Palestinian baby found abandoned On Jerusalem street

And have bigger hearts
:cool:

Not necessarily. I think that is stereotyping. Big hearts for children can be find on both sides of the divide as can black hearts and desperate frightened mothers.

Lipush - what was the Rose Pizem tragedy?

A very long story it is, but to make it short, Rose Pizem was an Israeli-French toddler who was brutally murdered by her family in 2008. They constantly abused her before killing her, and tossed her body into Tel-Aviv river after she died, intending no one will ask questions.

10xvyfo.jpg

What influenced the Israeli public was that before she was murdered, her family tried to "get rid of her" in many ways, but the 'system' was blind somewhat and didn't see the red flag being waved over her family. her story influenced the Israeli public to be more alert to the suffering of children, and that child became a symbol in Israel.

I remember this story got to me years ago, because I got the chance to find a good family to take me in, and she never had that.

And it was so terribly sad:(

For more details to whomever interested- News from Israel, Ynetnews - Rose affair

That is so tragic :(

First thing you do is change the name from "Osana" to something more human sounding.

Am I the only one who is really tired of the incessant racism and anti-Semitism seeping into every thread in this section?

Can't we even discuss an abandoned baby without racial sterotyping?

What on earth is inhuman about being called Hosanna I can't imagine.
Yes, you're the only one. Osana as in Osama? Nothing inhuman about your name sounding like the female version of the worlds most notorious Islamic terrorist. No.

Actually, Osana is the Arabic form of Hosanna - something any Hebrew speaker would know.

Am I the only one who is really tired of the incessant racism and anti-Semitism seeping into every thread in this section?

Can't we even discuss an abandoned baby without racial sterotyping?

What on earth is inhuman about being called Hosanna I can't imagine.
Yes, you're the only one. Osana as in Osama? Nothing inhuman about your name sounding like the female version of the worlds most notorious Islamic terrorist. No.

Actually, Osana is the Arabic form of Hosanna - something any Hebrew speaker would know.
Hosanna is a Greek name. Arabs unless Christian Arabs, generally don't use Greek names. When pronouncing the name Osana, Arabs will not pronounce the H, therefore it will sound exactly like Osama, except with an N.

It would be expected that the same parent or parents that dumped a newborn in the streets, to also be as careless giving the child such a name.

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

I hope the system gives it the best of opportunities and care.

(COMMENT)

What system does Israel have for undocumented orphans?

Sincerely,
R

The baby most likely be sent to adoption. Here children don't get sent into orphanages usually. Families are often found for them.

If it was a 4-5 year old, she would probably have been sent into Palestinian family, because they tend to send kids into same nationality/religion they are originally from.

But since it's a newborn, she'll be sent into an Israeli family, INHO, simply because there are more Israeli families who ask for children's adoption than Palestinian ones.

Many families are registered into foster caring system since the Rose Pizem tragedy. That horrible case caused many Israelis to be more open up to the idea of foster caring because of it, and more in aware of the problem of "undesired children".

Hopefully this infant will be sent into a good family.

Not surprised seeing Israelis steal the babies, too!

That is the Zionist way of life, theft and killing!
Yes, that's all those evil Zionist Israelis do, steal babies.

crazy-bird.gif

Hosanna is a Greek name. Arabs unless Christian Arabs, generally don't use Greek names. When pronouncing the name Osana, Arabs will not pronounce the H, therefore it will sound exactly like Osama, except with an N.

It would be expected that the same parent or parents that dumped a newborn in the streets, to also be as careless giving the child such a name.

Osana meaning and name origin

Osana \o-sa-
na\ as a girl's name is a variant of Hosanna (Greek, Hebrew). See Hosanna for more on meaning of Osana.

The baby name Osana sounds like Osanna, Josana, Oceana and Ysanna. Other similar baby names are Oksana and Osaka.

Osana | meaning of Osana | name Osana

As mentioned earlier, I think any Hebrew speaker would know that.

Osana \o-sa-
na\ as a girl's name is a variant of Hosanna (Greek, Hebrew). See Hosanna for more on meaning of Osana.

The baby name Osana sounds like Osanna, Josana, Oceana and Ysanna. Other similar baby names are Oksana and Osaka.

I don't know what's the name's meaning in Hebrew, and I don't think it matters. If an Israeli family adopts her, she can have both a Hebrew and Arabic name, like many Jews have both Yiddish and Hebrew name (different languages).

The name doesn't matter, what matter if that this helpless infant is sent to a nice and good family which will love and and take care of her.

They could do like Moses' mother.

Many there are who do it every day.

But not all stories end well.

Like the story of Caroline Bruna, who was adopted by a Jewish family in the 80's from Brazil, only to be sent to her abusive biological family 2 years later, and be lost in the poverty neighborhoods of Rio.

2vt8uas.jpg

"You are the Zionist claiming the child would likely be given to a Jewish Zionist family.
I call that child theft. This is a Palestinian child. "

First of all, this is within Israel - so the mother is most likely an Israeli citizen. And Osana will be adopted by Israeli citizens..... Is one's 'ethnicity' more important than their citizenship in your opinion? It doesn't work that way in the US - why should it work that way in any other country?

There seems to be some erroneous perception on the part of the poster above that what she 'calls' something has any meaning or value outside of her own skin. NO. It has exactly the value anyone else is willing to give it: there's nothing else backing it up.

Since an Arab Muslim citizen of Israel has decided that it's best for her daughter to be adopted by fellow Israelis, how does some American get the idea that that's fodder for an anti-'Zionist' tirade?

Last edited:
"You got it backwards, it is supporting racism and bigotry and baby stealing that is vile."

The racism and bigotry is expressed in your declaration that Osana is 'a Palestinian baby': she is a citizen of *Israel*, not Palestine.

You seem to have a real problem with the idea of adoption in general, Sherri - or is it only when it's 'Zionists' doing the adopting? How do you feel about Americans adopting children from overseas?

If 'what makes it different' for someone is that the adoptive parents are 'Zionists', then that SHOULD raise a big red flag. One that has "I am a BIGOT" on it , right over their head.

(cue diverting posts about how horrible 'Zionists' are......)

Osana \o-sa-

Boring...and...Irrelevant again. Arabs don't use Greek or Greek sounding names and the name sounds just like Osama. I'm sure the Arab Palestinian Muslim parents didn't think of the Hebrew or Christian name "Hosana" when naming the child. Doy!

Last edited:
"You are the Zionist claiming the child would likely be given to a Jewish Zionist family.
I call that child theft. This is a Palestinian child. "

First of all, this is within Israel - so the mother is most likely an Israeli citizen. And Osana will be adopted by Israeli citizens..... Is one's 'ethnicity' more important than their citizenship in your opinion? It doesn't work that way in the US - why should it work that way in any other country?

There seems to be some erroneous perception on the part of the poster above that what she 'calls' something has any meaning or value outside of her own skin. NO. It has exactly the value anyone else is willing to give it: there's nothing else backing it up.

Since an Arab Muslim citizen of Israel has decided that it's best for her daughter to be adopted by fellow Israelis, how does some American get the idea that that's fodder for an anti-'Zionist' tirade?

It's so easy to be eaten up by hate, why bother to actually look into the story itself:eusa_whistle:

"You got it backwards, it is supporting racism and bigotry and baby stealing that is vile."

The racism and bigotry is expressed in your declaration that Osana is 'a Palestinian baby': she is a citizen of *Israel*, not Palestine.

You seem to have a real problem with the idea of adoption in general, Sherri - or is it only when it's 'Zionists' doing the adopting? How do you feel about Americans adopting children from overseas?

If 'what makes it different' for someone is that the adoptive parents are 'Zionists', then that SHOULD raise a big red flag. One that has "I am a BIGOT" on it , right over their head.

(cue diverting posts about how horrible 'Zionists' are......)

for the sake of dignity, I did wrote in the title that she's Palestinian (East Jerusalem), but that doesn't really matter, because acts of kindness are required from both Israelis and Palestinians in such case.

Sherri seems offended that Palestinian children 'get stolen', or so its the idea she puts ridiculously in her own head, but that's her own problem.

May all abandoned children who finds themselves in Israeli families grow up to be decent men and women.

And those kind Jews who take those helpless kids have a safe place in heaven.

A two-day-old baby was found Saturday afternoon at the doorstep of a home located on a central Jerusalem street, near Damascus Gate, with a note in Arabic reading "this is my baby Osana, take care of her." The umbilical cord was still attached to the newborn's body, raising the possibility that the baby was born without any medical assistance.

48198650100984640360no.jpg

The baby was found by a boy who was playing nearby. He alerted his mother who immediately informed the authorities. Magen David Adom paramedics examined the baby on site, and rushed her in good condition to Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital in the city.

The man residing in the home where the infant was abandoned said that the baby was asleep. "She had a very cute face, and frankly I have no idea why they left her specifically outside our house," he said. "In our opinion, it is a gift, but one that we cannot keep. They took the baby to the hospital and I hope she will be alright."

Newborn girl abandoned on Jerusalem street - Israel News, Ynetnews

------------

Poor lil thing!
m1523.gif
hope she'll be sent into a good family!
t0820.gif
First thing you do is change the name from "Osana" to something more human sounding.

She's an Arab baby. Is that uncommon to call your child like that? I don't know.

I think it will be unproper. I believe that if her biological mother gave her that name, she may want to look for her one day, after things get easy on her.

If the name is changed, it may be difficult for her to do so.

To be fair I don't think you can name a baby, abandon it, and expect the name to hold. Whoever adopts that baby can name it whatever they wish.

Thats the thing the Arabs don't see anything wrong with it sounding like Osama, Osama is still a very typical and common name in Arab countries and they have no issue with it.

She's an Arab baby. Is that uncommon to call your child like that? I don't know.

I think it will be unproper. I believe that if her biological mother gave her that name, she may want to look for her one day, after things get easy on her.

To be fair I don't think you can name a baby, abandon it, and expect the name to hold. Whoever adopts that baby can name it whatever they wish.
Exactly. Obviously when parents dump a baby like this, the last thing on their minds is its name. A possible the reason for the abandonment could have been because of repressive and strict Islamic laws which forbid out of wedlock sex to occur in Palestinian society, so the mother had to chose between her own life and the life of the child, unfortunately.

Exactly. Obviously when parents dump a baby like this, the last thing on their minds is its name. A possible the reason for the abandonment could have been because of repressive and strict Islamic laws which forbid out of wedlock sex to occur in Palestinian society, so the mother had to chose between her own life and the life of the child, unfortunately.

That happens in every Islamic country, having a baby out of wedlock is forbidden so the options are scarce, you can leave the country if you can afford to, or abandon the child.

Forum List

Back