO treaty
-Iranian nuclear threat
-what to do if Israel attacks Iran
-Al Qaeda motivations
-the Bush Doctrine
-attacking terrorists harbored by Pakistan
Is America fighting a holy war? [misquoted Palin]

Not that I think Palin is a braintrust, far from it, however, some of the questions that she is asked as compared to the other candidates are a little much. So you think the average American knows about Supreme Court decisions? Hell the average American can't even tell you who the first president of the United States was. I admit she looked like a complete trainwreck in her last two interviews but some of the questions she is asked are a pure gotcha type. On the Supreme Court thing though, I will say this, there is that Bush v. Gore one. Not that a member of the Republican party would not know that. lol

YouTube - Americans are NOT stupid - WITH SUBTITLES

Because Obama has been there, done that. The media already has the scoop on him. Palin, on the other hand is from Alaska. People know very little about her. That's the difference. If Obama was a no name from Alaska, he would be asked the same questions that Palin is asked.

I know. She's being asked left-field questions (who the hell can come up with Supreme Court decisions that they disagree with at the drop of a hat. Huh?) that are tailored to be absolutely specific and to make her look stupid.

They ask Obama about feelings. They ask Palin about foreign relations experience and Supreme Court rulings.

What a joke. She should have said, "Name a couple, you dumb bitch, and I'll tell you if I agree with them or not."

It's not Katie Couric's job to know dummy. She is there to ask questions and get whoever's insight. People wanna know more about her and what she brings to the table. This is such a critical time for the United States and what direction it want's to take. It's not Katie Couric's fault that Palin is unqualified. Palin brought that upon her self by CONTINUOUSLY answering questions with ridiculous answers. She should know most of this stuff already. She needs to do her homework because at the moment, she is unqualified as Vice President let alone President of the United States of America.

If you think Sarah Palin is ready to lead this country as of now, you are a freakin' idiot. Plain and simple.

I mean, she can't even answer a SIMPLE QUESTION of what kinds of newspapers she reads but she's ready to lead the most powerful country in the world? Something doesn't add up :cuckoo: You ask an 8 year old what kind of cereal he likes, he's not gonna say "just about all of em". He'll prolly name a SPECIFIC CEREAL he likes. Fruity Pebbles, Co Co Puffs, SOMETHING!!! LOL. Ask any 8 or 9 year old what kind of cereal he or she likes. I bet you they will name a specific cereal or AT LEAST name the mascot that is on that cereal. "The cereal with the Tiger on it". Something within those lines.

Last edited:
Because Obama has been there, done that. The media already has the scoop on him. Palin, on the other hand is from Alaska. People know very little about her. That's the difference. If Obama was a no name from Alaska, he would be asked the same questions that Palin is asked.

kane, while I agree the press should ask hard questions of ALL the candidates, you must admit that Obama is hardly challenged in the media. There is such a love affair going on with Obama in the media that the word fairness would apply in this situation. I think Palin dug her own hole though with the media, by hiding out and not talking to them and that gave them the incentive for those gotcha moments. She comes across to me everytime I see her as unprepared and completely unaware of the office. However, to be fair to her though, when you compare how she is treated by the media as opposed to Obama or Biden for that matter you have to admit that there is a huge difference. I won't deny though that some of her treatment by the media was her own doing.

Not that I think Palin is a braintrust, far from it, however, some of the questions that she is asked as compared to the other candidates are a little much. So you think the average American knows about Supreme Court decisions? Hell the average American can't even tell you who the first president of the United States was. I admit she looked like a complete trainwreck in her last two interviews but some of the questions she is asked are a pure gotcha type. On the Supreme Court thing though, I will say this, there is that Bush v. Gore one. Not that a member of the Republican party would not know that. lol

i would agree that some of the questions were a bit much. but it doesnt matter whether the average american would know the answer. i dont want an 'average' person in the whitehouse! our leaders should be the best and brightest, not an 'average joe sixpack'

i would agree that some of the questions were a bit much. but it doesnt matter whether the average american would know the answer. i dont want an 'average' person in the whitehouse! our leaders should be the best and brightest, not an 'average joe sixpack'

Oh no, don't get me wrong I think she should be asked hard questions and if she doesn't pass muster then send her packing. I damn sure don't want anyone in the White House, especially now, that does not have a single clue about what the job involves. Seriously though on the best and brightest part, I think those really don't want the job. lol So we have to settle for as good as we can get given the choices we are given.

kane, while I agree the press should ask hard questions of ALL the candidates, you must admit that Obama is hardly challenged in the media. There is such a love affair going on with Obama in the media that the word fairness would apply in this situation. I think Palin dug her own hole though with the media, by hiding out and not talking to them and that gave them the incentive for those gotcha moments. She comes across to me everytime I see her as unprepared and completely unaware of the office. However, to be fair to her though, when you compare how she is treated by the media as opposed to Obama or Biden for that matter you have to admit that there is a huge difference. I won't deny though that some of her treatment by the media was her own doing.

They've already asked Obama these "hard" questions all the time and in the past. For the past few years to be exact. From CNN, MSNBC, shows like 60 minutes, 20/20, etc., You name it. He's been on there and was asked questions about anything and everything. There was never a time where he said "I'll get back to you on that one" or "when I find it, I'll give it to ya". You say something RIDICULOUS, you gonna be put in the spotlight, plain and simple. You saw what happened to McCain when he couldn't answer a simple question of how many homes he owns. "I'll have my staff get back to you on that". What kinda BS answer what that? That's $HIT he should already know and not have to think about.

Palin kind of owned herself in those interviews by giving those dumbass relies. If you don't know the answer to a question, say you don't. If you don't fully understand a question, ask them to rephrase it. Don't BS your way around it. That's how you mess yourself up -_-

No he hasn't. THe media put him where he is, and they're committed to making him look as pretty as they can.

They've already asked Obama these "hard" questions all the time and in the past. For the past few years to be exact. From CNN, MSNBC, shows like 60 minutes, 20/20, etc., You name it. He's been on there and was asked questions about anything and everything. There was never a time where he said "I'll get back to you on that one" or "when I find it, I'll give it to ya". You say something RIDICULOUS, you gonna be put in the spotlight, plain and simple. You saw what happened to McCain when he couldn't answer a simple question of how many homes he owns. "I'll have my staff get back to you on that". What kinda BS answer what that? That's $HIT he should already know and not have to think about.

Palin kind of owned herself in those interviews by giving those dumbass relies. If you don't know the answer to a question, say you don't. If you don't fully understand a question, ask them to rephrase it. Don't BS your way around it. That's how you mess yourself up -_-

"That's above my paygrade."

No he hasn't. THe media put him where he is, and they're committed to making him look as pretty as they can.

well that's a very hard thing to do. Nothing pretty about him. He is steeped head to toe in corruption. Course then there are the Obamamatons.

Said Matthews of Obama: "I've never seen anything like this. This is bigger than Kennedy. He comes along, and he seems to have all the answers. This is the New Testament."

Let's look at is shall we, New York Times tells John McCain they cannot print his Op_ed until it is more like Obama's and they would be glad to rewrite it for him. Lets look at the number of news anchors that followed Obama around when he made his trips overseas and the questions they asked, " How do you like the heat here in Iraq?" , "Do you think Michelle and the girls miss you? ", from the View " Do you think your as handsome as Brad Pitt? " It's pretty well documented that the media has a little love affair with Obama, how about another famous Matthews quote from MSNBC. " I get a chill down my leg everytime I see him" Now, while he has been on many many shows, in the last two years he is rarely asked hard questions until pressed into a corner where he has to answer them like in the Rev. Wright situation. Now I'm not defending Palins performance in her interviews or Obama's what I am saying is that ALL candidate need to be asked the hard questions equally.

About the Obama questions, Palin questions comparison.... Did you happen to look at the date of those Obama questions? It was at the beginning of the Primary Season. You know, when all the polls and pundits said it was likely that Clinton would be the nominee but Obama had an outside shot? Obama did not even have the nomination. All news outlets, when given interviews, picks their questions based on the current news around them. At the time, the story was not Obama as president, since at that time, it didn't even seem likely he would win. The story was that an African American had a legitimate chance at winning a nomination. So, this is really apples and oranges by the right in an attempt to play the poor victim.

I don't see them asking McCain these questions either. I think it is legitimate for the press to approach candidates who hold national office, and have been in the national spotlight for some time, differently than someone obscure who most people had never heard of until recent months.

You should be glad Obama was not asked the same questions. If so, I think the well-spoken Senator would have been able to elaborate clearly on sources he reads for news. He's even talked about the books he plans to keep in the white house for inspiration (one a biography and analysis of Lincoln). I think he would have been ok discussing his foreign policy credentials with an undergraduate degree specializing in international relations and currently sitting on the Foreign Policy committee in the U.S. Senate. And there would be no trouble at all for him to talk about Supreme Court cases since HE TAUGHT CONSTITUTIONAL LAW at the University of Chicago for 12 years. No, if they had been asked the same questions, it would have been a situation where not only did Sarah Palin look uninformed and ill-prepared, but we would have had clear knowledgeable answers from Obama to directly compare her answers to. You should count your blessings that they weren't asked the same questions.

Are you practising as a lawyer? If so, are you serious that knowing the cases hasn't helped you? When did they chuck out stare decisis? :eusa_eh:

They haven't chucked it out. What I mean is that I don't refer to SCOTUS rulings regularly. I also have an entire library of decisiions and dissents on my laptop if I need to refer to any. Knowing the cases that I learned in law school hasn't helped me thus, except to pass the Bar. ;)

Gov.Palin doesn't know many high court cases and Senator Obama doesn't know there are 50 states...I'll take Palin.

Gov.Palin doesn't know many high court cases and Senator Obama doesn't know there are 50 states...I'll take Palin.

That is a lie.

Obama was talking about how many contests there were and misspoke.

Palin was asked a direct question and didn't know the answer. Big difference.

How many houses does McCain own?

That is a lie.

Obama was talking about how many contests there were and misspoke.

Lol, sure whatever you say Chris.

I'm posting from my phone and can't post links. Would someone please post the youtube link to Sen. Obama saying he had visited 57 states.

Forum List

Back