Palin Challenges Obama To A Debate

I don't see how that's any different from using a Teleprompter

You're kidding!!!

The odd Republican war against teleprompters that began early in the Obama Administration continues, with the latest variation on the theme being Rick Santorum’s suggestion that it should be illegal for Presidential candidates to use teleprompters.

A leader isn’t just about what’s written on a piece of paper, this much is true, but a leader also is not about who makes the best off-the-cuff speeches, and that’s a pretty bad measure for picking a President. Santorum isn’t just denouncing teleprompters here, of course, he’s denouncing speechwriters, which have been a part of Presidential politics for at least the last 50 years, if not longer. Just as teleprompters have been used by every politician since they were invented, speechwriters have been used by Presidents. Every one of Ronald Reagan’s great speeches went through the hands of at least one speechwriter.

The Republicans’ war on TelePrompters is an example of why many in the party are wary about the GOP nomination fight extending all the way through June. Attacking TelePrompters might be a winning strategy (or at least part of one) in a Republican primary race but’s it hard to imagine any swing voters this November being persuaded by that line of attack.

So the President uses a teleprompter? So, what? So did Reagan, are Republicans insinuating that he was stupid and inauthentic too?
Why Do Republicans Hate Teleprompters So Much?

Have you listened to this supposedly intelligent asshole without a teleprompter? He needed two to speak to a 5th grade class. He is an overeducated idiot without an ounce of common sense, his incredibly bad golf swing tells me everything I need to know about the clown. The way he throws a baseball tells you a bunch more.

You know what is really pathetic??? You are dead serious.

why did palin have stuff written on her hand?

to remember it during a speech, crib notes.

you should make a pic with sarah's name on her hand. so that she can remember that.

You're kidding!!!

The odd Republican war against teleprompters that began early in the Obama Administration continues, with the latest variation on the theme being Rick Santorum’s suggestion that it should be illegal for Presidential candidates to use teleprompters.

A leader isn’t just about what’s written on a piece of paper, this much is true, but a leader also is not about who makes the best off-the-cuff speeches, and that’s a pretty bad measure for picking a President. Santorum isn’t just denouncing teleprompters here, of course, he’s denouncing speechwriters, which have been a part of Presidential politics for at least the last 50 years, if not longer. Just as teleprompters have been used by every politician since they were invented, speechwriters have been used by Presidents. Every one of Ronald Reagan’s great speeches went through the hands of at least one speechwriter.

The Republicans’ war on TelePrompters is an example of why many in the party are wary about the GOP nomination fight extending all the way through June. Attacking TelePrompters might be a winning strategy (or at least part of one) in a Republican primary race but’s it hard to imagine any swing voters this November being persuaded by that line of attack.

So the President uses a teleprompter? So, what? So did Reagan, are Republicans insinuating that he was stupid and inauthentic too?

Fine. Then don't pick on palin for writing on her hand.

You're kidding!!!

Have you listened to this supposedly intelligent asshole without a teleprompter? He needed two to speak to a 5th grade class. He is an overeducated idiot without an ounce of common sense, his incredibly bad golf swing tells me everything I need to know about the clown. The way he throws a baseball tells you a bunch more.

I love ya, sitarro. But presidents shouldn't be judged by their throwing arms.

Your motives were obvious. They were to belittle Sarah Palin and lift your god onto a pedestal.

Are you really going to try to deny that?

Immie

I am not going to try, I AM going to deny it. Telling the truth about Palin is not trying to belittle her. I am not going to be like you and pretend she has no issues. As for the prez, saying that we think of him as, "a god" is so childish and stupid. Not to mention OLD!!!

After the incompetency of George W. Bush, Obama was a welcome change for us. The left finds him to be a good prez and we like him a lot. Why is that such a damn crime??? It comes off as jealousy to me. In the future, I'd appreciate it if you did not attempt to interpret my motives. You're way off base.

Why is it a crime for us to say we like Sarah? Are you jealous that the right actually has a competant woman on its side? It sure seems that way.

More double standards from the left wing.

And it is obvious from your post that I hit the nail on the head in regards to your motive for this thread.

Immie

If you want to like her, go ahead!!! Who cares??? That's not a problem. The problem is that the right does not want anyone to dislike her. And why would I be jealous of a competent woman on the right?? There are plenty of them. Sara Palin just isn't in that group.

And if you want to think you hit the nail on the head, go right ahead. I'm not going to argue about it. It much more important to you than it is to me.

You're kidding!!!

I love ya, sitarro. But presidents shouldn't be judged by their throwing arms.

agreed. Throwing accuracy is more important :lol:.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9pDUP8fiac]President "Wild Thing" Obama's Opening Day Pitch 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

You're kidding!!!

When did I do that???

You're kidding!!!

When did I do that???
Maybe you didn't. But others on the left have.

I am not going to try, I AM going to deny it. Telling the truth about Palin is not trying to belittle her. I am not going to be like you and pretend she has no issues. As for the prez, saying that we think of him as, "a god" is so childish and stupid. Not to mention OLD!!!

After the incompetency of George W. Bush, Obama was a welcome change for us. The left finds him to be a good prez and we like him a lot. Why is that such a damn crime??? It comes off as jealousy to me. In the future, I'd appreciate it if you did not attempt to interpret my motives. You're way off base.

Why is it a crime for us to say we like Sarah? Are you jealous that the right actually has a competant woman on its side? It sure seems that way.

And it is obvious from your post that I hit the nail on the head in regards to your motive for this thread.

Immie

If you want to like her, go ahead!!! Who cares??? That's not a problem. The problem is that the right does not want anyone to dislike her. And why would I be jealous of a competent woman on the right?? There are plenty of them. Sara Palin just isn't in that group.

And if you want to think you hit the nail on the head, go right ahead. I'm not going to argue about it. It much more important to you than it is to me.

I've been doing my damnedest to think of some on the left ever since I wrote that post... I may never come up with one!!!!! :razz:

Just kidding, because as much as I didn't like her at first, I would say that Hillary Clinton has proved herself competent. I can't say that I want her to be President, but I think she is competent and now, if I had to choose between her and President Obama, I would choose her.

Immie

Immie

I've been doing my damnedest to think of some on the left ever since I wrote that post... I may never come up with one!!!!! :razz:

Just kidding, because as much as I didn't like her at first, I would say that Hillary Clinton has proved herself competent. I can't say that I want her to be President, but I think she is competent and now, if I had to choose between her and President Obama, I would choose her.

Immie

Hillary would be good, but she will never win now.

Immie

As far as presidents go that is.

Immie

Jeb would be good, but he will never win now.

Immie

You're kidding!!!

what is REALLY pathetic, is that you don't see the humor in those pictures... especially the ones that essentially say 'Obama throws like a girl!' :rofl:

what is REALLY pathetic, is that you don't see the humor in those pictures... especially the ones that essentially say 'Obama throws like a girl!' :rofl:

No question about it.

Obama has a sweet jump shot, but he throws a baseball like a girl

Bush had one of the best first pitches ever in the World Series after 9-11. Right down the middle with a lot on it

I thought you guys were not supposed to read our mail?

I have wondered (in the past) why my Netflix envelopes arrive a day or two later than normal and the envelope was torn.

Although, I suspect my current mail person has Netflix because that has not happened in a while. Either that or she doesn't like the movies we choose. :D

Immie
Magazines not in plastic will be looked at if there is a story that gets your attention Immi.....you just have to remember to not leave your Sandwich in the Mag.....:lol:

Is that based on experience?

Maybe a piece of lettuce or something. Hope it wasn't something that appeared to look like a drop of mayonaise but came with and "odor".

Now... back on topic!

Immie

been delivering for 30 years.....what do you think?....:eusa_angel:

I keep hearing that W was incompetent.......how exactly was he incompetent? I would have loved to se him veto more of the crap that the democrat Congress put in front of him and I wish he would have said "FUCK YOU" to the ridiculously leftist press but he had more natural and human caused disasters thrown at him in the span of 6 years(I don't believe he was really President for 8, the democrats ran the country from 2006 into 2008 and the purchase of the Presidency by O'Bamma's special interest money), What could President Bush have done to not be "incompetent" ?

you are actually asking that?......he was a piss poor leader who at one time had just about everyone in the Country (except Dean and Chris) behind him....had most of the world,including most Muslim Countries behind him.....and he blew that all to hell by going into Iraq.....that was the first sign of incompetency....some of the Assholes he was listening too was another clue.....we could be here all night listing this shit.....

I keep hearing that W was incompetent.......how exactly was he incompetent? I would have loved to se him veto more of the crap that the democrat Congress put in front of him and I wish he would have said "FUCK YOU" to the ridiculously leftist press but he had more natural and human caused disasters thrown at him in the span of 6 years(I don't believe he was really President for 8, the democrats ran the country from 2006 into 2008 and the purchase of the Presidency by O'Bamma's special interest money), What could President Bush have done to not be "incompetent" ?

you are actually asking that?......he was a piss poor leader who at one time had just about everyone in the Country (except Dean and Chris) behind him....had most of the world,including most Muslim Countries behind him.....and he blew that all to hell by going into Iraq.....that was the first sign of incompetency....some of the Assholes he was listening too was another clue.....we could be here all night listing this shit.....

What... The Democrats hated Bush from the start. Recall that Al Gore lost the election..

Bush had a brief respite from the abuse after 9/11 but as soon as Democrats could they went back to full hate mode.

Also as mentioned.. the economic slide started coincidently with Harry & Nancy( purse string & such) taking over Congress..

Last edited:
Magazines not in plastic will be looked at if there is a story that gets your attention Immi.....you just have to remember to not leave your Sandwich in the Mag.....:lol:

Is that based on experience?

Maybe a piece of lettuce or something. Hope it wasn't something that appeared to look like a drop of mayonaise but came with and "odor".

Now... back on topic!

Immie

been delivering for 30 years.....what do you think?....:eusa_angel:

Yeah...a couple of complaints on your route got Playboy to start wrapping their mags in plastic...something about sticking pages. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back