Palin wants us all to speak "American"

Not the most eloquent I've heard- but I agree with the sentiment - "You want to be in America, A, you'd better be here legally or you're out of here. B, when you're here, let's speak American. ...Let's speak English, and that's a kind of a unifying aspect of the nation is the language that is understood by all".

Except that there isn't an official language of the US.

You want to bring people together? Then stop making policies designed to keep people apart.

This just sounds like the most convenient and best sounding reason to make everyone do what you want them to do.

""I can't think of any Republican that I know who would have that in their heart," Palin said. "(The Republican Party) is the party that would wish to bring people in together, standing together, putting America first, even in terms of the culture, accepting people's differences and the diverse views and everything else, because we have common sense driving our party," she said."

This made me laugh.......

Of course a leftist zealot would laugh. Leftists who brook not even the slightest deviation from party doctrine and who treat diversity of thought as a capital offense.

Not the most eloquent I've heard- but I agree with the sentiment - "You want to be in America, A, you'd better be here legally or you're out of here. B, when you're here, let's speak American. ...Let's speak English, and that's a kind of a unifying aspect of the nation is the language that is understood by all".

You want to bring people together? Then stop making policies designed to keep people apart.....

Too bad keeping people apart is the fundamental principle of the democrat party.

atu0gwf.jpg

Wow, funny. Must suck for you to know that object of your ridicule has accomplished more than you ever will no matter how long you live. :lol:
I doubt playtime quit in the middle.

A short, heavy set rather brown lady was standing in the grocery line, talking on her cell phone. As she continued her conversation, you could see that the older white gentleman behind her was getting increasingly upset.

She finished, and then the old fellow stated to her, "Really, if you want to talk Mexican, you should go back to Mexico. You are in America, speak American!"

She then looked up at him, and said, " That was was American, Navajo. If you wish to speak English, why don't you go back to England?"

LOL

You want to bring people together? Then stop making policies designed to keep people apart.

This just sounds like the most convenient and best sounding reason to make everyone do what you want them to do.

A common language does not keep people apart. Thanks for playing.

A common language does not keep people apart. Thanks for playing.

I didn't say it did.

What I say, while you were playing with something or other (your todger?) is that many right wing policies keep people apart, and yet here were are with one thing they can use the convenient excuse that it brings people together.

I don't buy it.

'Palin told CNN's Jake Tapper in an interview that aired Sunday on "State of the Union." "On the other hand, I think we can send a message and say, 'You want to be in America, A, you'd better be here legally or you're out of here. B, when you're here, let's speak American.'

The perfect idiot.

And the perfect representative of the nativism common to most on the right, the hostility toward immigrants, and the fear of diversity, dissent, and expressions of individual liberty.

Liberals taking a breather from the Hillary disaster to engage in their favorite meaningless past-time: Ridiculing quotes from Conservatives.

When you want to relax, doing something really simple is a good way to waste a bit of time.

There is are differences between American English and British English, which literate people understand.
:eusa_doh:

There is no language called, "American." But it is fun watching rightwingers trying to defend her idiocy, so thanks for that.

"Neither in French nor in English nor in Mexican." - George Bush, 2001

"when you’re here, let’s speak American." - Sarah Palin, 2015

Have you ever spoken to an English person?

If you had, you know we actually speak a different language, we just don't call it Americanish

"American" is not a language.

Rather than defending this absurd notion, admit that she misspoke and move on. It's not necessary to defend every single thing she says.
I'm not defending, I'm agreeing, I've thought this since the early 90's when we pulled into england and only understood ~ 75% of what they said.

fish and chips is chip and french fries

dufuck is a "toad in the hole"?

hamburger is ground beef but we also have ground beef

I watched the season where the UFC brought of team over from England, w/o subtitles no one could understand them, and they had a hard time talking to each other.

Forum List

Back