Palin wants creationism taught in schools

I see nothing wrong with BOTH being taught in school. If evolution is being taught in schools why can't creationism be taught in schools as well.

I think they should either teach both or don't teach any of them at all

Creationism is not science. It can be taught in school under a wide range of areas, but it ain't science. It makes no testable predictions, end of story.

Teach it in science and it opens the door to teach anything anyone wants, in science, like that the flood created the grand canyon or that tectonic plates don't really move or that the big bang never happened or that the world was created while Vishnu was contemplating the lotus emerging from his navel.

Why would she back down?

Oh, because something like 80% of American's think that creationism shouldn't be in Science classrooms.

Did you miss what happened in Pennsylvania? Voters rejected the school board that tried to get this in there, and Pat Robertson predicted a disaster would strike the town, lol. We are still waiting for the disaster

Creationism is not science. It can be taught in school under a wide range of areas, but it ain't science. It makes no testable predictions, end of story.

Teach it in science and it opens the door to teach anything anyone wants, in science, like that the flood created the grand canyon or that tectonic plates don't really move or that the big bang never happened or that the world was created while Vishnu was contemplating the lotus emerging from his navel.
Like I said before. Teach it as Intelligent Design. There isn't any religion associated with ID. There is plenty of science to back up ID.

Like I said before. Teach it as Intelligent Design. There isn't any religion associated with ID. There is plenty of science to back up ID.

SunniMan, you are deeply confused as to what you are arguing for. You are arguing that ID should be in science class. ID is not science. Creationism is not science. Evolution is science. You can mix and match those three to establish your personal view of the world. Many "wacko liberal kook scientists" that are bitched about on here by palerider and others, are not atheists. They just understand what evolution is and that it is not mutually exclusive to religion.

Intelligent Design-Philosophy. Who created everything/ Who created the creator? That's a philosophical question.

Creationism-Religion. God did it with magic.

Evolution-Science. Testable theory that has been observed through fossils and now with live bacteria species.

Many scientists believe that God used evolution as he mechanism, and that the whole 7-days thing is completely relative. Time is relative to the observer, and thus we may falsely conclude that if God said it took 7 days, then that means it took 7 Earth based days. I know the resident evolutionary biologist at the university and he's staunchly Christian. Sings in the choir, preaches in class, has answers to everything, ect....

Teaching non-science issues in a science class is not healthy debate, its teaching religion in science class.

This chick is a f***kin retard.

What do you need to be a commander and chief? To be a mayor and a governor of a backwater state for 2 years?

I am just dumbfounded by this choice.

she did not say to teach it in science class, dumb ass.

ID does not make any testable predictions, therefore it is not science. It can be taught in religious education, philosophy, literature, or a wide range of other subjects.

Evolution makes predictions, because it is a scientific theory. Any scientific theory makes predictions. ID does not.

ID does not make any testable predictions, therefore it is not science. It can be taught in religious education, philosophy, literature, or a wide range of other subjects.

Evolution makes predictions, because it is a scientific theory. Any scientific theory makes predictions. ID does not.

One question---how many times in history has science taught something that proved out to be absolute bullshit ?

One question---how many times in history has science taught something that proved out to be absolute bullshit ?

I don't see that this is an argument for teaching ID in the science classroom. I don't care if it is taught in another classroom.

But to answer your Q, I would guess many. I would also guess that the times in history science taught something that proved out to be absolutely right is much more. And saved lives and advanced democracy in the meantime.

Atom bomb
Antibiotics
Surgical methods
Engineering
Epidemiology

etc etc etc.....

I don't see that this is an argument for teaching ID in the science classroom. I don't care if it is taught in another classroom.

But to answer your Q, I would guess many. I would also guess that the times in history science taught something that proved out to be absolutely right is much more. And saved lives and advanced democracy in the meantime.

Atom bomb
Antibiotics
Surgical methods
Engineering
Epidemiology

etc etc etc.....

I don't care if they teach ID or creationism or evolution in PE. Let's just not get carried away with worshipping science either. It's not all its cracked up to be-------Read what the cutting edge of science was teaching a mere 100 years ago.

The truth is that science doesn't have all the answers, and neither does religion.

I'm torn on the issue of creationism being taught. It depends on HOW it's taught, I guess. If they require the students to read the Bible for study purposes, I'm opposed. If they teach it as a broad view of how different religions view creation, I wouldn't be opposed.

A good theology lesson never hurt anyone. It would be like an early introduction to philosophy, which sparks debate, which enhances the mind. Schools are mindless these days, and kids come out not being challenged. They need challenges.

Last edited:
Evolution is basically just pseudo science. It's an untestable theory, full of huge gaps in both science and logic.

Saddy, the American public thinks it has been proven by hard facts and evidence,

Nothing could be farther from the truth!!

The truth is that science doesn't have all the answers, and neither does religion.

I'm torn on the issue of creationism being taught. It depends on HOW it's taught, I guess. If they require the students to read the Bible for study purposes, I'm opposed. If they teach it as a broad view of how different religions view creation, I wouldn't be opposed.

Science not only doesn't have all the answers---over the years it has given answers that were dangerously WRONG.

A good theology lesson never hurt anyone. It would be like an early introduction to philosophy, which sparks debate, which enhances the mind. Schools are mindless these days, and kids come out not being challenged. They need challenges.

Teach religion in homes or in churches keep it off the street where someone is likely to get hurt. It has no business in schools.

Science of creation should be taught properly.

There are new developments in science that should be taught in schools and are not.

index an electric universe.

Exploring the New RNA World
RNA world

Excellent science that is still being discovered.

Teach religion in homes or in churches keep it off the street where someone is likely to get hurt. It has no business in schools.

Science of creation should be taught properly.

There are new developments in science that should be taught in schools and are not.

index an electric universe.

Exploring the New RNA World
RNA world

Excellent science that is still being discovered.

Things like that are saved for collegiate level learning. It's hard to teach evolving science in a classroom of kids who don't give a shit.

Forum List

Back