Palestinian leader Abbas calls Holocaust

You're misguided.

Why? They've got to realize that their stance on Israel is not going to get them anywhere. Israel is not going away and their refusal to recognize Israel is not helping them.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of this :dunno:

Not to be rude or anything, I consider you a very balanced poster, but when it comes to this, I think any 'outsider' doesn't get it.

I lived in the south for 25 years. I don't believe their words. I don't believe Netanyahu's words, either.

Fact is, from here, the sun and clouds are the same, reality doesn't change. As long as the reality is in which the sirens still cry from the speakers, I don't believe them.

They promised us that we won't suffer Missles or terror. That didn't happen. They break their promises all the time.

That is something that niether you, nor anyone other than the southerners, can really understand. I say it with sadness, not with reproach.

They can say, we can say. Reality is the same.

So you tell me, why should we believe any of that.?

The moment Bibi gave Gaza to the Palis, the first thing they did was to utterly destroy the main Synagogue, so deep is their uncontrolled hatred.

They are so full of hatred that Hamas militants were throwing Fatah militants off of buildings to their deaths in 2006, because they didn't hate the Jews enough.

I don't believe a word of it. Not one goddamned word. Enough lies.

Were Abbas to allow BlueHelmets to occupy N. Gaza and not allow even one single rocket attack, I could maybe begin to believe it. Maybe.

Why? They've got to realize that their stance on Israel is not going to get them anywhere. Israel is not going away and their refusal to recognize Israel is not helping them.

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] - you are very right, but only to a certain degree.

History is replete with examples where something changed, but usually from the bottom up, not the other way around. Until you get the idea of "Jews are bad, Jews are dogs, look there is a Jew behind me, I will kill him" out of the heads of the general population, which has been hearing this drivel for decades now, nothing is going to change.

Machmoud Abbas is paying lip service, nothing more.
Abbas has learned from the best, Arafat, who perfected the technique of double-speak lip service, while stealing billions from both the West and Arabs at the same time.

Yes, the same Arafat who gave the order to the Israeli athletes to be murdered at the olympics in München in 1972. Murderer.

You're misguided.

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION] - you are very right, but only to a certain degree.

History is replete with examples where something changed, but usually from the bottom up, not the other way around. Until you get the idea of "Jews are bad, Jews are dogs, look there is a Jew behind me, I will kill him" out of the heads of the general population, which has been hearing this drivel for decades now, nothing is going to change.

I agree up to a point - but the top can institute the beginnings of change. For example - what is being taught in schools.

It reminds me of two things. One was a relatively recent eye-opener for Israeli society, and that was lat years near fatal beating of an Arab teenager in Jeruselem that handed down jail sentences to the Jewish teens involved and made some Israeli politicians question what was going on in schools and society to encourage this level of violence against Arabs in Israel. This wasn't a one-time occurance, but represented the tipping point in civilian violence and Israeli's asked themselves if this was the kind of society they wanted and what was feeding this in society in general and schools in particular. This is a case where leadership can be the catalyst for change.

The other thing it makes me think of is a recent article I read about Dajani, Palestinian educator that organized a trip for his students to visit Aushwitz. This provoked an outcry, threats and dennuciation from Palestinian society. Yet - despite that, it is creating a tiny ripple that may grow and that may be apparent in Abbas' recent statement.

Change is slow - particularly when there is so much hate, but even these little things are promising.

Abbas has learned from the best, Arafat, who perfected the technique of double-speak lip service, while stealing billions from both the West and Arabs at the same time.

Yes, the same Arafat who gave the order to the Israeli athletes to be murdered at the olympics in München in 1972. Murderer.

Is he any more of a murderer than other men of his generation and background, such as Menachen Begin who as head of Irgun was responsible for orchestrating and planning bus and market place bombings of civilians? Both seem to have moved on from that into governance - but one is forgiven and the other hated?

In the statement, which was published on the website of the official Palestinian news agency WAFA in both Arabic and English, Abbas offered his sympathy to the "families of the victims and the innocent people who were killed by the Nazis including the Jews and others."

The Holocaust, he said, represents the "concept of ethnic discrimination and racism which the Palestinians strongly reject and act against."

Abbas also called on the international community to do whatever it can to combat racism and injustice in order "to bring justice and equity to the oppressed people wherever they are."
Abbas denounces murder of Jews in Holocaust as 'most heinous crime in modern era' - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

how nice of him to do that after he joined forces with the terrorists of hamas.

and while i agree with his sentiment, i suspect he and i differ on who we think are oppressed people".

I think something is going behind the scenes, I think even hamas realizes that Israel is not going to go away ,and for Abbas to say this and post it in Arabic is surprising after he and Hamas came to an agreement

I wonder what his next magic trick will be, or could he have a terminal illness that only the doctors in Israel can cure ?

Is he any more of a murderer than other men of his generation and background, such as Menachen Begin who as head of Irgun was responsible for orchestrating and planning bus and market place bombings of civilians? Both seem to have moved on from that into governance - but one is forgiven and the other hated?

I condemn Menachem Begin just as much for what he did - only, Menachem Begin, as PM, signed the only peace treaty that has held. Yassir Arafat never did that. But this thread is not about Menachem Begin and we could spend the next four years playing he said she said and end up - nowhere.

However, your point is well noted.

Not to be rude or anything, I consider you a very balanced poster, but when it comes to this, I think any 'outsider' doesn't get it.

I lived in the south for 25 years. I don't believe their words. I don't believe Netanyahu's words, either.

Fact is, from here, the sun and clouds are the same, reality doesn't change. As long as the reality is in which the sirens still cry from the speakers, I don't believe them.

They promised us that we won't suffer Missles or terror. That didn't happen. They break their promises all the time.

That is something that niether you, nor anyone other than the southerners, can really understand. I say it with sadness, not with reproach.

The moment Bibi gave Gaza to the Palis, the first thing they did was to utterly destroy the main Synagogue, so deep is their uncontrolled hatred.

They are so full of hatred that Hamas militants were throwing Fatah militants off of buildings to their deaths in 2006, because they didn't hate the Jews enough.

I don't believe a word of it. Not one goddamned word. Enough lies.

Were Abbas to allow BlueHelmets to occupy N. Gaza and not allow even one single rocket attack, I could maybe begin to believe it. Maybe.

Spot on

Did Abbas thank Israel for not treating the Palestinians like the Nazi's treated the Jews? Did he thank Israel for making peace offerings to the Palestinians & granting them their demand for their own land in Gaza?

In the statement, which was published on the website of the official Palestinian news agency WAFA in both Arabic and English, Abbas offered his sympathy to the "families of the victims and the innocent people who were killed by the Nazis including the Jews and others."

The Holocaust, he said, represents the "concept of ethnic discrimination and racism which the Palestinians strongly reject and act against."

Abbas also called on the international community to do whatever it can to combat racism and injustice in order "to bring justice and equity to the oppressed people wherever they are."
Abbas denounces murder of Jews in Holocaust as 'most heinous crime in modern era' - Diplomacy and Defense Israel News | Haaretz

That's a new one, oppressed people should thank the oppressor if the oppressor does not oppress as badly as the Nazis did. Are you thinking straight?

You're misguided.

"I don't believe Netanyahu's words, either."

Netanyahu has his own problem with Jews outside of Israel , when he plays kissey face with rightwing goyim in America who cheers for war, for their own purposes

et al,

My gut tells me that there is something wrong with this whole scenario of Abbas being nice and sympathetic.

My little grey cells are screaming: Quiet! This must be some sort of trick --- or PR sham.

v/r
R

Wait till you hear the Arabic version, he'll deny it like he did in his younger years. Arab leaders are infamous for saying one thing in English, and the exact opposite in Arabic. For example, most Arab Muslim leaders hedge their Holocaust denial like this, the previous Iranian leader was very good at it: "I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying let's investigate, but EVEN IF IT DID, why are Palestinians to blame?"

Yes, he will lie like a rug, just like that disease infested Yassir Arafat did.

I don't trust him any more than I can throw a large boulder.

So what will happen? Israel isn't going away and neither are the arabs

Look what happened with Egypt ad Jordan.

Last edited:

the fact that you can't tell the difference speaks volumes.

You're misguided.

I agree - your perspective, being in Israel, is going to be very different than mine.

I think though, at some point - pragmatism will win out, endless conflict achieves nothing.

When you set out to plant bombs in public areas and murder innocent men, women and children in the name of some "cause"... I see little difference.

Wait till you hear the Arabic version, he'll deny it like he did in his younger years. Arab leaders are infamous for saying one thing in English, and the exact opposite in Arabic. For example, most Arab Muslim leaders hedge their Holocaust denial like this, the previous Iranian leader was very good at it: "I'm not saying it didn't happen, I'm saying let's investigate, but EVEN IF IT DID, why are Palestinians to blame?"

So what will happen? Israel isn't going away and neither are the arabs

Look what happened with Egypt ad Jordan.

egyptians and jordanians are not palestinians. they made peace because peace benefitted them.

the palestinians don't care about peace. they care only about the destruction of israel. you can't compare.

when i went to jordan last march, our guide told us they feel the palestinians are hugely damaging to jordan because jordan's man industry is tourism.... they love having jews come over from eilat to see petra. it's been a huge money maker for them. different interests than palestinians.

I thought you COULD throw a large boulder...I'm disappointed.

When you set out to plant bombs in public areas and murder innocent men, women and children in the name of some "cause"... I see little difference.

they didn't "plant bombs in public places".

they bombed the center of the british military in jerusalem....

and warned them to get out before the bomb went off.

they targeted strategic targets, not innocents.

you ever hear of a jew blowing up a busload of children?

no.

so like i said....

no.

so like i said....

Research the actions of Irgun during Begin's leadership. I am not talking about King David Hotel. Look it up. It's an ugly bit of history.

no.

so like i said....

Research the actions of Irgun during Begin's leadership. I am not talking about King David Hotel. Look it up. It's an ugly bit of history.

So amazingly lame comparing the commonality, barbarism and long term history of murderous savages vs a group that warned ahead of time and quickly disappeared from history.
The West Bank Jordanians are not only no better than their barbaric "moderate" brethren, they are worse; a difficult status to achieve.

no.

so like i said....
They're filled with asinine false comparisons. It's all they have to justify blatant Islamic terrorism. They are all reading from the same playbook, thinking they are fooling anybody, or somehow this time their lies will work. Never has, never will.

Forum List

Back