Palestinian baby found abandoned On Jerusalem street

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
A two-day-old baby was found Saturday afternoon at the doorstep of a home located on a central Jerusalem street, near Damascus Gate, with a note in Arabic reading "this is my baby Osana, take care of her." The umbilical cord was still attached to the newborn's body, raising the possibility that the baby was born without any medical assistance.

48198650100984640360no.jpg

The baby was found by a boy who was playing nearby. He alerted his mother who immediately informed the authorities. Magen David Adom paramedics examined the baby on site, and rushed her in good condition to Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital in the city.

The man residing in the home where the infant was abandoned said that the baby was asleep. "She had a very cute face, and frankly I have no idea why they left her specifically outside our house," he said. "In our opinion, it is a gift, but one that we cannot keep. They took the baby to the hospital and I hope she will be alright."

Newborn girl abandoned on Jerusalem street - Israel News, Ynetnews

------------

Poor lil thing!
m1523.gif
hope she'll be sent into a good family!
t0820.gif

How very sad that a parent has to resort to that. I hope the baby gets a good loving family, and also the mother gets some help too.

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

I hope the system gives it the best of opportunities and care.

How very sad that a parent has to resort to that. I hope the baby gets a good loving family, and also the mother gets some help too.
(COMMENT)

What system does Israel have for undocumented orphans?

Sincerely,
R

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

(COMMENT)

Sincerely,
R

The baby most likely be sent to adoption. Here children don't get sent into orphanages usually. Families are often found for them.

If it was a 4-5 year old, she would probably have been sent into Palestinian family, because they tend to send kids into same nationality/religion they are originally from.

But since it's a newborn, she'll be sent into an Israeli family, INHO, simply because there are more Israeli families who ask for children's adoption than Palestinian ones.

Many families are registered into foster caring system since the Rose Pizem tragedy. That horrible case caused many Israelis to be more open up to the idea of foster caring because of it, and more in aware of the problem of "undesired children".

Hopefully this infant will be sent into a good family.

It is possible that the mother is too young, or worse, it could be a "family honor" issue, and in that case, for the safety of both mother and child, it'll be best if the mother is never found.

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

(COMMENT)

Sincerely,
R

The baby most likely be sent to adoption. Here children don't get sent into orphanages usually. Families are often found for them.

If it was a 4-5 year old, she would probably have been sent into Palestinian family, because they tend to send kids into same nationality/religion they are originally from.

But since it's a newborn, she'll be sent into an Israeli family, INHO, simply because there are more Israeli families who ask for children's adoption than Palestinian ones.

Many families are registered into foster caring system since the Rose Pizem tragedy. That horrible case caused many Israelis to be more open up to the idea of foster caring because of it, and more in aware of the problem of "undesired children".

And have bigger hearts
:cool:

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

(COMMENT)

Sincerely,
R

And have bigger hearts

and tragedies to shape them.

We're all still haunted by the Rose Pizem case, if there anything to shape the kind hearts of good people, is the cruel selfish heart of bad people. :(

Sweet_Caroline, et al,

(COMMENT)

Sincerely,
R

And have bigger hearts

Not necessarily. I think that is stereotyping. Big hearts for children can be find on both sides of the divide as can black hearts and desperate frightened mothers.

Lipush - what was the Rose Pizem tragedy?

Wait...

Are you telling me the Jews didn't drink the Palestinian baby's blood? They didn't eat it?

Because you know what's been said over the years...

I certainly hope this child finds herself in a loving and giving environment.

And have bigger hearts

Not necessarily. I think that is stereotyping. Big hearts for children can be find on both sides of the divide as can black hearts and desperate frightened mothers.

Lipush - what was the Rose Pizem tragedy?

A very long story it is, but to make it short, Rose Pizem was an Israeli-French toddler who was brutally murdered by her family in 2008. They constantly abused her before killing her, and tossed her body into Tel-Aviv river after she died, intending no one will ask questions.

10xvyfo.jpg

What influenced the Israeli public was that before she was murdered, her family tried to "get rid of her" in many ways, but the 'system' was blind somewhat and didn't see the red flag being waved over her family. her story influenced the Israeli public to be more alert to the suffering of children, and that child became a symbol in Israel.

I remember this story got to me years ago, because I got the chance to find a good family to take me in, and she never had that.

And it was so terribly sad:(

For more details to whomever interested- http://www.ynetnews.com/home/0,7340,L-7543,00.html

Last edited:
A two-day-old baby was found Saturday afternoon at the doorstep of a home located on a central Jerusalem street, near Damascus Gate, with a note in Arabic reading "this is my baby Osana, take care of her." The umbilical cord was still attached to the newborn's body, raising the possibility that the baby was born without any medical assistance.

The baby was found by a boy who was playing nearby. He alerted his mother who immediately informed the authorities. Magen David Adom paramedics examined the baby on site, and rushed her in good condition to Hadassah Mount Scopus Hospital in the city.

The man residing in the home where the infant was abandoned said that the baby was asleep. "She had a very cute face, and frankly I have no idea why they left her specifically outside our house," he said. "In our opinion, it is a gift, but one that we cannot keep. They took the baby to the hospital and I hope she will be alright."

------------

Poor lil thing!
m1523.gif
t0820.gif
First thing you do is change the name from "Osana" to something more human sounding.

First thing you do is change the name from "Osana" to something more human sounding.

Am I the only one who is really tired of the incessant racism and anti-Semitism seeping into every thread in this section?

Can't we even discuss an abandoned baby without racial sterotyping?

What on earth is inhuman about being called Hosanna I can't imagine.

------------

Poor lil thing!
m1523.gif
t0820.gif

She's an Arab baby. Is that uncommon to call your child like that? I don't know.

I think it will be unproper. I believe that if her biological mother gave her that name, she may want to look for her one day, after things get easy on her.

If the name is changed, it may be difficult for her to do so.

Multiple babies are abandoned everyday here. How come you aren't posting about them?

Am I the only one who is really tired of the incessant racism and anti-Semitism seeping into every thread in this section?

Can't we even discuss an abandoned baby without racial sterotyping?

What on earth is inhuman about being called Hosanna I can't imagine.
Yes, you're the only one. Osana as in Osama? Nothing inhuman about your name sounding like the female version of the worlds most notorious Islamic terrorist. No.

Last edited:

------------

Poor lil thing!
m1523.gif
t0820.gif

She's an Arab baby. Is that uncommon to call your child like that? I don't know.

I think it will be unproper. I believe that if her biological mother gave her that name, she may want to look for her one day, after things get easy on her.

If the name is changed, it may be difficult for her to do so.
The baby is very young, I'm sure if adopted (hopefully by a good family), they will also change the name.

Forum List

Back