Pagan worship holidays celebrated by so-called Christians

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by Bass v 2.0, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    Christmas, Easter, "St. Valentines Day", Halloween, etc are all pagan holidays that have been transformed, re-packaged and commercialized to become so called religious and feel good holidays for children and family.

Are Holidays like Christmas and Easter pagan or Christian?

Transgressors of the Word of the Lord, the Lord has spoken well of you all:

Isaiah 29:13-14

13 Therefore the Lord said: "Inasmuch as this people draw near Me with their mouth and with their lips do honor Me, but have removed their heart far from Me, and their fear toward Me is taught by the precept of men,

14 therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvelous work among this people, even a marvelous work and a wonder; for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid."

2. Epsilon Delta

Epsilon Delta Jedi Master

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +364
    Of course they had to incorporate party times to the religion. Imagine how boring it would've been otherwise, nobody woulda joined.

3. Mr. President

Mr. President BOARD PRESIDENT..carry on

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Thats not a secret Of course celebrations were added and some were in origin pagan

4. Ravi

Ravi Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +29,769
    Still campaigning against Catholics, Bass?

Run off and play with yourself.

5. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    I will actually give you credit for this one. The only thing some of these holiday's (Valentines Day, Halloween, etc) have done is create money making machines for retail companies.

The one's that I do not understand are Christmas Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Easter. Why do "non belivers" get these days off with pay? It just does not make sense .... but they sure do not turn the "holiday pay" down either, do they?

6. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    Thanksgiving day is NOT a religious holiday. Nor is Halloween.

The Catholic Church made Christmas and Easter on the days they did BECAUSE they were originally pagan holidays, the idea was to help convert the Pagans and it worked.

As far as I know the only Christian sects that disagree with those days are considered cults by the rest of you anyway. Can we say Jehovah Witness?

That the days were Pagan holidays is not a secret, never has been.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. Mr. President

Mr. President BOARD PRESIDENT..carry on

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +290
    We all know religion is politics. So of course the church would be willing to have celebrations on Pagan holidays the same way my church throws a party on haloween night to discourage kids from going trick or treating and letting them fellowship in a fun enviroment at church. Religious people dont want to be bored.

8. CA95380

CA95380 USMB Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +186
    You answered your own question ..... Thanksgiving Day "off" with pay for Jehovah Witness'es. New Year's Day too. Do you know of any of them that turn down holiday pay for Thanksgiving or the other one's? I don't. And I did not say that Halloween was a religious holiday. Clean your monitor or your glasses.

9. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,928
    Why should they? They have a WORK contract. It has zero to do with religion. They do NOT celebrate those days.

Ohh and the Jehovah Witness do not celebrate Christmas because they say Jesus never ask anyone to celebrate his birth. If they did it would probably be in October since that is pretty close to when he was born by the information in the bible.

They do celebrate Easter because it is not the right day for his death and resurrection.

10. Bass v 2.0

Bass v 2.0 Biblical Warrior For God.

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +528
    The Lord has *NOT* commanded anyone to celebrate any such holidays but as the the Word says:

Proverbs 14:12

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Instead the Lord has said:

Deuteronomy 6:17

Ye shall diligently keep the commandments of the LORD your God, and his testimonies, and his statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2008