Italy grants citizenship to a terminally ill British baby after a Vatican hospital offers her care

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
The message is even stronger than the act. "Human life has value". I will refrain from being critical of the Pope for awhile after this decision.

The Italian government makes the British look inhumane. Shame. Little empathy in todays Atheist world.

ROME (AP) — An 8-month-old terminally ill British girl was granted Italian citizenship Monday after a court in Britain upheld rulings authorizing the withdrawal of life-supporting invasive treatment.

Baby Indi Gregory's situation is the latest in a series of cases in Britain in which doctors and parents have sparred over the treatment of terminally ill children.

The child’s family hopes the Italian government's decision will add heft to their fight to allow her to be transferred to Italy. A private online hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in which a British judge is scheduled to consider issues relating to the baby's care. The judge ruled last week that the baby could not be moved to Italy.

The Vatican’s pediatric hospital, Bambino Gesu, in Rome has offered to care for Indi Gregory, and the Italian government said it would pay for any treatment “that is deemed necessary” in Italy.

Italy’s Cabinet, citing “preeminent humanitarian values,” briefly met Monday for the sole purpose of granting the child citizenship.
They say there isn't much hope for little Indi, but until the very end, I'll do what I can to defend her life,'' Premier Giorgia Meloni said in a post on Facebook. “And to defend the right of her mamma and papa to do all that they can for her.”

The message is even stronger than the act. "Human life has value". I will refrain from being critical of the Pope for awhile after this decision.

The Italian government makes the British look inhumane. Shame. Little empathy in todays Atheist world.

ROME (AP) — An 8-month-old terminally ill British girl was granted Italian citizenship Monday after a court in Britain upheld rulings authorizing the withdrawal of life-supporting invasive treatment.

Baby Indi Gregory's situation is the latest in a series of cases in Britain in which doctors and parents have sparred over the treatment of terminally ill children.

The child’s family hopes the Italian government's decision will add heft to their fight to allow her to be transferred to Italy. A private online hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in which a British judge is scheduled to consider issues relating to the baby's care. The judge ruled last week that the baby could not be moved to Italy.

The Vatican’s pediatric hospital, Bambino Gesu, in Rome has offered to care for Indi Gregory, and the Italian government said it would pay for any treatment “that is deemed necessary” in Italy.

Italy’s Cabinet, citing “preeminent humanitarian values,” briefly met Monday for the sole purpose of granting the child citizenship.
They say there isn't much hope for little Indi, but until the very end, I'll do what I can to defend her life,'' Premier Giorgia Meloni said in a post on Facebook. “And to defend the right of her mamma and papa to do all that they can for her.”

Peel ruled that nothing had changed since an earlier ruling that authorized the withdrawal of life-supporting invasive treatment. The judge said his decision was based on findings that Indi had little awareness of what was going on around her and an “extremely limited quality of life,” combined with evidence that she experienced frequent pain as a result of her treatment.

Peel ruled that nothing had changed since an earlier ruling that authorized the withdrawal of life-supporting invasive treatment. The judge said his decision was based on findings that Indi had little awareness of what was going on around her and an “extremely limited quality of life,” combined with evidence that she experienced frequent pain as a result of her treatment.

I am going to take the harsh stance here and say the parents are being selfish bastards. There is no cure for what the baby has, there is only being kept alive via mechanical means and painful treatments for the poor baby.

They are not doing what they are doing for their child, they are doing it for themselves.

I am going to take the harsh stance here and say the parents are being selfish bastards. There is no cure for what the baby has, there is only being kept alive via mechanical means and painful treatments for the poor baby.

They are not doing what they are doing for their child, they are doing it for themselves.
If the kid really has mitochondrial disease, there's only one outcome. Neither the OP nor the link I found indicates how much pain or discomfort the kid's in. But she's on life support, so if she's intubated and fed by tube .... that's torture, not love.

This is monstrous.

This child should be permitted to die peacefully.

^ Gets it.

^ Also gets it.

Why give the commie pope any credit?

Italy is paying for the treatment, not the Vatican

Forum List

Back